Butter Beer?

morgansmom2000

DIS Veteran
Has anyone got a recipe for Butter Beer? I got an email with a link in it this past weekend, but I can't find it now! It recommended Vanilla Bean ice cream. It needs to be non-alcoholic :)

TIA,

if you google there are quite a few, but I have not tried any.

Has anyone tried any of the online recipes? Are any of them close to what's sold at Universal? I haven't been there yet myself, but I've read that the butterbeer is fantastic.

You know, this wasn't even on my radar before I saw this thread... and now I somehow have an updated shopping list with cream soda and heavy cream. Having never tasted the official version, I don't have anything to compare the results with, but as long as it's tasty, I'll be happy. A butterscotchy cream soda with a thick, frothy head - what's not to love?

My two finalists:
Recipe #1
Recipe #2

I ended up finding one, but I have no idea if it's like what they serve in Universal, because we've never been. It had butterscotch pudding and cream soda in it though. I found it too sweet, but my daughter's friend loved it!

It had butterscotch pudding and cream soda in it though.

Butterscotch pudding and cream soda sounds interesting. Did the texture getting pudding-ified or just taste butterscotchy? Most of recipes I found said that the difficult part was to get a butterscotchy flavor without becoming too sweet.

I tried the first of the ones I linked above and it was very tasty. If anything, it could have been a little sweeter. And I'd like to figure out a way to make the froth more frothy, and less like an ice cream float. It has definite potential, though. And I haven't even started experimenting with butterscotch schnapps or rum yet!

This is an interesting article about the story behind the 'beer.

It got very pudding like, thick and hard to "sip." Again, it was good, but wicked (yes, yes I am from Boston) sweet.

My hubby and I tried to make it like a year back. We experimented with a lot of different things we saw online. We pretty much got the taste using a good quality Cream Soda and a little bit of Butterscotch syrup. We are still unable to make the "foam" but we did try to stir in some cool-whip. Almost the same. =)

my son is dying to try this. I went on to the US boards and somewhere I seen something about pumpkin juice... Has anyone heard about this?

I saw a recipe awhile ago that used cream soda, and either clarified butter, or butter flavoring. The foam part was just whipped cream with the butter flavor added. I can't for the life of me remember the blog I found the recipe on, but I remember her saying it tasted pretty identical to the one found at Universal. I'll look around for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter