Brand New to Universal - Quick Questions...

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
First trip....
I use a scooter around the hotels and parks due to knee injury.
Traveling with my active 20 yr old who can walk miles for days.

We want to stay onsite for 3 nights.
Are any of the resorts walkable to parks? How far is the walk?
I assume the shuttle buses work like WDW - and they prob take a scooter, but I hate taking the scooter on buses if I can avoid it (I always feel bad for the people waiting).

Or is there an off site that is very walkable? I looked on google maps, but I just don't know the area so thought I would ask for some quick advice - I'm on borrowed time for research right now :)
I'm working 12-15 hour days right now -my busy time of year and just no internet research time!

Thanks everyone!

Welcome:)) we have stayed at Hard Rock and Royal Pacific. Both are VERY close to the parks and Citiwalk. We were at Royal Pacific last month and it was approx a 6 minute walk to IOA and Citiwalk. Maybe 9 total to get to US. Very pretty walkway alongside the waterway where the boats run.

Nothing is walkable, Universal Hotel will acomodate your scooter with no problem either on their buses or boat,unlike disney their hotels are very close but only the boat ride give you and advance, and drop you the closest to the park entrance and not all universal hotels offer the boat transportation, buses will drop you far from the actual park entrance, there is a moderate walk just to get to the turnstiles, pretty sure the closest hotel it is the Hard Rock stay there if you decide not to use your scooter

Thanks - I didn't know they had boat transportation too.

Boat transport is WAY better than their shuttles. Shuttles drop off at the parking structure, and then you have to walk/scooter from there into citywalk, through citywalk, to the park. You're better off staying at a resort with boat access (any resort onsite but Cabana Bay).

Hard Rock is the closest to the parks. I personally would stay there, Royal Pacific, or Portofino Bay.

All of the hotels are walkable. If your son loves to walk and you don't mind driving in the scooter, you can walk them all.

Hard Rock, Portofino Bay, Sapphire Bay and Royal Pacific have a lovely ferry service and Cabana Bay has a bus service (but you can scoot over to Sapphire Bay and take the boat).

The closest hotels are Hard Rock (which is on one side of the resort) and Royal Pacific (which is on the other). You can't go wrong with either.

Staying at either of those two will also give you early admission and unlimited express access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter