• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying Oogie Boogie Tickets - Timing

It won't matter - someone did share their link but it still puts you in your own queue

Well, 4th time was a success. Got to the final page, did a dance, prayed to Luke, Thor, Mickey, and Dumbo, turned on Disney+, touched the top of our lego disney castle when I hit the Purchase button. Finally got a purchase confirmation page. I bet those exact things I did were what made it possible. I think I forgot to put in my email address though. lol. Guess I'll be calling at some point.

I'd hope that it won't let checkout happen for "e tickets" without a valid email, but I didn't pay attention to my autofill, I'm not confident in Disney IT's(or their agent) ability to handle exceptions, and my billing details don't show an email address.

After 3.5 hours, one of my three finally worked out. I have two others I had opened (one within 10 seconds of the one that finally went through) and they have never budged from "more than one hour". Fingers crossed for everyone. Hope you are able to get the days you want.

Update from Disney Support Line:

Wish I had better news to share. Just got off the phone with a REALLY nice cast member. (I can't believe I forgot to ask for her name. :(). In short, she said that it's unclear if a pending charge will eventually result in tickets. It could ... it also couldn’t. Nothing is "final" until you have a confirmation email. She advised me to remain in the queue as the IT team is actively trying to resolve the error message/time out/phantom charge issue.

She was super apologetic and honest. She shared that the support line has been inundated with requests ... to the point that “the powers that be” (my words, not hers) looked into selling tickets using alternative methods. Unfortunately, that didn’t pan out.

On the bright side, she did say that Disney would absolutely take care of any duplicative charges (though I personally suspect going through your credit card company may be faster).

So, add me to the growing list of people starting at the “more than an hour” screen.

So has anyone actually been able to purchase theirs? 😂😭

Thanks to @Skyegirl1999, I was just able to purchase ours. I still have a pending charge on another credit card, but according to GothicRosie any pending charges will be dropped without a confirmation email. I did the first 3 tries a couple hours ago so I don't think I was ever going to get a confirmation number for that charge. But it seems to be working now. So thankful for this group!

Whoa, this is a mess! We've been in the virtual queue for almost 4 hours and nothing. Sounds like everyone is having issues.

Well, I was in 3 1/2 hour ago, but got the error message on checkout 5 times (and 5 charges to my card). It pushed me back out to the cue after the last attempt. I checked the script and it said I was going to be let in at 6 p.m. PST, but all of the sudden it started counting down quickly. It just let me back in and I was FINALLY able to successfully purchase my tickets (now with 6 charges to my card!). I will wait to see if the "extra" charges disappear before trying to call. Just happy it finally worked!

All dates are still available when I was just in there - so hopefully you all will be able to get your dates too! And hopefully now that they have things fixed the cue will clear much faster than expected!

I just got my tickets and I have a window at 12 minutes if anyone wants it. First to DM gets it.

Edit - gone.

After 3.5 hours, one of my three finally worked out. I have two others I had opened (one within 10 seconds of the one that finally went through) and they have never budged from "more than one hour". Fingers crossed for everyone. Hope you are able to get the days you want.
Me too! Finally. Sounds like we were moving at the same pace.

Hoping for the best for everybody else! With no sell-outs yet I'm hopeful for everybody!

I've been waiting close to 4 hours now. Finally decided to try from a second device, but both say over an hour. So, maybe it's not meant to be for me.

So has anyone actually been able to purchase theirs? 😂😭

I did......on my 4th try. First three attempts errored out, which is unfortunate because the first attempt was from an unused link that a generous board member shared and the error pretty much rendered it useless. I had my windows open, expecting to share those until the dumb error. 4 pending charges and only 1 confirmation page from those 4 attempts.

I opened additional sessions around 11am PST to hopefully share, but they're all still over an hour.

Still at over an hour, waiting since 12:08 EST/9:08am PST and all the devices say expected service time in the wee hours of 7/14 now. Feels like it's not going to happen. Not sure why it hates me!

Well after reading this thread I am so so so glad we decided to skip the party during our October trip. This is insane! I saw a woman on Tik Tok crying hysterically becasue money came out of her bank account like 4 times and now she is negative. No thanks Disney!

Got in and bought tickets with no errors or anything, and got an order confirmation page. I probably have tickets, right? No need to worry/stress for the confirmation email?

Also, i have one queue that jsut went to 5 minutes -- first person to pm can have it. -- claimed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter