BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

momtwoboys:

In drusba's post here:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/an...r-days-7-11-months-out.3281173/#post-51506136

"During the mid-Jan to late Sep period, AKV standard and savanna view and OKW are usually open well beyond the 7 month window and even at 4 months out, SSR even at two months out."

Both AKV and SSR are large resorts compared to VWL and hopefully will be able to accomodate those that want to switch at 7 months from VWL. Most people aren't looking to switch into those at 7 months. And not everyone is going to want to switch.

thanks, sadly our choice will end up akv, with no murphy bed which we needed and didnt want akv after staying there 4x already. Plus we paid for 127 points. Ssr is not a option for us. It just sucks all around. Thanks for the info though:) i appreciate it very much!

Guest Experience Services was polite but said right away they wouldn't talk to me, which was fine as my owner knew what I wanted. I actually was hoping to switch resorts. Perhaps because I didn't talk to them and my owner didn't know my itinerary my FPs are in MDE for two set days (they chose my check in and next day and not my check out luckily as we're leaving for the airport by 9a!) but not restricted to one park. They say "Select Up to 3 Experiences at Any Park" and list each park and the possible FPs that can be booked. As someone mentioned no parades or fireworks.

Thanks, that's how I'd expect it. Seems odd that the other person had to pick her park days (maybe she didn't need to, but just gave them that info anyway). Anyhow, my owner is looking into it. He forwarded me a revised reservation number from DVC last night (they gave us one this weekend, but they revised it again for some reason), and I thought that once I linked that new/revised number, that that would be the the thing to trigger the FP showing up, but it didn't. We shall see...

I was planning on staying at the VWL Dec 5-13 with my wife and 4 year old son. Then the construction news hit and my wife and I did a lot of research about what was going to happen there and thought about what we should do. We had never stayed at the Wilderness Lodge before and we were so excited about the prospects of seeing the lobby all decked out for Christmas and having a "rustic" atmosphere there. But with the construction news and the impending closures of some of the things we were planning on using there.....well, we just couldn't see ourselves enjoying any quiet and relaxing times there. I had rented points for a studio from a DVC owner and decided to email him last Saturday to see what could be done. He then promptly called DVC to see what my options were.....the options were either AKV Savanna studio or SSR. I decided to take the AKV Savanna studio since my son loves animals and I think he would enjoy the view from a hotel room every day. I also received those 3 "unrestricted" FPs every day of my trip which will be nice. We will make the best of this situation and hopefully in the future we will finally stay at the Wilderness Lodge....after all of this construction is done of course!

If I had had more nights planned there or a little one I'd have been tempted to switch as well. I love looking at the animals outside my balcony at Kidani! Jambo is also beautifully decorated for the holiday. Which is why I chose Kidani for the first part of the stay.

I heard back from my friend who I'm taking with her daughter and I feel more at ease with my choice to stay. I told her I was second guessing not taking the offer to move to a non-MK resort.

Don't worry about it at all. We hear a lot of construction (including concrete) in Singapore, and a nasty few months of jack hammering outside our building just finished. We're pretty tolerant. And I agree with you that we'll mostly be up and about/out, anyway.

I have WL CL booked starting December 6th. I read on the DIS about someone receiving a 30% discount. I haven't received any mail telling me about construction. First call was to reservations that told
Me I would need to talk to guest services and they were closed. I called the next day and the CM transferred me to guest services. She put me on hold and then transferred me to someone that deals with the offers for the construction. I told them what I had heard about the 30% off. She said they hadn't even sent out the notice to guest services yet about offers for this and couldn't understand how anyone got this discount. Anyway she said the 30% was not the offer bring given but that since this is what I heard they would honor this one time
for me. So we now have CL at 30% off.
Yes I played it up about the construction. I said we stayed at BWI and thought there would be boat rentals, movies on the boardwalk etc. So now I pick a resort that has that, and it will not be available. So what am I to do. See, ham it up, make up some BS. But if you just call and say I want a discount, they wont.

Yes I played it up about the construction. I said we stayed at BWI and thought there would be boat rentals, movies on the boardwalk etc. So now I pick a resort that has that, and it will not be available. So what am I to do. See, ham it up, make up some BS. But if you just call and say I want a discount, they wont.
I agree with this !

I'm confused, the BWI has boat rentals and nightly outdoor movies.

I wouldn't say I hammed it up but the things I did want and was looking for (close to MK, spa for my mom, three separate sleeping surfaces) really did make it impossible for them to accommodate me in any other way so I was offered a discount instead. And I did not mention looking for a discount when talking to Guest Services. They offered it.

Hmmm. mine didn't change. Mine is through the "magical" agency though, so through a different department at Disney. I will wait one more day and give the TA a call.
Thanks for the help!

I am also booked with a 'magical' reservation. TA emailed last weekend re: switching to GF which I approved immediately. In MDE, it still shows WL. Has yours updated? What did your TA tell you when you called?

I am also booked with a 'magical' reservation. TA emailed last weekend re: switching to GF which I approved immediately. In MDE, it still shows WL. Has yours updated? What did your TA tell you when you called?
Also a Magical customer and I sent my TA an email a couple of days ago and then this morning when I checked MDE I saw this wonderful sight:) So I guess patience is a virtue, but it sure looks a better when you actually see it.
upload_2015-7-23_15-26-14.png

Oh dear. I just literally sent my TA an email asking if MDE would switch over to show GF on its own. Guess I have my answer! I guess that also means mine definitely hasn't happened yet. Sigh.

I'm patiently waiting to see our "magical" change to BWI on MDE. I emailed my TA a couple of days ago and she said it will take several days to get everything switched over. I'm hoping it's a done deal because we changed several ADRs since we will be staying at a different resort.

Just got a letter today via snail mail advising us of construction during our visit in December (even though I already relocated my family from WL to CR this past weekend). A big thank you to Disboards and everyone here for keeping me ahead of the curve on this. I'm so looking forward to this trip!

I got that letter as well last night. Then, before bed I checked MDE and it updated!

GF for us this year. I am feeling the pixie dust :)

Granted, I booked through a TA but last year we NEVER got any notification about the main pool rehab (our TA never received anything either on our behalf). I don't understand it but that's why I am so grateful for the DIS that I came out of lurkdom to participate this year. Our trip is at the beginning of FD in the fall for reference.

wonder how long it will take to get to people like us booked in April :(

I don't know that this is how they're doing it. Our stay is before the PP by a week, with the same agency, and we haven't gotten our change yet. My TA yesterday advised patience because they have so many to do. But I admit, it's hard! Personally I worry about them running out of space or missing us or something, but that's just bc that's the way my year has gone so far ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter