• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking with dreams unlimited...

I wish they had a tel #

I didn't realize they didn't have a #...interesting. I use them not for any travel planning service, but simply because it's the same price as booking direct, and I get a kickback.

I've never needed to call prior to booking so I never have noticed.

FYI- I do always get a business card from them in the booking package close to travel dates that have multiple phone numbers in case of problems while traveling.

I have used DU numerous times. Have always had awesome service from either Sue Ellen or Kelsie. I have never had to wait for a return email.

We are cruising again in May 2011 and I'm def going to transfer my booking to DU!

My current cruise is with DU. I have been getting very fast service from them. I ask to change my room cat. by email. It was changed with two hours. When I make a payment it is posted just a fast if not faster.:thumbsup2

Small World Vacations absolutely does give you the name and telephone number of a specific agent before requiring you to put down any kind of deposit. We have had a very good experience so far!

I used DU for our cruise last weed. Booked on-board the Magic last week and transferred my reservation to DU. I didn't have any problems at all with DU.

My sister has used DU several times over the past several years and has never said anything bad about DU to me. She suggested that I use DU.

I have used DU. The first time I used them (3rd cruise) I got our first upgrade. I was soooo, sooooo happy. I booked my baltic cruise with them and my TA was on the phone two hours and got me exactly what I wanted. The alaska cruise I booked had a little miscommunication on what I wanted, but it was cleared up quickly.

I always call the 1-800 to pay for my cruises as I don't like to put my CC on-line and the agents are always so nice and personable. Before I used them the first time, I called that number and talked to Candy, who put all my fears at ease.

I am happy with the service and I like to OBC. As with any place, sometimes things get lost, but I believe that DU would do their best to rectify the situation.

I recommend them.

For those who have recently booked with DU (like me) and was wondering why they sent a e-mail stating they would assign a Personal Vacation Planning Consultant in 24 hour and had not heard back, here is what I did. At first I was not concerned because like others of you have stated my cruise is more then a year away but after seeing the comments (and concerns) on here I decided to e-mail them and this was my VERY prompt reply:

Thank you for your email.

As there is very little planning that needs to be done with a Disney Cruise
until 90 days prior to departure, we have set up a team of agents that is
ready, willing and able to handle any questions or concerns that you may
have regarding your upcoming vacation. This is known as the Cruise Concierge
Team and they can be reached at DCL.Reservations@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Please let them know how they can assist.

As always, thank you for choosing Dreams Unlimited Travel.

So for those that were worried be assured that they are still present and willing to answer all questions. Hope this helps.
:thumbsup2

I agree with the PP response from DU. I haven't heard anything really from my DU agent for my cruise portion of my upcoming trip- but it's because there is no need yet:)

For my WDW leg though- I had surveys to fill out about touring (for those who want a schedule done for them), and was asked of if I wanted them to handle dining (I wanted to do it myself). My agents (Katie or Merrie) have always been fantastic- very quick replies to my questions and this trip I have switched hotels twice, changed my package once, and have had requests added to my WDW and my DCL portions.

Hi there,

DU always seems a great way to book DCL cruises and you think in this day and age it would be easy with the internet and easy cheap communications to process this. I have used DU at least 5 or 6 times now to book cruises for myself and family, although I like so many of you are wondering why do we use DU instead of more mundane TA's like Orb or Ex, which the result is instant and a confirmed booking with everyone happy, not always pressing send and receive to see if the request has been processed.

My experience last year was this, I emailed DU trying to get a deal on a Christmas 09 4 day cruise whilst my wife was in France and I in UK. I checked the availability online with the aforementioned mainsteam TA's and found the Cat I wanted at a fair price. I then because of loyalty to DU filled out a "quote" request and got the automated answer, boring!!!! and waited and waited. When I did get the answer back I got a fantastic price and sent the booking fee straight away. This was duly processed at that point the DU rep, who I will not name, realised she had quoted me for the wrong dates and then ask me to pay a further $1600 plus dollars. I came home from work and later that day and found the email apologetic although she did not accept any blame, simply an error in processing the cruise reservation request and I would have to pay. I sent a few emails regarding the issue and in the end I was contacted by, I believe the owner, of DU apologising and suggesting a solution that I pay half and DU pay half of the difference in new quote. Which I accepted, although it very much annoys me to this day.

All in all, my opinion is that DU will continue until a big player enters the DCL market in a big way with the Dream and Fantasy and that unless DU change the way they operate that many will go elsewhere, which I don't want to do, although people should not have to go through the constant waiting for a confirmation of booking it should be an instant process in my opinion.

I have booked cruises since with DU and will continue to do so in the hope that they change their ways of operating.

I have booked with DU for my 1st cruise:yay: and I obviously don't have any experience to compare it with but so far they have been really good.

All my questions and requests have been answered in a timely manner (within 48 hours) and so far no problems.

With any TA (or any business) there will be problems or mistakes made along the way.....it's how they deal with and resolve those problems that I think counts. :)

We've booked 4 out of 5 of our Disney cruises with DU (we didn't discover this board and DU until after our first cruise!) and countless WDW trips. We've never had a bad experience and have had everything taken care of in a prompt and timely manner. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or use them again for future Disney trips.

I just booked our very first disney cruise with them this morning. I hope all goes well. I have another local company that we usually book thru but I wanted the on board credit since we have 2 cabins. I am so excited but nervous. I can't wait to read all of the wonderful information here. :lovestruc

We have previously booked a WDW vacation through DU, and I was not very impressed. After we booked our reservation, a discount code came out and I ended up having to re-book the reservation myself and getting a better deal than the DU ta offered me. I ended up booking it myself and transferring the reservation to her (even though I had done all the work).

We have used SWV to book our upcoming cruise and so far, they seem more responsive to questions and reservation changes. Plus, I really prefer to have a phone number to call them directly, when necessary.

Probably, either agency would be fine. I think the agent you work directly with can make the difference rather than the agency. :goodvibes

we booked our 1st trip (land & sea) through small world - they got us an awesome deal! For our next trip we used DU, since the price was the same with SW, but no OBC.

I admit this, I didn't like the 1st lady I was dealing with at DU, she was very bad at returning emails, so I redid the booking thing on-line & got a different person to work with who was extremely helpful.

Our next trip I booked on-board with the 10% discount & named DU as our travel agent so I could get the OBC. They didn't really do anything but all I really wanted was the obc ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter