Booking strategy question

AinW

Mouseketeer
My apologies if this has been answered somewhere else - I searched and couldn't find it.

I want to book stays at 2 different DVC resorts for next August (1 week in a studio, 1 week in a 1 bedroom). Is there any reason I should not protect myself by booking both weeks at my home resort (separate reservations) when that window opens then at the 7 month window trying to change my studio reservation to the other resort where I would like to stay? The points at both are the same. If I'm not able to change to a different resort at the 7 month mark I would be willing to keep my home resort reservation.

Thanks to all of you knowledgeable DVC members for your help and advice!

It's a good idea to book your home resort, that way you will definitely have a place to stay.

Just remember you will need to cancel the original and immediately book the new resv if using the same points.

And there isn't any guarantee that between the time that you cancel and re-book, that someone doesn't swoop in and take some of the nights that you wanted for your new reservation.

:earsboy: Bill

And there isn't any guarantee that between the time that you cancel and re-book, that someone doesn't swoop in and take some of the nights that you wanted for your new reservation.

:earsboy: Bill

AND the nights for your old reservation! That's the worst case scenario, but it leaves you no worse off than if you hadn't booked it to begin with.

Just to add here, I would do this on the phone to MS, not online, as all the problems listed above MAY be avoided if they have your new ressie on their screen, cancel the old one, and book the new one all in one fell swoop. Also avoids that pesky internet glitch that always seems to happen when you don't need it to.

Thanks everyone! Knew you guys would know! We've been planning this trip for two years as a special trip for my dd's 16th birthday so really want it to be as perfect as possible!

What is the studio switch (resort to resort) that you will be trying to do in Aug?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter