• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Break from Magic Kingdom for dinner

We are now deciding on either Whispering Canyon or Boma. I can only get reservations later so we will most likely not go back to the park. We have two boys, 6 and 11, so is one better than the other for them? :goodvibes

I have never eaten at WC, but it is more convenient and closer to get to than AKL, which is located on the other end of the WDW property. That said, if you have a car, I would recommend Boma.You can view the animals out on the savannah, there is African drumming in the entrance to the restaurant, storytelling by the fire...and the gift shop is amazing.

We ate at Boma this past October. DH and I thought it was good for a buffet. DS8 was not an adventurous eater at first, so our waitress brought him a plate of chicken nuggets and fries. He finally started sampling our food and enjoyed several dishes. We have done Whispering Canyon twice and we have all enjoyed it. It is certainly not gourmet food, but they had some antics my son thought were hilarious. Whispering Canyon is the easiest to get to from MK.

given cali grill is closed and you are already dining at citric.....you could do Narcosses, but why more seafod at the GF...you coukld try Artist Pointe over at WL for a great meal, and the Hoppti do, while not my cup of tea is popular at fort wilderness (and i guess the luau at the poly)....hidden gem here is the grand Floridian Cafe. Never had a bad meal- nice setting and a varied menu for the whole family. Not "signature" dining, but very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter