BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have read, this is standard because the forms are generic and they need this box for the values because they don't get a refrigerator and need to check it if they want it and to pay fo rit. You'll have your fridge at CSR...no worries! :)

Thanks! I was worried a bit there for a minute being charged for a fridge that's supposed to be there. :thumbsup2

I just got back from Disney & Florida (we spent 5 days at Disney, then 4 days with my husband's parents down in Sarasota). We stayed at CSR, which I LOVED. When we checked in, we were given a room in Casitas 3, which wasn't renovated, but we were hungry and wanted to get to the parks, and our luggage hadn't arrived, so we decided to let it go until later.

First off, the Pepper Market--great food, VASTLY OVERPRICED (we weren't on the dining plan) and the place is a little dim and creepy with lurky, sullen staff. I can't even fathom why 16 dollars for rice & spicy pork is acceptable, but as I said, we were hungry.

We took the bus to the magic kingdom (as an aside: the busses were great, we almost always got a seat and never waited more than 10 minutes at any time, coming from or going to any park) and since it had been chilly and rainy in NY when we left in the morning, I was wearing black jeans. MISTAKE. In any event, we went back to the hotel and asked for a renovated room, which we got (but we had to pay something like $25 more a day, which was fine)- Casitas 5. We hauled our stuff there, the new room was clean and plenty big enough, with a king sized bed (note: that's the reason we changed rooms, I wasn't into a room with two beds for two people).

So, in sum--we were near the quiet pool, which WAS quiet, and right near Bus stop 2 (which was convienient because we were almost always the first people on the bus and got seats!)We never made it over to the dig site because by the time we were home from the parks, our feet were aching and I was hot and sweaty. The grounds are beautiful, the room was immaculate, and the Maya Grill (unlike the Pepper Market, which I'm still pissed off about) was phenomenal. Great drinks, great food, great service, not outrageously expensive.

I have photos up of the trip on my flickr site, but you'll have to wade through (or skip, your choice!) photos of the time we spent in Sarasota/Casey Key:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danaful/sets/72157619320728283/

We had a BLAST, the weather was perfect (IT NEVER RAINED.) and I can't wait to go back!!!

I just got back from Disney & Florida (we spent 5 days at Disney, then 4 days with my husband's parents down in Sarasota). We stayed at CSR, which I LOVED. When we checked in, we were given a room in Casitas 3, which wasn't renovated, but we were hungry and wanted to get to the parks, and our luggage hadn't arrived, so we decided to let it go until later.

First off, the Pepper Market--great food, VASTLY OVERPRICED (we weren't on the dining plan) and the place is a little dim and creepy with lurky, sullen staff. I can't even fathom why 16 dollars for rice & spicy pork is acceptable, but as I said, we were hungry.

We took the bus to the magic kingdom (as an aside: the busses were great, we almost always got a seat and never waited more than 10 minutes at any time, coming from or going to any park) and since it had been chilly and rainy in NY when we left in the morning, I was wearing black jeans. MISTAKE. In any event, we went back to the hotel and asked for a renovated room, which we got (but we had to pay something like $25 more a day, which was fine)- Casitas 5. We hauled our stuff there, the new room was clean and plenty big enough, with a king sized bed (note: that's the reason we changed rooms, I wasn't into a room with two beds for two people).

So, in sum--we were near the quiet pool, which WAS quiet, and right near Bus stop 2 (which was convienient because we were almost always the first people on the bus and got seats!)We never made it over to the dig site because by the time we were home from the parks, our feet were aching and I was hot and sweaty. The grounds are beautiful, the room was immaculate, and the Maya Grill (unlike the Pepper Market, which I'm still pissed off about) was phenomenal. Great drinks, great food, great service, not outrageously expensive.

I have photos up of the trip on my flickr site, but you'll have to wade through (or skip, your choice!) photos of the time we spent in Sarasota/Casey Key:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danaful/sets/72157619320728283/

We had a BLAST, the weather was perfect (IT NEVER RAINED.) and I can't wait to go back!!!

Thanks for the report. Glad you were able to switch rooms (and the reason you paid $25 more is because you got a "king" room--those cost more than a standard room with two queen beds). Yes, the PM is very pricey if not on the dining plan.

But I'm glad everything else worked out for you. I'm off to look at your pictures now.

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw on this thread the way to override the motion sensor A/C.
Can anyone help?

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw on this thread the way to override the motion sensor A/C.
Can anyone help?

Here you go:

On the thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly, you will see the letters "bp" where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. You might have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to sensor mode after 24 hours.

Leaving in 4 days... I can hardly stand it! :banana: :banana: :banana:

This will be my 5th stay at CSR and DH's 1st! I can't wait to show him how fantastic it is. I'm hoping it will be super romantic too, since the trip is to celebrate our anniversary and is also functioning as a babymoon!!! (We won't be back to Disney or going anywhere far until after the baby is born.)

Starryskies - We leave tomorrow morning, so maybe we'll cross paths. We have a few more years under our belts, we're celebrating our 30th on this trip. Have a great time and congratulations!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the report. Glad you were able to switch rooms (and the reason you paid $25 more is because you got a "king" room--those cost more than a standard room with two queen beds).

Just realized we got a free upgrade during our visit last week! We booked a standard room & ended up in a King in Casitas 5! Didn't even dawn on me, I guess that why the CM needed to talk to someone about our room before giving us the keys!:wizard:

Just realized we got a free upgrade during our visit last week! We booked a standard room & ended up in a King in Casitas 5! Didn't even dawn on me, I guess that why the CM needed to talk to someone about our room before giving us the keys!:wizard:

:banana::banana:

Only 5 more sleeps until we are back at CSR!!!! If anyone wants pics of anything please let me know.:banana:

:flower3:

I wish everyone that posts on the CSR thread could go but there aren't enough hammocks or room in the hot tub for all of us. :rotfl:

If I were there, I'd make room! I'd start giving out numbers. :rotfl:

Just keep my hammock warm and have a nice cool drink while doing so. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes
If I were there, I'd make room! I'd start giving out numbers. :rotfl:

Just keep my hammock warm and have a nice cool drink while doing so. :thumbsup2

I will have a drink for you while trying out your hammock. I will make sure it is nice and comfy for your trip next year.:goodvibes

We leave tomorrow :) Bags are packed, house is cleaned, just have to take out trash, scoop the box one more and we're off!!! Look for a giant Lime Green Mickey Head in the window :)

We leave in 4 days! I think there's a few of us on here that are planning on using that hamock!

My two boys (7 and turning 9 while there) still have no idea we are going! They are going to be so excited when we wake them up to leave.

I'm sure I'll be back in the next few days asking a ton of questions. I've got to remember to fax my room request tomorrow!

Jess

We leave in 4 days! I think there's a few of us on here that our planning on using that hamock!

My two boys (7 and turning 9 while there) still have no idea we are going! They are going to be so excited when we wake them up to leave.

I'm sure I'll be back in the next few days asking a ton of questions. I've got to remember to fax my room request tomorrow!

Jess

Ooooh...a surprise trip, yes! I love it. Please let us know how they react, etc. Good thing there is more than one hammock! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter