• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brita Fill'n Go at CVS!

cnids00

Love is in the little touches
I haven't seen them in forever, last I knew they clearanced them out all over the stores. yesterday I had to wait for a prescription to be filled and walked right into the aisle with the bottles and 2-pack replacement filters.

Not on clearance anymore though $7.99 each but I was so happy to get ahold of them again!! :Pinkbounc

I know you can get bottled water as a snack on the DP but I don't want to waste points on water ;)

Just wanted to pass it along to any Brita Fill'n Go -lovers :cheer2:

Thanks for the post! I've been looking for these bottles. I'll have to checks the CVS' in our area.

Do they really help the water taste better? DD thinks the water is, "Just so GROSS". I would love to find a filtering bottle that helps that. Thanks

They really do help! I thought the water was even beyond "gross" and with the Brita the bad taste was completely gone. We even kept one beside the bathroom sink for brushing our teeth! :teeth:

My DS10 once put soda in the Brita (forgot about the filter) and couldn't figure out why it came out tasting like water! :lmao:

It will be well worth the $$$$ then. Water really adds up. We usually buy a case and put it in the room but it is always warm when we get it to the parks. Thanks for the info

We loved our Brita bottles. Filled them with ice at the resort each am, and drank as it melted. Much better than the water there, unless you are used to heavily chlorinated water.

We love the Brita bottle! The difference in the taste of the water is night & day. And we've been looking for refills. I'll have to check out some CVSs around here. Thanks for the note.

All of the CVS stores around here carry the bottles & filters. I have noticed that they don't seem to be getting any more bottles in, though. I bought the last one at the CVS near the Marshall's I go to, and since then they just have the filters. I keep thinking they will put the darn things on clearance, but no such luck!

Our first trip we spent at least $25 on water bottles a day, we had no clue the water was so awful at WDW. 2nd trip I bought the Brita Fill'n Go only because of reading so much about it on this board, and YES it sure does work. Best investment for our trip with no doubt!

I just wish they'd go on clearance ;) so I could stock up for more trips to WDW in the future :cool1:

There are no CVS stores where I live in Iowa. Anyone know where they might sell these bottles besides CVS? I did not see them at Wal Mart or Target.

Thanks for the tip about the CVS stores. I have been looking for four of these bottles for a month with no luck. I went to four different CVS stores today and found two (one each at different stores). :yay: I got two more from ebay that are on the way. Brita does not even list these on their website. Someone in a different post said they had been discontinued. Last July I spent a fortune on water, so I'm excited to save that money for something else.

niklynn1 said:
There are no CVS stores where I live in Iowa. Anyone know where they might sell these bottles besides CVS? I did not see them at Wal Mart or Target.
Try walgreens if they are near you I find the strangest stuff in walgreens.

D said:
Do they really help the water taste better? DD thinks the water is, "Just so GROSS". I would love to find a filtering bottle that helps that. Thanks

When we returned home from our last trip my son took his Britta botte to school like he would any regular water bottle. We had forgotten to remove the filter, and that day he decided to drink Crystal Lite rather than plain water.
The drink had no taste, and just a slight pink color - so Yeah, they do a great job!

just opened up and there are always people picketing it. I guess they used non-union people to do some of the work. They are outside pciketing and have a vary large blow up RAT with them. I will try CVS or Walmart. Thanks!!!

We just returned from an 8-day trip to SSR and used the Brita Fill 'n Go filters. After seeing this thread, I found them in one CVS a couple of towns over. My local CVS did not have them. They were $8.49 for a 2-pack, but they did not stock the bottles.

I then found them at the local WalMart on clearance for $2.00 for a 2-pack so I scooped 'em up. No bottles there either.

I did find that the filters fit in an Aquafina or Dasani water bottle, so that's what we used for the trip. We used one filter for the entire trip and it worked great!

Best tip on the board!

Thanks. :thumbsup2

we just bought our brita bottle and we are looking for the replacement filters so we have them on hand brita doesnt make them anymore so who knows

rbonneau said:
I did find that the filters fit in an Aquafina or Dasani water bottle, so that's what we used for the trip. We used one filter for the entire trip and it worked great!

Do they fit inside the bottle, resting on the rim so that you can screw the top back on? I found some made by Culligan like this, but I've only seen them online.

Thanks!

Yes, they do fit in the bottle and the cap will still fit on. I found that the Aquafina and Dasani bottles worked fine. A couple of others I tried did not.

You can't get the last few ounces of water out of the bottle either, but all-in-all it's a minor inconvenience. The filters are wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter