BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I'm new to this thread, but even new to CSR, as I have never stayed here before. It will be me and DD11 for a stay in 41 days. I just have a couple questions; how high are these resorts? We like to be on the highest level. And what building is closest the "main hall", because DD is a Type I Diabetic, I like to be able to have quick access to where I can get her juice or some carbs in an emergency. Any info will be helpful. :upsidedow

Hi all. I'm new to this thread, but even new to CSR, as I have never stayed here before. It will be me and DD11 for a stay in 41 days. I just have a couple questions; how high are these resorts? We like to be on the highest level. And what building is closest the "main hall", because DD is a Type I Diabetic, I like to be able to have quick access to where I can get her juice or some carbs in an emergency. Any info will be helpful. :upsidedow

Some of the Casitas have four floors. Casitas 1 is closest to the main building--it is less than a minute walk.

I have a copy of the 2009 Disney Dining plan from my TA and CSR is not listed ? I am booked for June and this will stink if we cannot use the DDP at our resort? I am asking if this is normal or have I missed something and booked the wrong resort?

Hey guys! We just returned on Sunday from a WONDERFUL stay at CSR. I had posted on the old thread that I was semi-hesitant about CSR and that I wasn't into the theming. But after this trip I can honestly say that this has become my favorite mod.
We were lucky to stay in a renovated room, and all I can say is WOW! Those rooms are so pretty! I loved the dark wood and the white sheets, it was very nice having a queen sized bed as well. The pool area is great and my kids really enjoyed the slide. The grounds to this resort are also beautiful, I loved walking and never felt that anything was too far away. We stayed in Casitas 3, on the 4th floor.
The busses were so-so, actually we only experinced long waits for MK busses. Sometimes over 20 minutes. We also did not care for the Pepper Market, we usually grabbed bfast from Cafe Rix and ate outside.
I hope to be returning to this resort as I loved it !! Thank you to everyone for all the information that was provided, you all helped me have a better vacation!:)

I have a copy of the 2009 Disney Dining plan from my TA and CSR is not listed ? I am booked for June and this will stink if we cannot use the DDP at our resort? I am asking if this is normal or have I missed something and booked the wrong resort?

There are several restaurants that are not on the 2009 Dining Plan as of yet (including several at World Showcase and Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom). They are not owned by Disney and therefore often wait until the very end of sign on. Rumor has it that Pepper Market is signing and there is rumor that it is not. You will just have to wait until the official list comes out by end of the year (we hope).

There are several restaurants that are not on the 2009 Dining Plan as of yet (including several at World Showcase and Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom). They are not owned by Disney and therefore often wait until the very end of sign on. Rumor has it that Pepper Market is signing and there is rumor that it is not. You will just have to wait until the official list comes out by end of the year (we hope).
Someone posted on the DDP thread on the restaurants board that they were told it was back on for 2009 and they had an updated brochure that listed CSR so it may be back on.

DH and I are contemplating an Adult Only trip this year, we already have a Land & Sea booked with the kids in Dec. but we are thinking that we might like to try and stay at CSR in Oct. So, my questions are as such, are the Queen beds in all rooms, including standards or just the new CL? Next, are all the rooms being renovated in the beautiful dark wood or is it only in the CL rooms? If we decide to stay here, my questions will abound, I promise.

DH and I are contemplating an Adult Only trip this year, we already have a Land & Sea booked with the kids in Dec. but we are thinking that we might like to try and stay at CSR in Oct. So, my questions are as such, are the Queen beds in all rooms, including standards or just the new CL? Next, are all the rooms being renovated in the beautiful dark wood or is it only in the CL rooms? If we decide to stay here, my questions will abound, I promise.

Yes, there are queen beds in all of the rooms (except about 100 which are being changed to king beds). ALL rooms are being rehabbed. The new Club Level rooms are done, but the regular rooms are also being done with the same decor, etc. (queen beds, flat screen televisions, wood doors separating bathroom from sleeping room, new carpet, paint, etc.

Can't wait to see them upclose and personal in September for our 8th stay.

My husband is planning a business mtg for a small group(within a large group) and we are looking at all the resorts with club level. I see that Coronado has one now and we like this resort, so any info or pictures would be helpful. What exactly do you get with club level? Is there a room that you can go to for meals and snacks?
Thanks so very much.
PS-I get to go on the trip too.
Kathy:cool1:

I am so excited that the CSR restaurants will be on DDP this year. We had decided on CSR originally because we had such a wonderfully romantic evening that included dinner at the Maya Grille. (All these great pics from Buzz and others really helped reinforce our decision though). We would have been disappointed if those restaurants had not signed on, we like to get breakfast before heading to the parks.

When will the rehab be finished? We are planning a trip the first week of June and considering staying at CSR (it's a tossup right now between CBR and CSR).

Scheduled to be completed October 1.

Do you know in what order they are doing the sections? Was thinking about either requesting the Cabanas or Casitas section. We have stayed in the Ranchos before and felt very alone!

Do you know in what order they are doing the sections? Was thinking about either requesting the Cabanas or Casitas section. We have stayed in the Ranchos before and felt very alone!

There does not seem to be any "set" way they are going. They did Cabanas 9B first because this is all Club Level; they then completed Casitas 1, 4th floor; they are currently working on Casitas 2 and 3's 4th floor and Cabanas 9A.

We stayed in Casitas 3, 4th floor and all of this floor was renovated. We saw that they were renovating some other floors as well. Hopefully the wi-fi rumor is true. :goodvibes

There does not seem to be any "set" way they are going. They did Cabanas 9B first because this is all Club Level; they then completed Casitas 1, 4th floor; they are currently working on Casitas 2 and 3's 4th floor and Cabanas 9A.

Those are all done now. Right now the refurb is on hold because of the holidays.

Those are all done now. Right now the refurb is on hold because of the holidays.

Hi, Jamey! Is all of Cabanas 9A done now, or only the top floor like the Casitas? I have to send in my fax request on Tuesday or Wednesday for a Sunday checkin (YAY! :cool1:). I've currently asked for Casitas, and I think I'll ask for Casitas 3, 4th floor, or Cabanas 9A wherever the renovation's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!