• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

I was just on the phone trying to discuss options for my honeymoon on May 30th and my CM insisted that the pool would be open by Jan 31st. I almost lost it with them. Clearly no one is informed except the construction managers.
Ahhhhh - but did the CM say WHAT YEAR? :). The Quiet Pool is totally gone (actually FILLED IN, and I'm trying to figure that one out). The "New Pool", which will not be quiet, is going to take some time :).

We are set to stay in a one bedroom unit this June. I'm a little nervous of how the construction will impact our stay. Hopefully less people at the resort makes for a bonus for us!

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed the complete lack of "Woods View" category availability? For many different dates for the rest of 2016 the Disney website shows no Woods View availability, even when Courtyard and Standard are available. Our hypothesis is that while the South wing is closed for the construction, they are classifying the remaining rooms as either Courtyard or Standard. This means over half of the available rooms at the resort might be available at the lowest view price... It might also help avoid complaints about no longer having "Woods" on the North side of the Lodge. I know all the construction has its many downsides, but I think this one is a bit of a silver lining. We shall see in September.

I've seen a couple people mention transportation concerns. I've looked over the details but I haven't seen anything regarding changes to transportation. Is there something planned that I missed (which is certainly possible!)?

I've seen a couple people mention transportation concerns. I've looked over the details but I haven't seen anything regarding changes to transportation. Is there something planned that I missed (which is certainly possible!)?

We just got back and as far as I could tell transportation was normal.

Thanks! We aren't going until the end of June but I'm not really sure how transportation would be affected, I guess unless they close the boat launch.

Well, I'm not a veteran (this was our first trip), but the boats were working and the construction didn't seem close to them.

Thanks! We aren't going until the end of June but I'm not really sure how transportation would be affected, I guess unless they close the boat launch.

Well, I'm not a veteran (this was our first trip), but the boats were working and the construction didn't seem close to them.

We just received a letter in the mail from the GM of Wilderness Lodge discussing the construction and what is closed during our trip in June. The letter states that the Hidden Spring quiet pool, playground, beach area, marina and nature trail is all closed. Bike rentals can still be made near the jogging trail and nightly movies are still going on inside. If we need access to other recreation needs we can go to Ft. W or Cont. to do those things, I.e. Boat rental. All other areas of the resort will be open and fully functioning.

I have stayed at this resort before and don't really see much of a problem with any of this really effecting us. Maybe I'm nieve, but the main lobby, restaurants, main pool, transportation, and water taxi are still open. Yes, there is some refurbishment going on now, but this is the "slow" season when that stuff gets done. As long as it's not in my immediate way in June, I'm fine!

Although our trip isn't until October this year, we paid a supplement for the woods view, so I'm watching this very closely, and I saw someone also paid for a woods view in June and have been given a free upgrade to a courtyard view..interesting ..

I was there just last month and neither of the two construction areas are close to the boat dock.
The only construction that will be near the dock will be when they wrap up by pouring pathways that go from the new cabins on the water to the boat dock. I don't see this having any impact at on the boats or getting to/from them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter