• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brita Fill'n Go at CVS!

torinsmom said:
So, if I was to buy one of these, could my mom put in WDW water, then squeeze it out into the coffee pot to make coffee that doesn't taste nasty? She always complains when we travel about the taste of water. Might be worth it just for that.

Marsha

Of course, thats what I do!!

So you just want it to stop her complaining? :woohoo:

Well, she needs her coffee and I heard the coffee at Pop is terrible! Its better to make sure she has some decent coffee than to hear her complain about it! LOL

Marsha

well, the bottle filters will absolutly fix that problem!! The reason it tastes bad is the chlorine that is in tap water. Not to mention it's bad for your body. The 16oz sport bottles are smaller and easier to carry around. Plus they come in the family pack with a free bottle!!

So, the Brita Fill & Go is discontinued? I just went to look for it at Duane Reade and didn't see it, then came on the DIS to read this thread...

For anyone who ordered the Pure Water 2GO filter that fits in a regular water bottle - how long did it take to get it once you ordered? I leave for Disney in 12 days and want to make sure I have it beforehand!

Thanks!!

CareBearYN said:
So, the Brita Fill & Go is discontinued? I just went to look for it at Duane Reade and didn't see it, then came on the DIS to read this thread...

For anyone who ordered the Pure Water 2GO filter that fits in a regular water bottle - how long did it take to get it once you ordered? I leave for Disney in 12 days and want to make sure I have it beforehand!

Thanks!!

yes, it is discontinued. I've ordered from purewater2go a couple times, and they always ship out either the same day or next business day. If you ordered tonight, it should go out tomorrow. with ground (depending on where you are) you should get it in a few days.

I would recommend the sport bottles. I have both the 16 and 27 oz, and the 16 is much more handy because it is smaller and fits in water fountains and sinks.

I ordered the bottles for our trip. They saved us alot of cash and still are. One thing though, I wish I had ordered the larger bottles. We were constantly having to refill the smaller bottles.

I have a couple large ones, and a couple small ones.

I agree, I like the large ones for longer areas without refilling. However, the small ones are nice because they fit in water fountains and sinks easily. The large ones get in the way of themsleves sometimes.

I got the larger ones myself. maybe I should order a couple of the small ones too?? how much smaller are they?

they are about half the size i guess. They are much more handy if you are going to be filling up from water fountains and sinks.

cnids00 said:
I haven't seen them in forever, last I knew they clearanced them out all over the stores. yesterday I had to wait for a prescription to be filled and walked right into the aisle with the bottles and 2-pack replacement filters.

Not on clearance anymore though $7.99 each but I was so happy to get ahold of them again!! :Pinkbounc

I know you can get bottled water as a snack on the DP but I don't want to waste points on water ;)

Just wanted to pass it along to any Brita Fill'n Go -lovers :cheer2:

It looks like this was posted a while ago, is it still valid? I am just now reading it. Have you seen them? Any other places/options?

Luckily when I saw the post I went to a little CVS store by my house and found 3 Brita fill & go bottles for $7.99 each - they only had 4 on the shelf!

Then I stumbled upon the Brita replacement filters 2 for $2 on a clearance aisle. Knowing they had been discontinued, I bought the remaining 3 packs.

I ordered some Culligan filter bottles (smaller ones for the kids) on Ebay and they worked out perfectly for the kids- they fit their fannypacks. That was very important since I had no intention of carrying everyone's water bottles around all day. My daypack was heavy enough! The ebay transaction was flawless and they arrived shortly after I won the auction (seller was in Houston, TX).

I read that Brita violated some other company's patent and were forced to stop manufacturing/selling the Fill & Go bottles and filters.

I recommend these bottles highly! Worth the money and the longrun savings.

Thanks for the info about mountain equipment coop. I never even thought of them. I was jsut about to fork out to order from the states, but this may be better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter