• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family just spent 9 days at CSR. This is our new favorite resort! I think I enjoyed the pool slide as much as my kids! We were in Cabanas 8b room 8660. We were close to the quiet pool and directly across from the laundry, which came in handy. I enjoyed the warm walks to El Centro and it was only a few steps from the dig site and bus stop #4. My younger daughter came down with a stomach bug and the CSR staff couldn't be more accommodating. We were celebrating our 15th anniversary. We were given extra desserts and one day the bus driver had the whole bus sing "Happy Anniversary" to us. We loved Pepper Market and Rix. I don't have one bad comment about the place and I am quite picky. The updated rooms were beautiful. I liked the actual doors to the sink area instead of curtains. We had plenty of room near the window for our twin aero bed. You could easily fit another bed in front of the TV/dresser if needed. I only saw two or three parties walk by my room all week. It was very quiet. I have stayed at Beach Club and All Star Music Family Suites in the past and both were busy and noisy. We have always gone the week of Easter each visit.

Thanks for all of your advice KatMark and Buzz! I requested 8A or 8b and it turned out fantastic. I am very sad to be back home. We are saving to visit again in a year or two.

Welcome back and thank you for posting. So glad you had a terrific stay at our favorite Disney resort! :cool1::cool1:

I noticed earlier someone asked about Casitas 4 being finished. Is the whole building done or is it just the 4th floor? Thanks

I noticed earlier someone asked about Casitas 4 being finished. Is the whole building done or is it just the 4th floor? Thanks

My understanding is that they did ALL of Casitas 4. They are just now doing some paint touch ups and should be done in a few days or so.

My understanding is that they did ALL of Casitas 4. They are just now doing some paint touch ups and should be done in a few days or so.

Thanks so much for the info. That is the section I think I'm going to request for my trip in Aug. This will be my second trip to CSR and we stayed in that building last time & loved it. I can't seem to make up my mind though between that or the Cabana section. Is the quite pool by casitas the biggest of them (besides main one, of course)? Also wanted to say thanks to all the great info posted about CSR from everyone (especially KatMark & JamesLynn). It's so...... helpful. :)

Is it worth paying for a water view? I'd love to be facing the lake, but have no desire to be near a pool.

It should be finished.

Rainbird is the sprinkler people. They'll have 2 convention over a course of 2 weeks. They are one of our bigger conventions and are amazingly super nice. Infact, most of the people who attend bring their families with them.

Thanks Jamie. We are so lucky to have you on these boards !
5 days!!!!!!:woohoo::yay::woohoo:

We are getting closer and I cannot wait. We have placed a request with our travel agent, but I will fax one also. Do you think it is to much to request Casitas 4 top floor no parking lot view. Also we would like to request to be near my parents. I wonder if this is possible?

We still do not have our Disney packet yet, they said they mailed it awhile ago and it might be lost in the mail. So they were sending another one asap, that is what I love about Disney. However, I am still getting pretty nervous being that we are this close and still waiting for that packet.

Just came back yesterday and wanted to give my 2 cents.

As many people do, we requested the Cabanas- we stayed in 8A last time and loved it. They were unavailable. We were given a room in Casitas 5. It was not a new room. So the next morning I called to see what was available- Cabanas still was not, but the Ranchos 6B were. It was a new room and directly behind the pool (walking along the lake). We LOVED the room! Every day I remarked to DH how quiet the location was and we only saw 1-2 people walking each time we left the room. The bus stop and parking lot are very close. Just wanted to let all of you that are stressing over the Cabanas know that the Ranchos are lovely too!

Friends visited from Port O and could not believe how close we were to the bus/pool etc. And they were very jealous of the room!

Thanks so much for the info. That is the section I think I'm going to request for my trip in Aug. This will be my second trip to CSR and we stayed in that building last time & loved it. I can't seem to make up my mind though between that or the Cabana section. Is the quite pool by casitas the biggest of them (besides main one, of course)? Also wanted to say thanks to all the great info posted about CSR from everyone (especially KatMark & JamesLynn). It's so...... helpful. :)

You are welcome. I believe the Casitas quiet pool is the biggest of the three...at least it looks that way from the pictures (we've never used the others).

Is it worth paying for a water view? I'd love to be facing the lake, but have no desire to be near a pool.

We have only paid water view once (all other times we were upgraded). Paying for a water view does not guarantee a view of the lake. It could be a view of a quiet pool, a fountain, etc.

We are getting closer and I cannot wait. We have placed a request with our travel agent, but I will fax one also. Do you think it is to much to request Casitas 4 top floor no parking lot view. Also we would like to request to be near my parents. I wonder if this is possible?

We still do not have our Disney packet yet, they said they mailed it awhile ago and it might be lost in the mail. So they were sending another one asap, that is what I love about Disney. However, I am still getting pretty nervous being that we are this close and still waiting for that packet.

I would NOT request too many things. I would go with what you want most. Perhaps, Casitas 4 on the top floor. If you get too picky it tends to seem overbearing.

I would love to be close to a pool- would a pool be a water view?

Yes, a water view could be of the lake, a pool, a fountain. There is no guarantee of "what body of water" you will get though when you pay for water view.

Just came back yesterday and wanted to give my 2 cents.

As many people do, we requested the Cabanas- we stayed in 8A last time and loved it. They were unavailable. We were given a room in Casitas 5. It was not a new room. So the next morning I called to see what was available- Cabanas still was not, but the Ranchos 6B were. It was a new room and directly behind the pool (walking along the lake). We LOVED the room! Every day I remarked to DH how quiet the location was and we only saw 1-2 people walking each time we left the room. The bus stop and parking lot are very close. Just wanted to let all of you that are stressing over the Cabanas know that the Ranchos are lovely too!

Friends visited from Port O and could not believe how close we were to the bus/pool etc. And they were very jealous of the room!

Welcome back. So glad you were able to move the second day to a renovated room. I'm seriously thinking we should ask for Ranchos or Cabanas next trip (after seven stays in the Casitas). So glad you had another great stay at the CSR! :cool1:

:cool1: We have decided to book CSR for our next trip. This is our first time at a moderate and I have a BUS question. We are traveling with DM and she will be recovering from a Knee Replacement (about 5 months after surgery). So if we can have the least amount of walking the better. Do the buses take you around the resort or just to the parks. Any suggestions on which buildings we should request. We will want to access the food and bus service mostly. The pool isn't a huge deal because DD will go with DH and DM and DF won't access the pool much. I like the feel of the ranchos but they are the farthest away. Oh and we will have a car if that helps getting around.

:banana:

Can anyone tell me if the Cabanas section has elevators to the second floor? We're submitting a request, but only want the second floor if they have elevators because of having a stroller we would want to keep in our room.

Thanks!
-Astrid

:cool1: We have decided to book CSR for our next trip. This is our first time at a moderate and I have a BUS question. We are traveling with DM and she will be recovering from a Knee Replacement (about 5 months after surgery). So if we can have the least amount of walking the better. Do the buses take you around the resort or just to the parks. Any suggestions on which buildings we should request. We will want to access the food and bus service mostly. The pool isn't a huge deal because DD will go with DH and DM and DF won't access the pool much. I like the feel of the ranchos but they are the farthest away. Oh and we will have a car if that helps getting around.

:banana:

First, congratulations! So glad that you are giving CSR a try. It is our favorite. We don't use the buses (we rent a car and drive to all of the parks), but let me try to answer your questions.

First, here is a map of the CSR (showing the parking behind each building):

ParkinglotviewofCSR.jpg

As you'll see, there is sufficient parking behind every building.

The Bus Stops pick up and drop off in this order before heading off to the parks: Bus Stop 2, 3, 4 and then 1 (Bus Stop 2 is by the Casitas and ending up at Bus Stop 1 which is at El Centro).

We have always stayed in the Casitas section. We've been in every building but Casitas 1. We prefer Casitas 4 and 5 because they are closest to the quiet pool, fitness center and spa (also a short walk to the bus stop). It takes me about five minutes to walk to El Centro from there (this is where registration, all three restaurants, the lounge, gift shop are located). It takes about eight minutes to walk to the main pool from there. This past September, we were upgraded to a suite (it was our 25th wedding anniversary) and we were in Casitas 3. It literally took me less than two minutes to walk to the main building; but it was a much longer walk to the main pool (I'm guessing about 15 minutes).

You indicated you had a car. Let's say you do want the Ranchos. You can drive from your parking spot to the front of the building (where you register) and park there while you go eat, shop, etc. Or you can go to the bus stop and take the bus around to the El Centro stop. They no longer have the internal bus system.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to help.

I just had to stop by my favorite thread and do a little happy :dance3:dance:cool1: we just paid off our upcoming trip to CSR!! I want to thank KatMark:hug: for recommending CSR and all of her wonderful advise! Thanks for all that you do and answering all of our questions!

Thanks Again for your help KatMark.

You are so welcome! :hug:

Can anyone tell me if the Cabanas section has elevators to the second floor? We're submitting a request, but only want the second floor if they have elevators because of having a stroller we would want to keep in our room.

Thanks!
-Astrid

Astrid, we have never stayed in the Cabanas, but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that there are elevators in the Cabanas. Hopefully, someone who has stayed in Cabanas will be here soon to confirm.

I just had to stop by my favorite thread and do a little happy :dance3:dance:cool1: we just paid off our upcoming trip to CSR!! I want to thank KatMark:hug: for recommending CSR and all of her wonderful advise! Thanks for all that you do and answering all of our questions!

Time for the happy dance, YES! :banana::banana::banana:

How cool for you...and exciting. I'm so gladyou are giving CSR a try. As I've told others, if you love it half as much as we do, we will be thrilled! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter