BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back from an 8 night stay at the CSR and it was AWESOME! We loved everything from our room in building 9A (right by the quite pool, which was great), to the pepper market, to the bus service... everything was wonderful the grounds were amazing... it was truly a magical stay!!!

The weather was great, the crowds weren't too bad, as always Disney didn't disappoint... in fact it was spectacular! :banana:

thank you all for your help!

Glad to hear you had a nice stay! How was the weather while you were there? I've been hearing that a thunderstorm rolls through just about everyday.

Any pictures to share?

Boo-urns! (Simpsons reference :laughing: ) I have a waterview room booked but I'm hoping to not have a view of the pool! The lake would be much nicer. I'll have to cross my fingers!

Also, just so you won't be surprised, your water-view room could see no water at all, or a sliver due to the lush foliage which has grown since the resort was built.

If this happens, it is fine to go down to the front desk (if you call, it goes to a call center,even from the room), explain the situation and ask if they could try to find a room with a view of water. We've done this before - most CM's are very nice about it. It happens at some resorts with a water view or pool view category - it's really time for Disney to re-evaluate the water view rooms since some no longer see even a silver of any water.

At POR the manager changed our room category from water to std view b/c the only way we saw any water was if the wind blew and the pine trees moved slightly - then we saw a teeny sliver of water. It was pretty funny.

I would also put lake view as your first request is that is most important.:thumbsup2

Have a great stay!! It is a beautiful resort. :goodvibes

Originally Posted by ras1121
We just got back from an 8 night stay at the CSR and it was AWESOME! We loved everything from our room in building 9A (right by the quite pool, which was great), to the pepper market, to the bus service... everything was wonderful the grounds were amazing... it was truly a magical stay!!!

The weather was great, the crowds weren't too bad, as always Disney didn't disappoint... in fact it was spectacular! :banana:

Welcome back!! So glad you had a wonderful trip and enjoyed CSR! Do tell us all about it when you have time!

Welcome back. Thanks for your review. So glad you enjoyed CSR!

Also remember, water view rooms at CSR (and possibly all Disney resorts) would include rooms with a view of the quiet pool (or fountain in the Casitas area).

I know this...but I am really praying for a lake view. We have so enjoyed our river views at POFQ on our lat two trips. I will be really disappointed with a bad view.

I also would not settle for a room with the view blocked by foliage...not unless I wasn't paying extra for the water view.

For all you CSR officiaonadoes...IF I am luck enough to get my Cabanas request, are there and rooms that are really bad (besides the back of 8B by the parking lot, I know that already)? I'd really like to see some pics of room views from the Cabanas rooms. If you have room numbers to go along with them, even better!!

I don't know if there are bad rooms (this was our first trip) but we did have a first floor corner room with a parking lot view at Cabanas 8B & loved it! If we were assigned that room again I would be thrilled. We were literally steps away from the quiet pool & laundry facility plus only a 1-2 minute walk from the Digg Site. Parking was steps away too which helped during the moments of a torrential downpour.

For this trip the view really didn't matter to us because we were only in the room to sleep. Now when we're at the beach I'm very picky & only stay where my condo is beachfront. lol

Right now I can't remember the room number but will edit my post if DH remembers.

Also, just so you won't be surprised, your water-view room could see no water at all, or a sliver due to the lush foliage which has grown since the resort was built.

If this happens, it is fine to go down to the front desk (if you call, it goes to a call center,even from the room), explain the situation and ask if they could try to find a room with a view of water. We've done this before - most CM's are very nice about it. It happens at some resorts with a water view or pool view category - it's really time for Disney to re-evaluate the water view rooms since some no longer see even a silver of any water.

At POR once stay the manager changed our room category changed from water to std view b/c the only way we saw any water was if the wind blew and the pine trees moved slightly - then we saw a teeny sliver of water. It was pretty funny.

I would also put lake view as your first request is that is most important.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the head's up. Honestly, I'm usually not that picky as we aren't in the room all that much anyway. IMO, if you are paying for waterview, you should be given a decent waterview. Even if it's a clear view of the pool, I'd be happy because that's still a waterview. I know it's not only Disney resorts who do this; other hotels commonly claim a waterview room but you have to lean out from the balcony, look way over to your right, passed the trees to see a sliver of water. That's pretty silly if you ask me. But I digress, I'm lucky enough to be BE in Disney World. Little things like seeing water when I look out my resort room window shouldn't be a huge concern. The only reason we booked waterview is because that's all that was left for the days we wanted at the CSR! Any other time a standard room would do just fine.

I hope it all turns out well. Honestly, I'd be happy to be in Casistas 5 at this point! Thanks again!

Maybelle,
I don't have any room #'s to share..... We stayed in Cabanas 8B in March facing the parking lot. We are kinda park commando's so we didn't spend much time in the room. When we had spare time at CSR we were in the pool, at the dig site, or walking around the lake. I do have a few pics for you to check out.

This is a view you would have looking out of a door from 8A or 8B.

DSC04210.jpg

Here is what is in-between 8B & 9A and the lake.

DSC04212.jpg

Here is what the cabanas look like through the palm trees from the other side of the lake.

DSC04209.jpg

Sorry I couldn't be more help. :goodvibes

Tim

Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures. I can't wait to go!!

Does that puddle on the sidewalk count as a water view?;)

Probably. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Theresa, thanks for sharing the pictures. They are great. I love the Casitas.

I was told at check-in that we were near the quiet pool. You mean that wasn't it ?? I thought "How cool...they have a sand bottom pool like the Yacht and Beach Club"!! That explains the dirty looks ! I thought it was a little small.....

Boo-urns! (Simpsons reference :laughing: ) I have a waterview room booked but I'm hoping to not have a view of the pool! The lake would be much nicer. I'll have to cross my fingers!

This was our waterview in Cabanas 9b. No quiet pools here!

http://i578.photobucket

[IMG]http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/marleeka/100_0081-1.jpg

I read a few pages back that CSR now has the generic refillable mugs - can anyone tell what the price is of them please? I am only asking as in March the CSR mugs were cheaper than then the other resorts but I guessing they are going to be the same now.

Can't wait to be back at CSR! :goodvibes

Looking at picture of a CSR room with 2 queen beds, 1 ottomum, a desk and 1 chair, 1 dresser with falt screen TV on top.....
best way to arrange furniture to get a twin size areo bed in the room (we are 4 people - but DS 17 does not sleep with DD 14).

Could I move the ottomum between the TV/dressser and bathroom wall and also push the desk & chair closer to the TV/dresser ?

Is the furniture bolted to the floor or attached to the wall ?

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter