Bread Bowls

Out of the bowl for me next time. Great tip. I hate trying to break the bread off while the soup is in it. It is really messy. This will work great. Love the idea about asking for some butter too. Can't wait to try it.

maybe it's a regional thing but for me the best part is attacking the soggy bread bowl;)

Q is the gumbo @ BB served in a bread bowl?

Just so you know, the gumbo at Royal Verandah and Harbor Galley is different than the gumbo at BB or CO. The gumbo at BB/CO is chicken gumbo with andouille sausage, but the gumbo at Royal Verandah is a steak gumbo or vegetarian gumbo. Harbor Galley only has steak gumbo I believe.

The gumbo at BB/CO is very thick and is served over dirty rice. The gumbo at Royal Verandah/Harbor Galley is much thinner and more like a soup.

DH prefers the gumbo at BB/CO over the gumbo at Royal Verandah, but will sacrifice for me since I am partial to the clam chowder at Royal Verandah/Harbor Galley/Pacific Wharf.

HTH! :goodvibes

Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to know. :) I did think they were different types of Gumbo but wanted to ask. :)

You can buy them inside the Pacific Wharf Cafe as well.

They used to sell them at the fruit stand near P.T. Flea's, but since both those places have been displaced for Carsland I guess that's no longer relevant. Sometimes the bread cart that you're referring to would be out near the DCA exit gates late in the day, but I hadn't noticing them doing that for a while and I doubt they are with all the construction and re-routing. But these might be the reasons you feel like you've seen the Mickey head bread elsewhere.

The bread cart I was referring wasn't just bread and it didn't move. It isn't there now that I can recall but I wasn't looking for it last trip so that might be why I don't remember seeing it. I saw it in a store, probably inside the cafe when DD would buy a turkey sandwich from there. :) She usually gets a turkey sandwich while DBF and I get something from Luckey Fortune, the other DD gets something from somewhere else because she's weird. lol

maybe it's a regional thing but for me the best part is attacking the soggy bread bowl;)

Q is the gumbo @ BB served in a bread bowl?

No, it's not but it's very good. It's pretty much the only Gumbo I like to eat. I suggest you try it if you like Gumbo, but I'm not an expert at all. Like I said, this is really the only Gumbo I'll eat so who knows what my opinion is. lol :) I like the Tesoro Island Chicken a lot, it's very good and I am not a fan of chicken with skin or bones. I didn't like the ribs, I won't get those again but the chicken is good.

You can buy them inside the Pacific Wharf Cafe as well.

They used to sell them at the fruit stand near P.T. Flea's, but since both those places have been displaced for Carsland I guess that's no longer relevant. Sometimes the bread cart that you're referring to would be out near the DCA exit gates late in the day, but I hadn't noticing them doing that for a while and I doubt they are with all the construction and re-routing. But these might be the reasons you feel like you've seen the Mickey head bread elsewhere.

I am getting hungry for bread after reading these posts! Can't wait until July. Thanks for your help.

The bread cart I was referring wasn't just bread and it didn't move. It isn't there now that I can recall but I wasn't looking for it last trip so that might be why I don't remember seeing it.

My guess is that was the fruit stand I was referring to. It was stationary and located near P.T. Flea's which also isn't there anymore. There was a cash register there. They would take credit cards but not give the AP discount. You could get various types of fruit, cold drinks, bread, and a couple of snack items. This fruit stand disappeared to make way for Carsland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter