Breakfast at CRT

mommy2jack

Mouseketeer
Hello all!

We have decided to book a breakfast ADR at CRT at 8:15am on Memorial Day. What time should we be at MK? The park is not set to open that day until 9. Will we be able to stop for pictures on our way up main street? Also if the ADR is at 8:15, around what time will we be done with breakfast? Don't care about rope drop, but it would be awesome if we are able to beat some of the crowd into Fantasyland that morning! :rotfl2:

Also I've heard mixed things about the food there (not really the reason we're going anyways!). But my DH's eyes lit up when I mentioned filet. Has anyone had it there and how is it? Can it be ordered 'plain', without the onion frittata? DH is a little picky! Also can we get egg beater eggs? I'm not a fan of yoke so I only like scrabbled eggs made from egg beaters or with out the yokes.

Thanks!!

You will be able to get pictures in a near empty main street but you will most likely not finish your meal until the after the park has opened.

I've had 8:15 ADRs at CRT on my last two visits (both last year). In each case, the park opened at 9.

Here's what I learned:

They'll typically let anyone with an ADR sooner than about 8:30 enter the park as soon as they start letting the character breakfast line in (usually around 7:45).

Assuming you arrive by that time, you should have some time to take pictures on Main Street and in front of the castle.

If you want to hit the rides on or after park opening, try to get to the podium at least a couple of minutes before 8. On our second visit, we did this and were one of the first 3 or 4 parties let in (the first ADRs are for 8:05 and we were let in at around 8:07 even though our ADR wasn't until 8:15). When arriving at a restaurant at opening (CRT or otherwise), I have repeatedly found that the time you arrive at the podium is much more important than your ADR time.

The princesses go around the room in the same order as parties are seated. So if you are one of the first parties seated, you'll be among the first visited by the princesses. It takes, on average, about 25-30 minutes from the time the first princess arrives at your table until the last one leaves. To give you an idea, on our second visit, we were seated at around 8:10 (after the picture downstairs with Cinderella), had a first princess visit around 8:15 and the last princess leave around 8:45.

The wait staff here is very motivated to get you in and out, so they're quick to take the orders and quick to bring the food. On both visits, the fruit, pastries, and drinks came within minutes of being seated and our entrees came about 10 minutes after ordering (roughly about halfway through the time the princesses were coming around). On both visits, we were totally done eating and through with the checks by about 5 minutes to 9 (so, yes, it is possible to be done by 9 with an 8:15 ADR, the key is getting to the podium before 8).

I had the standard eggs, bacon and sausage on our first visit and the steak and eggs on the second. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with the steak and eggs (didn't like it all that much better than the standard eggs, bacon, and sausage). But keep in mind that we were doing deluxe dining and, as such, I ate filet many evenings in real signature restaurants. The steak I was served at CRT didn't begin to compare (and I'm sure they'd be willing to serve it to you without the onion fritatta). As everone says, CRT is about the experience and the princesses and not about the food.

you can go in park early you just need your reservation # to get in. THey have photopass ppl to take your pic on Main st when it is empty! We did this & it was amazing got great pics

I've had 8:15 ADRs at CRT on my last two visits (both last year). In each case, the park opened at 9.

Here's what I learned:

They'll typically let anyone with an ADR sooner than about 8:30 enter the park as soon as they start letting the character breakfast line in (usually around 7:45).

Assuming you arrive by that time, you should have some time to take pictures on Main Street and in front of the castle.

If you want to hit the rides on or after park opening, try to get to the podium at least a couple of minutes before 8. On our second visit, we did this and were one of the first 3 or 4 parties let in (the first ADRs are for 8:05 and we were let in at around 8:07 even though our ADR wasn't until 8:15). When arriving at a restaurant at opening (CRT or otherwise), I have repeatedly found that the time you arrive at the podium is much more important than your ADR time.

The princesses go around the room in the same order as parties are seated. So if you are one of the first parties seated, you'll be among the first visited by the princesses. It takes, on average, about 25-30 minutes from the time the first princess arrives at your table until the last one leaves. To give you an idea, on our second visit, we were seated at around 8:10 (after the picture downstairs with Cinderella), had a first princess visit around 8:15 and the last princess leave around 8:45.

The wait staff here is very motivated to get you in and out, so they're quick to take the orders and quick to bring the food. On both visits, the fruit, pastries, and drinks came within minutes of being seated and our entrees came about 10 minutes after ordering (roughly about halfway through the time the princesses were coming around). On both visits, we were totally done eating and through with the checks by about 5 minutes to 9 (so, yes, it is possible to be done by 9 with an 8:15 ADR, the key is getting to the podium before 8).

I had the standard eggs, bacon and sausage on our first visit and the steak and eggs on the second. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with the steak and eggs (didn't like it all that much better than the standard eggs, bacon, and sausage). But keep in mind that we were doing deluxe dining and, as such, I ate filet many evenings in real signature restaurants. The steak I was served at CRT didn't begin to compare (and I'm sure they'd be willing to serve it to you without the onion fritatta). As everone says, CRT is about the experience and the princesses and not about the food.

This about sums it up

The only thing i can add is sometimes you get a little surprise like i did in December. Me DW and DD walked in the park at about 8 and got a surprise ride up main street in one of the old cars. It was really cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter