BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

Unless it has changed since our last trip, Summer 2014, check-in is in the main lodge. We hung out in the villas lobby until we got our room ready text.

How disruptive is the construction these days? My in-laws just booked a stay there in late February and weren't aware of the construction. The stayed at the Poly while it was going through the DVC construction and they were very disappointed with their stay due to the construction. They spend a lot of time at the resort during the day, especially to take naps in the afternoon before dinner. Should I tell them to switch hotels?

hi all,

is the construction noisy enough that it would wake you early if you're staying in a standard room?

Admittedly we were in a courtyard view, but it was the geyser errupting that woke me each morning at 7am. Didn't notice construction noise at all.

We're having our first stay at Wilderness Lodge (renting DVC points) in two weeks.
I imagine taking the boat to Magic Kingdom is the most scenic. What is more efficient and faster - boat or bus?

We're having our first stay at Wilderness Lodge (renting DVC points) in two weeks.
I imagine taking the boat to Magic Kingdom is the most scenic. What is more efficient and faster - boat or bus?
They're about the same, though the boat is more relaxing and a neater experience most times. In general, we've found the boat to be a tad faster, as well.

The bus is much faster than the boat. The boat usually comes every 20 minutes and the ride is about 12 minutes long. The bus ride is less than 5 minutes and it seems to come often.

We will be there in a June and plan the bus for rope drop but the boat for midday breaks and leaving at night.

Does anybody know what the view is like while you're eating by the windows at Artist Point right now? I read there is construction outside of Roaring Fork and the patio area around it.

After looking at a map I think artist point isn't near roaring fork and shouldn't be affected.

Another question, does anybody have a fairly current picture of the view from a standard room in the north wing? Are the cabins all framed now? I just want to feel a little better about the standard view room since it's all that's available now.

Does anybody know what the view is like while you're eating by the windows at Artist Point right now? I read there is construction outside of Roaring Fork and the patio area around it.

After looking at a map I think artist point isn't near roaring fork and shouldn't be affected.
Artist Point is above Roaring Fork. I don't know how tall the new roof area will be above the outside eating area, but the view from the windows should be above the roof. I would guess that you will see the inner courtyard, the pool, geyser and Bay Lake from Artists Point and not the construction. But when we are visiting WL in about two weeks, we can check it out.

Artist's renderings of post construction BRV pool, Boulder Ridge Cove, and quick service, Geyser Point Bar & Grill. Scheduled to open SUMMER 2017.

Article located HERE.

Photos Courtesy Disney Parks Blog
djknfg9099090.jpg

vkd888.jpg

Artist's renderings of post construction BRV pool, Boulder Ridge Cove, and quick service, Geyser Point Bar & Grill. Scheduled to open SUMMER 2017.

Article located HERE.

Photos Courtesy Disney Parks Blog

vkd888.jpg

I hope this is just artistic flair to make the new Geyser Point building pop out from the background, and the old Villas are not being painted yellow. That would be horrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter