BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

Good afternoon -
Hey Kook, not that I am as thorough of a reader as others on this post BUT I did not see any indication in any of the documents filed with Fl Wtr Mngt that remotely mentioned a parking garage. I do see information on pavement, soil, walls, drainage, etc. relating to buildings, pools, roadways and the like but I could not gleen any information beyond what would appear to me as 2 (two) additional parking area's at (essentially) both ends of the new water side DVc buidings going in.
Have you gleened other information that leads you to this possibility? I am just curious here. I appreciate your response.

Hmmm. Well, I already switched. Guess I'll just leave it..Buuuut that $850 extra for GF is a little hard to swallow, esp since we love WL. Grrrrr.

Thank you for the information! Was hoping to stay at WL next year, but will probably have to consider other resorts :(

Good afternoon -
Hey Kook, not that I am as thorough of a reader as others on this post BUT I did not see any indication in any of the documents filed with Fl Wtr Mngt that remotely mentioned a parking garage. I do see information on pavement, soil, walls, drainage, etc. relating to buildings, pools, roadways and the like but I could not gleen any information beyond what would appear to me as 2 (two) additional parking area's at (essentially) both ends of the new water side DVc buidings going in.
Have you gleened other information that leads you to this possibility? I am just curious here. I appreciate your response.

I posted that from the plans, "it appears to be a parking garage," but I don't know for certain. The current CM parking lot will be modified according to the plans below. Project limits are in yellow and the lot is located under the "P" labeled Wilderness Lodge Cast Parking.
screen-shot-2015-05-16-at-6-22-47-pm-png.97022

It appears below that the construction area of the current CM parking lot (northwestern area) involves making a building of some type that looks like it has the same "line" features of the new parking lot they're building in the southeastern part of the property, but possibly with ramps(?), like a garage. I assume they're re-purposing the lot to accommodate the northern cabin guests, HA compliance, etc... But, again Disney hasn't confirmed any of this yet.
vwloverlaydm-jpg.97746

screen-shot-2015-05-16-at-9-12-45-am-png.97021

Thank you for the information! Was hoping to stay at WL next year, but will probably have to consider other resorts :(

You're welcome - stay tuned...

Last edited:
Thank you to @tigger137 for posting the following photos to the WL/VWL thread:

During our recent stay at VWL I spotted the rooms I'd read about which it is rumoured may be being converted into DVC. They are in the south wing, ground floor, looking towards VWL. I think there are 7 of them. They can be identified because there's no patio furniture outside them and the curtains are always closed. On weekdays we saw workmen going in and out, and sometimes the grassed area in front was closed off and work vehicles parked there. But evenings and weekends it was always left clear. During at least some of our visit there were guests in the adjoining rooms, to the right and above, and I suspect they may have heard construction noise.

One night they left the lights on and I ventured up to take these photos. The curtains were still closed so the pictures aren't very good I'm afraid, but if you kind of squint you can make some things out!

This first one is the best. You can see a room entrance door at the back on the right. If you look along to the left you can just see the doorframe of the entrance door to the next room - most of the wall between 2 rooms has been removed. If I remember rightly, it looked as if 3 rooms had been knocked into one. The black line is the middle of the patio doors.

20150521-wl-refurb-1-jpg.99839

Next photo is the same room but looking in towards the right. You can't see it clearly but the wall to the right as been knocked through into the next room.

20150521-wl-refurb-2-jpg.99840

I can't remember if this was the same room or a different one - sorry but I was convinced Security was about to appear and tell me off so I didn't hang around long! But I think it was a different room.
20150521-wl-refurb-3-jpg.99841

In this photo you can see 2 entrance doors, that it has been at least 2 separate rooms but the wall removed in-between.

20150521-wl-refurb-4-jpg.99842

Couldn't resist this final one although it isn't very clear - it's the plans for whatever work is being undertaken. I couldn't make anything out unfortunately. Only afterwards did DH say we should have tried the door - perhaps they'd left it open as well as the lights on!

20150521-wl-refurb-5-jpg.99843

Even before I could see into the rooms that night, I'd been looking and wondering about the construction. VWL DVC studios are larger than a standard WL room, so if they were converted 1:1 then the new studios would be smaller. So I wondered if they're looking to convert 3 standard rooms into 2 studios. But I don't know how that would work outside because of the stonework. Patio doors could be removed and re-sited but where those rooms are, outside there are stonework features which are part of WL and I don't think they could be altered.

Anyway, I thought people might be interested to see these photos. I just wish they were clearer.

Last edited:
Way to go tigger137. It would appear from your pictures, especially the last one showing some type of room plans that the current construction appears to be more than just a room-to-studio makeover. It would appear to be a 1 bedroom villa from the plans laid out on the last pic. That certainly is not to say that other standard rooms would not be converted into studios but, at the moment, it would appear at least to me that this may very well NOT be a Polynesian look-alike pertaining to the room to studio-only conversion.

I do agree with tigger137 in that since the WL: standard rooms are the smallest of any deluxe resort, it would be difficult to coordinate the outer doors and the patio's / balconies to "sync" up on a room-to-villa studio basis as is.
Some great detective work there and (as we all already knew) there is going to be a conversion of those rooms and these latest pictures add some very intriguing possibilities to what these rooms will become. Since VWL is one of the smallest DVC resorts, they may be adding an allotment of 1 and 2 bedrooms as well as some studios to the new arrangement.
Guess we can try and cross our fingers for some more Sherlock Holmes type pics in the near future........

Way to go tigger137. It would appear from your pictures, especially the last one showing some type of room plans that the current construction appears to be more than just a room-to-studio makeover. It would appear to be a 1 bedroom villa from the plans laid out on the last pic. That certainly is not to say that other standard rooms would not be converted into studios but, at the moment, it would appear at least to me that this may very well NOT be a Polynesian look-alike pertaining to the room to studio-only conversion.

I do agree with tigger137 in that since the WL: standard rooms are the smallest of any deluxe resort, it would be difficult to coordinate the outer doors and the patio's / balconies to "sync" up on a room-to-villa studio basis as is.
Some great detective work there and (as we all already knew) there is going to be a conversion of those rooms and these latest pictures add some very intriguing possibilities to what these rooms will become. Since VWL is one of the smallest DVC resorts, they may be adding an allotment of 1 and 2 bedrooms as well as some studios to the new arrangement.
Guess we can try and cross our fingers for some more Sherlock Holmes type pics in the near future........

Yep, gotta love a fellow Snooper:magnify::thumbsup2. Along with the cabin rumor was a rumor that another Club Level lounge was being built. Could this be a CL lounge?

Great job Tigger!!! How exciting! Can you imagine if you were able to get a good shot of the plans!!!

GREAT job! YOU have photos... and the "other boards" are still speculating on weather or not a Main WL conversion is occurring at all :).

keeping up to date and watching... we still have our ressie for a studio in april. So nervous, and not sure if there will even be a villa pool to use and so many other unknowns about the construction. I soooo have wanted to stay here for years...

keeping up to date and watching... we still have our ressie for a studio in april. So nervous, and not sure if there will even be a villa pool to use and so many other unknowns about the construction. I soooo have wanted to stay here for years...

Don't worry - we already have 4-2016 reservations as well :). If there is construction around the "quiet pool"? Well, that's happened before - just have to use the main pool. WL will take care of you :).

Hi there. Hoping to get get a bit of advice from ya'll :)

I'm planning a trip for June 2016 to celebrate my DDs HS graduation. I'm renting points so need to work this out soon. The original plan was to do a BWV/VWL split over 8 nights (4 nights each). With the proposed construction plans (I know it hasn't been announced officially), I'm torn what to do.

Ideas are to still do a split, with perhaps spending 2-3 nights at VWL. Another is just stay at BWV the whole time. The least popular is split with another monorail resort.

Some other factors: my mom is coming this trip and has never been to WL even to visit. She was really looking forward to it. We love how doing a split gives proximity to the parks. There will be 4 in our group, 2 adults and 2 teenagers, so the murphey bed is a plus and BLT may be too small. We're staying in studios. The person we're renting from owns at BWV, VWL and BLT. So we'd have to wait for 7 months to try for VGF or VPV (poly).

So what do you think? TIA for your help...

I think it was 2012? or 2011, we were in the South Wing and there was a constant high pitch jackhammering sound, during the day (no naps). I think they were removing the old tile in the bathrooms....Anyway, on that trip, I took the stairs down to the exit near the hidden springs pool, and I was able to enter the floor that had construction going on. I just took a few steps in and turned around. So, that's the end of the story.:D

We will be there on 9/7/15 with a Courtyard view. Any suggestions on what I should request as far as rooms go to avoid any construction. Also can anyone tell me which is the north and south side of the lodge? Last time we were there we were in room 5011 and loved it.

90 more days to go :yay:

Thanks

GREAT job! YOU have photos... and the "other boards" are still speculating on weather or not a Main WL conversion is occurring at all :).

:welcome: to the DIS, Dean. You'll have to help me out on the Elvish translation of your avatar:scratchin

Hi there. Hoping to get get a bit of advice from ya'll :)

I'm planning a trip for June 2016 to celebrate my DDs HS graduation. I'm renting points so need to work this out soon. The original plan was to do a BWV/VWL split over 8 nights (4 nights each). With the proposed construction plans (I know it hasn't been announced officially), I'm torn what to do.

Ideas are to still do a split, with perhaps spending 2-3 nights at VWL. Another is just stay at BWV the whole time. The least popular is split with another monorail resort.

Some other factors: my mom is coming this trip and has never been to WL even to visit. She was really looking forward to it. We love how doing a split gives proximity to the parks. There will be 4 in our group, 2 adults and 2 teenagers, so the murphey bed is a plus and BLT may be too small. We're staying in studios. The person we're renting from owns at BWV, VWL and BLT. So we'd have to wait for 7 months to try for VGF or VPV (poly).

So what do you think? TIA for your help...

Congratulations to your DD! My DD also graduates 6/16, but hasn't narrowed down her graduation trip yet. Since your stay is a year away, I would recommend waiting till we have some official word from Disney/VWL, which hopefully will be this summer. If the construction does start in September, then some VWL/WL status reports should start to be posted around then and that will help you to make a better informed decision.

I think it was 2012? or 2011, we were in the South Wing and there was a constant high pitch jackhammering sound, during the day (no naps). I think they were removing the old tile in the bathrooms....Anyway, on that trip, I took the stairs down to the exit near the hidden springs pool, and I was able to enter the floor that had construction going on. I just took a few steps in and turned around. So, that's the end of the story.:D

That jackhammering was from the new flooring they were putting in the bathrooms, hallways, lobby, etc… when they did the WL room rehab back in 2012.

We will be there on 9/7/15 with a Courtyard view. Any suggestions on what I should request as far as rooms go to avoid any construction. Also can anyone tell me which is the north and south side of the lodge? Last time we were there we were in room 5011 and loved it.

90 more days to go :yay:

Thanks

The CYV rooms will be the least impacted view. I can't imagine much, if anything too intrusive occurring during your dates. But, even without the potential construction, just make sure you request an INNER or WL CYV room.

Last edited:
Is it safe to assume the Club rooms will be less affected as well as the inner courtyard rooms in October of this year? Just keeping tabs on this construction stuff.

Is it safe to assume the Club rooms will be less affected as well as the inner courtyard rooms in October of this year? Just keeping tabs on this construction stuff.
:welcome: to the DIS, FTM22. There are Woods View CL rooms in the South Wing that would face construction occurring in the VWL pool area and in the North Wing that would face the Northern cabin construction. However, I don't know when construction in these areas would actually begin. To avoid these areas, request an INNER CYV room for both CL and WL CYV bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter