Buying alcohol for cruise

Does anyone have any recipes for simple mixed drinks on the ships using what's available at the fountains, e.g. rum and coke.
Cubre Libre
Rum brought from home, coke from the soda fountain, and a lime from the buffet.
Scotch and water

We used Cape Canaveral Liquors on our last cruise. They were wonderful to work with AND deliver to the port. You can either place the order online or call.

I saw from your signature that you sailed last month. I just wanted to check that you were able to get a delivery from an outside vendor, as it has been reported here that this is not longer possible. Thanks!

WDW sells wine on site. I purchased 4 bottles of Once Upon A VINE, dusney brand. You can get it at the WDW hotel stores. I purchased ours from the Contemporary Hotel and Port Orleans Riverside. Packed it un my carry-on and took it on board. Salut!

Also... if your cruise is going to Nassau there is a wonderful wine store a few blocks on the main street from where you're docked. I believe they also sell bottled water and other alcoholic beverages.

My understanding is that no open bottles are allowed when passing through customs, so any liquor would have to be consumed before the end of cruise.

My understanding is that no open bottles are allowed when passing through customs, so any liquor would have to be consumed before the end of cruise.
There have been many reports of people bringing their unfinished alcoholic bottles off the ship at the end of the cruise. The issue would have to do with proving whether that alcohol was purchased pre-cruise or during the cruise - for customs allowances.

Yes your opened alcohol need to be consumed before diembarkation. Or simply throw it away before heading through customs.

Wow, that's awesome. Sure beats throwing money down the drain or having one heck of a hang-over :-)

Yes, I carried our open bottles off as well. No issues at all. In the past I always tried to finish the bottle, or left the remaining bottle because I thought it could not be taken off Because it was open. But after reading these boards I tried it in March and it worked. I was not asked a thing about it.

That's really great. I'm trying to book another cruise between now and January, if my pocketbook will allow it. If so, I'll bring my vino and take home what I can't finish. Thank you

:love:

I dont think we would have any problems with finishing with left over booze :rolleyes: ... its how we get it IN that was the issue, @just2girls1 How does this work? Where do you meet to pick up your bottles?, Thank you.

Reactions: Kae
I always carry my "goods" in my carry-on luggage. Whatever you can physically carry is what you're allowed to bring. Many passengers bring flats of water, beer and other beverages. If you put any of these items in your checked luggage the porters/attrndants that bring your luggage to your room will be confiscated for the duration of the cruise. Those items will then be returned on the last night if the cruise.

This is only what I've heard. If anyone knows differently, please correct me. Thx

Last edited:
I saw from your signature that you sailed last month. I just wanted to check that you were able to get a delivery from an outside vendor, as it has been reported here that this is not longer possible. Thanks!
Sorry, I took so long to answer. Yes, we did use them along with others on our cruise. I found out about them via a cruise group we had set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter