Brazilian Tour Groups?

Gee - but video's of hordes of teenagers pushing old people / being disrespectful of the national anthem / incessant clapping and chanting on the 6:00 news or on frontline ...... or even on you tube. How about one of those media investigative shows ? or any old tabloid show ?

I think Disney would hate to see negative stuff like that .

Do you remember the commercial

**** Disney Tickets $$$$$$
**** Airfare $$$$$$$$
**** Resort $$$$$$$$$$$

Getting trampled at Epcot - PRICELESS...
Kids learning the facts of life at the pool .... Priceless

I also think Disney is incurring some legal liability here - especially with charging crowds - it would be easy to spark a panic ( ala fire in a crowded movie house ) does it take someone being killed by being trampled ?

Doesn't sound too family friendly to me.

Gawd forbid we hurt the Brazilian Tour Operators self-esteem by suggesting that their groups blend in more.

People are allowed to discuss what they witness and suggest ways to improve the situation.

I respectfully disagree.

There were a bunch of them staying at All Star Movies last July. That's my favorite resort. We're staying at Port Orleans this July. I assure you, it's not because we wanted to spend the extra money.

I'm not going to feel bad about it. It's not racist or predjudice. It's the truth. The tour groups last year were absolutely obnoxious, rude, and uncourteuos. They run in front of you, cut in line, chant at the top of their lungs through the parks like they're at the finals of the World Cup.

The only time we could go this summer is in July and my wife and I have already decided, we're not staying for Wishes or Spectromagic. We'll watch the fireworks from outside the park. We literally felt as though we were in danger of being injured last year at the Magic Kingdom at night.

On the other hand, we were speaking to a manager at All Stars following a fight that broke out between a father and 5 Brazillian tour group members who were drinking and playing soccer in the hallway at about 2:00AM, and he said that Disney received so many complaints this year that in the future stricter rules are going to be enforced before they arrive that they "must adhere to".

Yes, yes, yes!!!!
We were at ASMo during the World Cup 2006 as well (June 29-July 8th). The Brazil groups were awful. I vividly remember the day Brazil lost to France in the WC game. DH was never so damn happy about a World Cup game in all his life (I don't think DH has ever paid attention to World Cup stuff).

They were all gathered around the TV in the Food Court watching the game. It was towards the end when we were walking through and DH stopped to check the tail end of the game out. Well...DH starts going around chanting GO FRANCE!!!! WOO HOO FRANCE!!!! Other like-minded folks could not resist joining in. It was sweet.:rotfl:

I can't believe this question!!
They are just having a good time !! that's what WDW is all about ... you would have the same issue with Cheerleaders, SportsTeams, Grads ... a bunch of school children.
I'm not brazilian but I would be quite offended if i read this post ... I wonder what you say about us Canadians??:rolleyes1

Haha obviously you've never been to WDW while these groups were at their prime. They have gotten much, much, much better over the past few years.
PS. Why do people on these boards get so offended so easily? I think some people need to calm a little.

But to the OP I would say yea...they still are a bit of a problem. But do what we do and try to ignore it and have the best time of your life.

My personal opinion is that Disney needs to get a better handle on out-of-control groups (of all nationalities) including cheerleaders, ball teams, school groups, etc. If they simply start cracking-down by giving one warning (to the persons involved and the group leader), then kicking them off property, the word will get out and hopefully stop (or at least not be as bad)...it will make for a more enjoyable vacation for everyone. It sounds as though someone is going to get seriously hurt (or even killed) if things are not brought under control soon. WDW should be a safe place to take your children...as parents, how can we comfortably do so (especially little ones) if we are afraid of them being trampled by such rude people...adult, adolecent, or otherwise???

:thumbsup2 I agree 100% I would be mortified if the students from our high school acted that way when they went to Disney! It is the job of the chaperone to group in check. Maybe Disney should provide "chaperones" as part of the "package deal.":confused3 Disney needs to take control of things happening on their property. Good luck to all of you who are going during this time. I hope that you have a magical visit.pixiedust: pixiedust:

I don't - I'm sorry. It was a few months ago. You may be able to do a search under Brazilian tour groups and find it though.

I tried that for about a week before I started this thread. ;) The search feature isn't working for me....I keep getting an "internal error" message.

Don't worry about it..I was just curious. Thanks anyway! :goodvibes

So then if WE stop visiting at the time the unruly groups are there and we let Disney know why we will not visit at that time, do you think Disney will get the idea??

Absolutely. Disney doesn't seem to have the necessary motivation to tackle issues like this when attendance seems to be bursting at the seams. IMO it's going to take an unfortunate, splashy incident w/ juicy media coverage to stop this out-of-control, mob-mentality nonsense -- something on the order of a riot, trampling death(s)/severe injuries or 2 am resort clash w/ someone shot, stabbed, kicked to death or the like. Doesn't matter who it is or where they're from, the pot is definitely on a boil.

I pray I'm wrong, but that's JMO of how this will eventually play out. Sure would be nice if those of us who don't appreciate that kind of atmosphere make sure Disney gets a swift message in their bottom line before tragedy strikes, but I just don't think that's realistic.

I really don't care when other visitors are speaking other languages or where they're from -- although I do hope they're having fun & can maybe speak enough English to maybe chat a bit if we're in line or on a bus. I've spoken to lots of people from all over the US, Canada & Britain when we've been there & I've learned neat things about lots of places I've never visited & maybe never will & that's been some of the most enjoyable experiences of our trips. We're looking forward to letting DD13 loose in the China pavilion on our next visit w/ some of the Mandarin she's been studying. How cool would it be if some folks who are visitors happen to be there for her to talk with! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter