BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've got a King room reserved for June. Should all the rooms be refurbished by then??

And the CM told me that King rooms are essentially in 'preferred' locations and that reserving a King room is similar to a preferred room at other resorts. Is this true? I'm not sure I'm buying it (reserved the King for the King, so it's not a big deal - just curious if he was right).

Our kings are all over the place at Coronado. With us, you book a view or king bed or suite, not a location.

Ranchos 6a is closed and is almost complete. The room have been painted and they were moving furniture in today. Not sure why they skip around but another building is almost done.

I think that they are trying to get the certain areas done before they move onto to the next.
We were talking last night and think that the only reason that they did the 4th floors of 1,2, and 3 was so that they could get all of the beds on the 4th floor of 2 converted over to king beds.

Plus if you get the further buildings done first that you can get more people to move to them. Most likely the reason why we started our queen bed conversion in the Ranchos.

Another question that I cannot find the answer to...

I have a LARGE 4 year old - he's just tall and big, not chunky, but at 55 lbs, he needs a YOUTH size life jacket. Do we need to bring one with us, or do they have jackets on hand to use?

Another question - I was stressed that my pack-n-play was a REQUEST. We really need one with a barely 2 year old and a wild sleeping 4/5 year old. Everyone that has stayed at other resorts said it was never a problem to get one. I'd rather not have to bring it, but I will if necessary. Has anyone used theirs there and had a problem... or ideally not?

Thanks in advance you guys!

Another question that I cannot find the answer to...

I have a LARGE 4 year old - he's just tall and big, not chunky, but at 55 lbs, he needs a YOUTH size life jacket. Do we need to bring one with us, or do they have jackets on hand to use?

Another question - I was stressed that my pack-n-play was a REQUEST. We really need one with a barely 2 year old and a wild sleeping 4/5 year old. Everyone that has stayed at other resorts said it was never a problem to get one. I'd rather not have to bring it, but I will if necessary. Has anyone used theirs there and had a problem... or ideally not?

Thanks in advance you guys!
They have jackets to use and pack n plays to request. Just call housekeeping.

Do all the rooms in cabana have the wide screen tv's? Also I noticed in one of Buzz pictures that there seems to be a lot more toiletries offered. I stayed here in Dec. & we were in Ranchos. We had the queen beds(which were wonderful) & the h20 products we received were shampoo, conditioner, & lotion.

Dh & I are hoping to take a quick trip in a couple of weeks & we are debating on POR or CSR. I have stayed at both, dh neither. I like both resorts for different reasons. I slowly keep leaning towards CSR(of course this depends on if it is still available).

One more thing, do you have do dress up to go to the Rix lounge?

Do all the rooms in cabana have the wide screen tv's? Also I noticed in one of Buzz pictures that there seems to be a lot more toiletries offered. I stayed here in Dec. & we were in Ranchos. We had the queen beds(which were wonderful) & the h20 products we received were shampoo, conditioner, & lotion.

Dh & I are hoping to take a quick trip in a couple of weeks & we are debating on POR or CSR. I have stayed at both, dh neither. I like both resorts for different reasons. I slowly keep leaning towards CSR(of course this depends on if it is still available).

One more thing, do you have do dress up to go to the Rix lounge?
Yes! 9b had a toothbrush, shower gel and sun burn lotion. Not sure if all the buildings will get the extra stuff or just 9b.

Thank you Buzz! Just curious, are all the rooms in the different sections getting the flat screens? I really did not mind the Ranchos section, but having a flat screen would make it a little sweeter :thumbsup2

All the rooms will have the flat screens once the rehab is completed (October 09).

I just had to add that we just returned from CSR from Feb 11-18th and LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!!! We were in the Cabanas 8B in a new room. The beds were really comfy and the new furniture was beautiful! We were super close to bus stop 4. and just a short little walk to the Dig Site. I have to say that pool area is worth it alone! It is really a getaway resort and i wish we spent more time there but we were busy at the parks every day!!!!

Just wanted to thank Kathy and Buzz for all the great tips about this resort and my DD10 and DD6 said they definitely want to stay there the next time we go!!!!

oh, by the way, I did find the prices in the PM and Rix to be a little more expensive than anticipated. They had great food selections though and it was nice for my DH and I not to be subjected to hotdogs and chicken nuggets all week!!!!!

What toiletries did you receive in your room?

We had the H2O shampoo, conditioner and lotion and face and body soaps. No other ones. Not sure if others were available is we asked, we never did. I have to say that everyday they put a new shampoo and conditioner and soaps even if there were still full ones!!!

Oh, and the shower pressure was great, best I've had at a hotel maybe ever!

ahh, I wish I was back there at Siestas having a banana daquiri now.....:cloud9:

can you use the quick service dining plan for everything at the pepper market??? good job BUZZ

Buzz,

Glad you had a good trip!

Can I ask a question about the Pepper Market - did you notice have they taken the choice of sauces away from the pastas? I noticed on the menu it only had one sauce listed now?

Also have they stopped the baked potato at dinner?

Thanks

Are there any vegetarian options at the PM? We'll be there in April with my MIL who is nearly veg (meaning she only eats chicken occasionally).

Hi buzz

Glad you had a great time!!
Do the rooms seem cramped with the bigger beds?

Byrd328
Not at all. But the new beds are terrific! They are Sealy Posturepedic pillowtop mattresses. There was a catalog in the rooms from the Disney Resort Collection and you can purchase all room items.

Thanks for the pics Buzz! That burger doesn't look half bad:) I'm sorry to hear about the MIA wet burrito, it was my favorite.
It comes with the lettuce, tomato and onion but my DW does like that stuff. It also comes with a pickle.

Thanks for sharing the info and pics! Are the white comforters/duvets down or other artificial fiber? I can't stand down comforters because I suffocate! If they are down, do you happen to know if they had a non-down alternative that you could request?
I believe they were just a regular comforter with the white duvet cover.

I really like the new color scheme. When we stayed there last year, the friend that went with us said that she thought she was staying in Pinocchio's house. Is the whole resort done now?
No, not yet. They are just wrapping up work on rancho 6a. There are three more rancho buildings to go. All the cabanas are complete. They they will need to focus on the casitas which only has the 4th floor of casita 1, 2 and 3 done.

Buzz,

Glad you had a good trip!

Can I ask a question about the Pepper Market - did you notice have they taken the choice of sauces away from the pastas? I noticed on the menu it only had one sauce listed now?

Also have they stopped the baked potato at dinner?

Thanks
Yes, the baked potato is available at dinner along with mashed or french fries. I believe all the sauces are gone too. I only saw two samples at dinner time and they used to have quite a few.

2l9lfsm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter