• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brit listeners

There is obviously a lot of UK interest in the show. Has anybody had a voicemail read out on the show? I was thinking of leaving one but was wondering what is the easiest/cheapest way of calling the US. Also do you think they will be able to understand a Welsh accent?

I'm listening from Norwich, Norfolk, UK. :)
I listen to the podcast on my journey to and from work and sometimes during my lunchbreak. I download it via iTunes onto my mobile phone. I love it! Much better than the thumping music the teen behind me has turned up so loud that the whole bus can hear it! It puts me in a shiny, happy place on the dull commute to work. :)

There is obviously a lot of UK interest in the show. Has anybody had a voicemail read out on the show? I was thinking of leaving one but was wondering what is the easiest/cheapest way of calling the US. Also do you think they will be able to understand a Welsh accent?

I did leave a voicemail, but they haven't played it, which they should, because I'm desperate for a T-Shirt so my Dole Whip master plan will work!

I used skype, the actual call cost me 6p, but I had to buy £11.50 of credit, I'm sure I'll eventually burn that off.

another brit here and the first brit to choose a number aswell :) thanks podcast crew anyone from west yorks?:dance3:

I had an email read out. How excited was I???:banana:

I had an email read out. How excited was I???:banana:

That's so cooool :thumbsup2

I can never think of anyhing to say :confused: I think I've been on the Dis too much, I just seem to be able to remember tons of Disney related info but never useful stuff like the date or what I'm doing in the evening :lmao:

Button I do agree it sucks so much not being in the right job for Canada, if I could go back in time ......

DH is in IT and the job front is satuarted with IT skilled people :sad1: If we never get to live in America I would at least like a holiday home there.

Oh, good luck to any UK Disers that call/mail the show :cool1: I love how they love our accents, it makes you feel special :cloud9:

Another Brit here. From a quite pleasant bit just north of Birmingham. ("Birmingham" does NOT rhyme with "joint of ham" by the way, it's more "hm" than "ham" - LOL!)

Andre

Bur-ming-hm

Anyone else laugh a bit when they heard Julie pronounce 'Devonshire?', maybe that just me, but Americans saying English place names always makes me giggle. I think we should give them a list of difficult ones to try and say on the podcast!

Hmm, how do you think they would pronounce Lewes?

worcestershire, or Leicestershire are my favourites, tho we Brits are probably just as guilty - Maryland anyone? ;)

:goodvibes

worcestershire, or Leicestershire are my favourites, tho we Brits are probably just as guilty - Maryland anyone? ;)

I love Leicestershire too - it always seems to come out as "Lie-kes-ter-shy-er". For the Americans reading this, the correct pronunciation is "Less-ter-sheer" (for some reason lost in time!). Gloucestershire is another one (it should be "gloss-ter-sheer").

Maryland? I've always pronounced it as "Mary-land" - should it be something like "marry-land" then?

I also love that Dione Warwick can't pronounce her own name. :) (the UK town of Warwick is pronounced as "worr-ick")

Andre

Maryland is said more like 'marilyn' I think, Arkansas is another one I'm sure most of us get wrong too :)

Ha! And those are more national places, I lived in a village Cogenhoe (pretty much only the locals know the correct pronunciation) which you say Cook-no (Cook meaning look out, noe meaning hill - look out on the hill!) so you can tell if people are local or not :lmao:

Even Towcester is a bit tricky you say Toaster:cool1: :thumbsup2

I do hope they read these out :rotfl2:

Edinburgh was a toughie for them if I recall :hug:

The biggest challenge would almost certainly be:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

This is a real Welsh town, and its name translates as "The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave".

So go on Julie, that's your challenge from the UK for this week. :)

Andre
(and no, I can't say it either!)

The biggest challenge would almost certainly be:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is a real Welsh town, and its name translates as "The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave".[/FONT]
So go on Julie, that's your challenge from the UK for this week. :)

Andre
(and no, I can't say it either!)

I'd pay for the team to go to DLRP if they managed to say that :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Disclaimer: not really (wish I could afford that)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter