Breakfast at Disneyland when being alone

moorhunhe

Mouseketeer
I have my very first DLR visit coming up next month.
A friend will join me halfway through my visit, but she already told me she's not very interested in the character breakfast.

I am, because there's many characters I have never seen at Disneyland Paris.

How easy is it, to do this when you're alone?
Leaving your stuff at the table whilst going to get food, without employees thinking you left?
Taking pictures with characters? I'm not a selfie-person. Can attendants make pictures for you?

All very good questions...I had a decent time at Be Our Guest in magic Kingdom but I made sure I left some personal item at the table whenever I left.

I am interested in people's experiences also.

The ones I had in mind for breakfast were Storytellers Cafe & PCH Grill.

I'll have a backpack with me that I can leave at my seat, my camera bag/wallet obviously will take with me whenever going for food.

@Disney_Alli did a solo trip for her birthday and has done solo meals at wdw too. Other tables (they're pretty close together) servers and character attendants can help take pictures. It's really easy and a fun way to find alone

I have eaten at every character breakfast at the Disneyland resort. My favorite for characters is the Plaza Inn. The servers and other guests are great about taking a pic for you. You'll have a great time enjoy.

The ones I had in mind for breakfast were Storytellers Cafe & PCH Grill.

I'll have a backpack with me that I can leave at my seat, my camera bag/wallet obviously will take with me whenever going for food.

I've done both of those solo, they're easy and the food and interactions at both are great. I'm sure you'll have a blast! If there isn't anyone immediately around when you want to take a picture I always ask the character "do you know someone who will take a picture of us?" or something along those lines. They'll either go to where they know the character handler is or they'll approach another table... who's going to turn down Stitch when he asks you to take a picture of him? Go an enjoy!!!

Thanks for your replies ^^

I would hate to bother people at a table next to me, so I'll remember to just ask the character if they know someone :)

How about leaving your things at the table when you're going to get food?
Won't CM's think you're done and gone maybe ayways?

Thanks for your replies ^^

I would hate to bother people at a table next to me, so I'll remember to just ask the character if they know someone :)

How about leaving your things at the table when you're going to get food?
Won't CM's think you're done and gone maybe ayways?

I've always just left my purse at the table and never had an issue - I even ended up getting a picture of Daisy Duck posing with my purse once because she spent so long admiring my Pop Princess Dooney. Most people at nearby tables have offered to take my photo before I ever asked them - please don't be worried about it! Even when my husband and I go together if we both want to be in a picture we'll ask or again other tables have just offered to take it right away. That's the great thing about Disney is that so many people are there for fun and want to help you have fun too! Your server also will often tend to stay nearby when they know the characters are nearby to help out and take pictures. In my experience the servers really doted on me when I was solo and wanted to help out any way they could.

So, I'm back from my DLR visit, and I have to say, the character breakfast was one of my worst experiences in any Disney park yet.
I booked the Storytellers café breakfast, and they gave me a table of 4. Which made people look extra towards me. Apparently looking at someone who is on their own is more entertaining than looking at your own plate of food in front of you, or when characters come to your table.

When the first round of characters came, they just waved at me and left before I could even say something, like asking for a picture.
Maybe they were too new to know what to do?

The second round of characters were luckily enough nicer, and they did stay for a bit every time they came over to my table, but using the tip of asking if they might know someone who can take a picture didn't work. And asking another table, they just looked at me like I was some sad kind of creature.

But thanks to the oh so lovely waiter! He made a real effort to stay close to my table each time a character came, and helped me out with taking pictures.

The breakfast itself though was extremely yummy and would definatly go again, if I ever decide to go back to DLR *but* only when someone else can join me, hehe.

So, I'm back from my DLR visit, and I have to say, the character breakfast was one of my worst experiences in any Disney park yet.
I booked the Storytellers café breakfast, and they gave me a table of 4. Which made people look extra towards me. Apparently looking at someone who is on their own is more entertaining than looking at your own plate of food in front of you, or when characters come to your table.

When the first round of characters came, they just waved at me and left before I could even say something, like asking for a picture.
Maybe they were too new to know what to do?

The second round of characters were luckily enough nicer, and they did stay for a bit every time they came over to my table, but using the tip of asking if they might know someone who can take a picture didn't work. And asking another table, they just looked at me like I was some sad kind of creature.

But thanks to the oh so lovely waiter! He made a real effort to stay close to my table each time a character came, and helped me out with taking pictures.

The breakfast itself though was extremely yummy and would definatly go again, if I ever decide to go back to DLR *but* only when someone else can join me, hehe.

I'm so sorry! Our last breakfast at Critter Cafe included some characters who walked passed our table of two (hubby and I) with just a wave. We waited for them to come around again and then jumped up for pictures. I'm sorry you felt people were staring at you! On my solo trip to DL I had a CM at a dessert party be very taken aback by the idea I was there solo. It put me off for a bit but then I brushed it off. On my trip to WDW I had a weird back and forth with a CM checking people in for the Cinderella lunch in the castle. I walked up to check in she told me she couldn't check me in until my whole party was there. I told her my whole party WAS there. She told me she needed to see them. I told her I WAS my whole party - I was a party of one. She checked her list and realized I was right and we moved on. Please try again if you're ever solo, don't let a little awkwardness put you off.

I used to be very shy when having to eat someplace on my own, but the past few years I've come to put that behind me.
I usually don't care about the stares, and I try not to pay attention to it. Maybe if they had given me a smaller table, it wasn't so noticeable.
Guess it was just a combo of all the things, the other people, the characters not being so "friendly" even though they were playing and fooling around at the tables around me with more people at them!

I've heard though, when you're on your own in WDW, it is ever harder to get a table for 1, that sometimes you have to book for 2 anyways.

I am sorry your experience at Storyteller's was less than stellar. That's our favorite character breakfast. :(

I was on the fence about doing a solo character breakfast the morning DH goes to ESPN to watch football, but maybe I'll just stick with a quick breakfast and single rider lines.

For the food, I would definatly recommend it, and maybe it was just "one of those days" and I picked out the wrong morning to have breakfast on my own, lol.
If people would just look at their own plates, instead of staring at other other guests, that would help a lot I think ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter