Bristol Palin Baby Son Tripp Born

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will call me a moderate Dem. because my views are somewhere in the middle usually slightly to the left. I'm not sure why that matters, but on all of these threads it seems to. People on this thread have questioned why this even made the news. Well the baby's grandma was running for VP and she did announance the pregnancy on national tv. The media was going to follow up on the story. I'm sure that they will also follow up on any wedding may take place. As far as the drug charges against the other grandma making news, I can see that too. I've got some interesting inlaws. So interesting that when my BIL went through the hiring process for a high level federal job he had to sign something saying that he had no contact with these family members. My inlaws and my connection to them has never made any news because no one in my family is in the public eye. That is not the case for Bristol Palin.

As far as Tripp's name it didn't even make me blink an eye. I've met a Snow White, Justa Doll, and Dusty Roads. Tripp seems pretty normal to me.

How sad that only some of the libs could wish Bristol well! After all, a baby is a blessed and happy event to be celebrated regardless of circumstances. I also can't figure out why it is so important for some to criticize Bristol's choice of names. It is her baby and she has every right to name it as she pleases.

How sad that some of the cons have to further their agenda by using a thread to celebrate a new baby to get in their digs at liberals and the president elect.

Unusual names are always going to be discussed. It has nothing to do with politics. Many other strange names were also discussed on this thread with no inkling of whether the parents were democrat, republican, independent or other.

How sad that some of the cons have to further their agenda by using a thread to celebrate a new baby to get in their digs at liberals and the president elect.

Unusual names are always going to be discussed. It has nothing to do with politics. Many other strange names were also discussed on this thread with no inkling of whether the parents were democrat, republican, independent or other.

Actually, I couldn't figure out why some libs felt it necessary to target a young couple that just experienced the most wonderful event that can occur in life. Bristol and Levi are proud parents. Regardless of anyone's politics, the event is to be celebrated and the baby is truly a gift for the Palin family. I think congratulations for all are in order.

This is a joke right? It is libs who condemn pre marital sex and out of wedlock births???

Generalize much? Although a faction of the party (evangelicals) think that way, the conservative movement was based on living your life without imposing on anyone else. I wish the GOP can get away from the extremists too. However, I found many people very judgmental toward Palin assuming she was this preachy, pollyanna, life- is-perfect person.

It doesn't have anything to do with politics at all whether someone congratulates them. Are the new parents reading this thread and need to see a congratulations? It's sad when people try to make something out of nothing and stir an empty pot. I saw several libs wishing them best. Then you get one or two posting a different opinion (mostly about the name) and now every lib is painted with a wide brush and it becomes a political issue. So typical.

I do wish Bristol and the new baby well.

I think she is just following something in her family by naming him with a TR name.

As a PP stated, I did think of Jack Tripper as well.;)

I wish Bristol and Levi a lot of luck, they are definately going to need it, its never easy raising a child especially in times like these. Even though I disagreed with Palins political views I am darn sure she will make a very good Grandma.

I just do hope that the media does leave them alone, get your pictures and move on. The election is over, you know what I mean.

How sad that some of the cons have to further their agenda...

Actually, I couldn't figure out why some libs felt it necessary to target...

Can't anyone just give it a rest? The generalizations made by both sides about the other in this thread are just petty. I'm starting to think Baby Tripp is probably capable of better conversation at this point. :sad2:

I'm by no means fan of Sarah Palin as a politician, but I'm very happy for the family's new arrival and wish them all the best. Nice to hear some good news once in awhile, especially these days.

I do wish Bristol and the new baby well.

I think she is just following something in her family by naming him with a TR name.

As a PP stated, I did think of Jack Tripper as well.;)

I wish Bristol and Levi a lot of luck, they are definately going to need it, its never easy raising a child especially in times like these. Even though I disagreed with Palins political views I am darn sure she will make a very good Grandma.

I just do hope that the media does leave them alone, get your pictures and move on. The election is over, you know what I mean.

I heard the name and thought of Linda Tripp...lol.

Congrats to the new parents.

I knew somebody who used the name Tripp back in the 70's. Of course, this was right before he was busted with a virtual buttload of LSD.

I wonder if her mom picked it out. She seems to like names that start with "Tr". I guess Bristol likes them too.

I think the whole Palin family deserves congratulations. They have a wonderful new member in their family. Like every family, the Palins have their own unique issues, but they seem to be such a warm, loving, and supportive group. I'm sure this new baby will bring much joy to their lives.

Do you really think that the birth of a 'legitimate' child is more important that an 'illegitimate' one? :sad2: Bristol's situation may not be picture perfect, but the baby is a true gift to the family that love and care for him.

I'll never understand libs who have no problem condeming an innocent child because of birth circumstances, yet vote for and support a man with questionable 'legitimacy' surrounding his birth.

Wait a minute, I'm a very liberal democrat and I wrote this "We are celebrating a baby, not an illegitimate child. There are no illegitimate children. She was already pregnant, what did you want them to do, send it back?" several posts before yours. No one party, leaning, etc corners the market on "proper" sentiments. BTW I (gasp) have a friend who protests perceived abortion clinics. She's been arrested several times. I respect her right, don't agree with it, but don't hate her for it. There is no 100% right / wrong based on Lib/Cons, you silly old bear. :goodvibes

Can't anyone just give it a rest? The generalizations made by both sides about the other in this thread are just petty. I'm starting to think Baby Tripp is probably capable of better conversation at this point. :sad2:

Amen to that.

Congrats to them all - just someone stop them from naming their children anymore.

Wait a minute, I'm a very liberal democrat and I wrote this "We are celebrating a baby, not an illegitimate child. There are no illegitimate children. She was already pregnant, what did you want them to do, send it back?" several posts before yours. No one party, leaning, etc corners the market on "proper" sentiments. BTW I (gasp) have a friend who protests perceived abortion clinics. She's been arrested several times. I respect her right, don't agree with it, but don't hate her for it. There is no 100% right / wrong based on Lib/Cons, you silly old bear. :goodvibes

I don't think that the circumstances of a baby's birth should reflect on the child. I actually think you agree with me. However, I don't really see why a newborn innocent baby should have his name attacked as some have done on this thread. Sarah Palin ran for office, not her daughter. It was fine to state an opinion about her, but think that the privacy of her children and grandchild should be respected. The election is over. Isn't it time to leave this young mother alone and move on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter