• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Bringing strollers on monorail, buses, etc.???

hmhs

Mouseketeer
I have some stroller questions:

Can you bring strollers folded up on the monorail? Is it a terrible pain or worth it? We are staying a the Poly so I think we will be pretty close.

What about on the buses?

I had bought a new umbrella stoller for the trip that was going to be so easy, but we just tried it out and it is SO hard to push, so I'm thinking of taking my regular Graco stroller... dosen't fold quite as small as an umbrella, but it's not huge either.

I really don't want to rent a stroller, due to cost and I think my son would be more comfortable in our own... and more likely to ride in it, we rented one at six flags a few months ago and it rode in it for a total of 5 mins!

Any other problems with bringing your own stroller other than transporting it back and forth to the parks?

I have some stroller questions:

Can you bring strollers folded up on the monorail? Is it a terrible pain or worth it? We are staying a the Poly so I think we will be pretty close.

What about on the buses?

I had bought a new umbrella stoller for the trip that was going to be so easy, but we just tried it out and it is SO hard to push, so I'm thinking of taking my regular Graco stroller... dosen't fold quite as small as an umbrella, but it's not huge either.

I really don't want to rent a stroller, due to cost and I think my son would be more comfortable in our own... and more likely to ride in it, we rented one at six flags a few months ago and it rode in it for a total of 5 mins!

Any other problems with bringing your own stroller other than transporting it back and forth to the parks?

We rolled our stroller right onto the monorail. For the bus, you need to fold it up and carry it on. Use whatever stroller is more suitable/comfortable for you. Unless it's a huge double stroller, you should be fine. Sure, it'll be a bit of a pain here and there, but having your own stroller from bus to room, etc. will be worth it. I never rented the park strollers. We did find some very sturdy umbrella strollers once with extending handles (we're tall, so that was necessary). I forget who made them, but the company makes jogging strollers, etc. so they had larger wheels than most of the cheap umbrella strollers that were out there at the time.

Yup, roll your stroller right onto the monorail! And as the previous poster said too, you need to fold it up for the bus. We took a cheapo umbrella stroller but we saw people folding up full sized strollers on the bus too. I'd love to take my nice umbrella stroller, but we had a stroller "borrowed" at WDW so I'm afraid to bring a stroller along that I would miss were it to go missing. I've seen lots of people suggest doing something to your stroller to make it easily identifiable and/or unappealing (such as tying a balloon to it, putting a design on it with fabric paints, or tying a "fake" dirty diaper to the handle :rotfl: )

We have always taken our own strollers and folded them up for the busses and rolled them onto the monorail or boat. There are tons of people there folding their strollers too for the busses so you wont be the only one. I dont think its a big deal at all. With you staying at the Poly, you will only have to fold it to go to AK and MGM. MK and EPCOT you will just be able to roll it from your room right onto the monorail. Cheap umbrella strollers are just that- cheap and flimsy. I hate them and we invested in a Mac and it is an amazing difference. We have taken strollers to Disney for the past 17 years and have never had one taken- moved once in a while- but never taken.

I brought my Graco Metrolite stroller in Aug. It's not small, but not huge either. As other have mentioned, you can usually wheel it right onto the monorail, but you have to fold it for trams and buses. It was fine lugging it on and off the buses, although I wouldn't have wanted anything bigger. A couple of bus drivers even helped me carry it off the bus, which was a very nice surprise.

Take back the umbrella stroller that is difficult to push. If your Graco isn't want of those huge ones, I just would bring that. And tell your DH that his job is to man the stroller on the bus (he can fold it and carry it on and off the bus)! Otherwise, I would look at a higher quality umbrella, like a Mac Volo. For the price that you spend renting for a week, it would be worth it. I wouldn't take a stroller to WDW that is uncomfortable to push because you will be walking a lot.

Since you have to fold the strollers (you will only be able to use the monorail to MK and Epcot) to get on the bus, it is good to have a good bag. It is just easier to stuff everything into a bag, grab it, fold the stroller, and go. We used a backpack that could easily hang on the handles of our stroller.

BTW, in addition to the monorail, you can roll the stroller onto some of the larger boats.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter