BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

We think the peace and quiet of our beloved villas is pretty well gone forever...given over to the world's 1 percenters for the benefit of Iger's bottom line. Sorry, chalk it up to change is hard?
Respectfully, I disagree with this thought. I don't see the addition of new DVC units at WL as changing the peace and quiet of the resort. Adding the original VWL didn't change the peace and quiet of WL. The whole place has that nice and secluded feeling and there's plenty of room to expand.

As far as the world's 1 percenters go, you'll find a lot of 99%'ers hold Disney stock. Its just as important to them for the stock to do well as the other 1%.

Yes, change is hard. Mostly the hard part is fear of the unknown. I prefer to look at the positive side of change rather than focus on loss.

Last edited:
Respectfully, I disagree with this thought. I don't see the addition of new DVC units at WL as changing the peace and quiet of the resort. Adding the original VWL didn't change the peace and quiet of WL. The whole place has that nice and secluded feeling and there's plenty of room to expand.

As far as the world's 1 percenters go, you'll find a lot of 99%'ers hole Disney stock. Its just as important to them for the stock to do well as the other 1%.

Yes, change is hard. Mostly the hard part is fear of the unknown. I prefer to look at the positive side of change rather than focus on loss.

ITA. These cabins don't seem to be anything like what happened at the Poly (which I personally think looks terrible). The only real view from VWL is trees (or pool, for those on the first or second floors). They're not adding all that many cabins, and with the terrain at VWL, I just don't see them obstructing the view like at the Poly.

I've been thinking about those pictures and I've decided that I really don't mind the change. The shoreline was so overgrown around the boardwalk it seems like it was due for some trimming up regardless of the construction.

Last edited:
Final NoCs for the project. The expiration date is still 8/31/18.

NORTH AREA DEVELOPMENT - WL ADDRESS:
Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 3.25.06 PM.png

SOUTH AREA DEVELOPMENT - NEAR FW/VWL:
Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 3.26.29 PM.png

Not sure why all my images now appear as ?. But, maybe they'll magically reappear at some point. Until such time, my posts aren't very helpful:badpc:

The final permit dated 11 SEP, and its accompanying 66 pages of docs., can be found HERE. Click on LIST BY DATE and choose the top document dated 11 SEP.

Last edited:

Kook, I've noticed a lot of photo's are not displaying correctly on the DIS lately. I'm starting to think the problem lies with the boards.

This may have already been posted but we are here right now and when we went down to the boat dock we discovered they've cleared a bunch of trees that used to hide the boat dock from view. It was very disappointing to see.

89B70C10-7190-45BF-B6E8-EA1214F8BEDA_zpswvekz8of.jpg

F87452E6-6F39-41A8-AB73-5C766AAE0D15_zps93zlfufa.jpg

78744816-C662-4184-9C5D-5B8143711A15_zpsupd6njml.jpg

Unnecessary, to say the least, and sad. Oh well.

No, this hasn't been posted, at least not here or to the WL/VWL thread. Thank you, @elaw!

The area around the geyser looks naked! According to the plans, there aren't any structures that were to be built in this particular area. This does allow for a better EWP view, which may soon be more obstructed due to shoreline construction. If you're still there, could you ask about it? I found the construction workers to be the most helpful since they don't seem to sign non-disclosure agreements;)

This is the area of elaw's photos, next to the geyser, which isn't even within the project limits in yellow:

View attachment 124743
I had to use DVC Mike's image since mine have disappeared at the moment and appear as ?

Seems quite a few things happening are not within the yellow project limits.

Btw, we have gotten three emails within the past week promoting special WL standard room pricing "just for us" for the middle two weeks of July, 2016 at 315/night. I just had to chuckle.

Did anyone who either took the discount, or move due to construction have Guest Service advise no further changes could be made to reservation? If so, have you attempted to make any changes since then? I might need to change something but, I am apprehensive to ask.

Yes, I was advised that there could be no further changes in order to retain the discount. It depends on what you might need to change, but asking should NOT negate your discount.

Hope that helps.

DVC makes it official! This was posted this morning to DVCNews.com HERE.

DISNEY VACATION CLUB ANNOUNCES PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PROJECT AT DISNEY’S WILDERNESS LODGE

Celebration, Fla. (September 22, 2015) – Today, Disney Vacation Club announced its next planned project will be at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, located on Bay Lake at Walt Disney World Resort.

The planned project at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, when completed, will be the 14th Disney Vacation Club development and the second at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Current plans call for the resort to feature deluxe accommodations, including waterfront cabins. In addition to the Disney Vacation Club project, other guest areas within Disney’s Wilderness Lodge are scheduled to undergo substantial enhancements and refurbishment, including new recreation and food and beverage options. More information and project details will be shared at a later date.

Kook, I've noticed a lot of photo's are not displaying correctly on the DIS lately. I'm starting to think the problem lies with the boards.

Thank you for making me feel like it isn't just me:)

Btw, we have gotten three emails within the past week promoting special WL standard room pricing "just for us" for the middle two weeks of July, 2016 at 315/night. I just had to chuckle.

It must be just for you! I've never received those offers:rolleyes1

They're showing up fine now.
Still trying to grasp August of 2018 as the end date. Seems so far off. Is this the same duration the Poly DVC was given?

Guess it must be an intermittent DIServer problem then. The date isn't necessarily a completion date, just the date the NoC/permit expires. Those can actually be extended:rolleyes:

Yes, I was advised that there could be no further changes in order to retain the discount. It depends on what you might need to change, but asking should NOT negate your discount.

Hope that helps.
Thank you for responding. We are on a bounce back and were moved. We decided not to take the extra $100 per night discount.

DVC makes it official! This was posted this morning to DVCNews.com HERE.

DISNEY VACATION CLUB ANNOUNCES PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PROJECT AT DISNEY’S WILDERNESS LODGE

Celebration, Fla. (September 22, 2015) – Today, Disney Vacation Club announced its next planned project will be at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, located on Bay Lake at Walt Disney World Resort.

The planned project at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, when completed, will be the 14th Disney Vacation Club development and the second at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Current plans call for the resort to feature deluxe accommodations, including waterfront cabins. In addition to the Disney Vacation Club project, other guest areas within Disney’s Wilderness Lodge are scheduled to undergo substantial enhancements and refurbishment, including new recreation and food and beverage options. More information and project details will be shared at a later date.

THANK YOU WDWKOOK!!!!!

This announcement has MAJOR significance. All CURRENT VWL owners, take note: This development is "the 14th Disney Vacation Club development" and "the second at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge". This is a SEPARATE DVC DEVELOPMENT. As a consequence, there should be no effect on existing contracts (well, perhaps one.... the Quiet pool was always a shared resource - it should now be "shared" between the Lodge, VWL, and "VWL2").

I got lucky - I was right :). A separate Development :).

well, perhaps one.... the Quiet pool was always a shared resource - it should now be "shared" between the Lodge, VWL, and "VWL2"
Do we know if there might be a second quiet pool built as well?

What do you think they'll name the new DVC?

Perhaps this?

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/Logos/VWL2b.png​

Nah.

It's too similar to the existing VWL.

What about this?

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/Logos/VWL2c.png​

Nah.

It would still be confusing.

What about this?

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/Logos/VWL2a.png​

Nah.

It lacks imagination.

I think this would be a good name:

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/Logos/VWL2d.png​

Yeah, that's it!

:)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Got questions about DVC?
★ ☆ ★ THE DVC INFORMATION CENTER ★ ☆ ★
in the DVC Forums has the answers to your questions about the Disney Vacation Club.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Last edited:
What do you think they'll name the new DVC?

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/Logos/VWL2d.png​

This one gets my vote. Descriptive AND accurate! LOL.

So I guess the converted units in the main lodge and the cabins will be VWL 2.0. Honestly, I'm not sure how much appeal the main lodge units will have for DVC owners. We always rent cash villas and I wouldn't ever pick a room in the main lodge over a VWL room, but I really, really, really enjoy the peace and quiet at VWL.

This one gets my vote. Descriptive AND accurate! LOL.

So I guess the converted units in the main lodge and the cabins will be VWL 2.0. Honestly, I'm not sure how much appeal the main lodge units will have for DVC owners. We always rent cash villas and I wouldn't ever pick a room in the main lodge over a VWL room, but I really, really, really enjoy the peace and quiet at VWL.
I would pick a room at the lodge over the villas... I LOVE the lobby at the lodge.

Different strokes. Take a look at how the DVC units turned out at AKL-Jambo. I'd be happy enough if they were like that.

I would pick a room at the lodge over the villas... I LOVE the lobby at the lodge.

When we stay at VWL we get the lobby in the lodge (we pass through there several times/day) AND total peace and quiet. VWL is a great respite for those who just need to get away from all the sensory overload of the Disney parks. :)

what amount of construction will be going on during end of november? We just are looking at staying one night, and I am debating between staying here or beach club. I like the location here better, but the price of wilderness lodge better;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter