Booking Disneyland?

I got locked out of a one-bedroom at 8 AM on the 15th (it was available the night before at midnight, but gone right at 8 AM). Going to try and get the 17th and 18th still, but very bummed we won't be able to stay there for the whole trip. Crossing my fingers those last two days get snatched up.

OP - not sure how long you are going to stay. You can try waitlisting but it is a lot less likely than at WDW. The shorter the window you wait list, the better off you are. If you are going for 4 days, waitlist 2 and 2 days to see if you can get in. Using your points to stay at the DL hotel cost a LOT more.

I got locked out of a one-bedroom at 8 AM on the 15th (it was available the night before at midnight, but gone right at 8 AM). Going to try and get the 17th and 18th still, but very bummed we won't be able to stay there for the whole trip. Crossing my fingers those last two days get snatched up.

OP - not sure how long you are going to stay. You can try waitlisting but it is a lot less likely than at WDW. The shorter the window you wait list, the better off you are. If you are going for 4 days, waitlist 2 and 2 days to see if you can get in. Using your points to stay at the DL hotel cost a LOT more.
that aint no lie about the point value being higher at the other resorts. GC is 32 points the night I want and 64 the same night at Disneyland Hotel!

The same thing happened to me. I got locked out of a one-bedroom at 8am, 7months out, for the first day of our trip in February. This was for the week before the days you wanted. However, I was able to get the next three days the next morning. I hope you were able to get the days you needed. :)

Last edited:
This thread has been useful to me. We are going next year....sometime between Mid sept and Early Dec. Super flexible so probably will just start looking at 7 months out from mid sept and book something when we can and go from there.

The same thing happened to me. I got locked out of a one-bedroom at 8am, 7months out, for the first day of our trip in February. This was for the week before the days you wanted. However, I was able to get the next three days the next morning. I hope you were able to get the days you needed. :)

Well, I got locked out of the last day as well right at 8 AM...so looks like it's the waitlist for me. :(

Well, I got locked out of the last day as well right at 8 AM...so looks like it's the waitlist for me. :(

Oh no...Well, I'm on the waitlist for our first night, but we'll see. We'll probably end up at one of the other hotels for our first night. Good luck!

Locked out of the last day but you got your middle day? I don't quite understand. Do you mean you were trying to book the 17th and 18th but then the 18th disappeared?

Are you forced to do day by day booking?

I too was trying, obviously a popular week with everyone trying at 7 months.

I tried at midnight. Are you saying it's technically first time is 8:00 AM. Assume EST

I tried at midnight. Are you saying it's technically first time is 8:00 AM. Assume EST

Online booking opens at 8 am eastern or MS at 9 am.

When you book you can reserve up to 7 nights which is why I am confused about skier pete losing out on the last night.

Locked out of the last day but you got your middle day? I don't quite understand. Do you mean you were trying to book the 17th and 18th but then the 18th disappeared?

So on the 15th I tried to book the three nights starting on the 15th (we would either stay 3 nights the 15th-17th or 16-18th). Both 15th and 16th went poof at 8 AM on the 15th.
The on the 17th I tried to book the 17th and 18th. I actually got through the first screen, but then when I clicked to book, it disappeared. (this was the worst).
On the 18th I tried for one night - and NO GO.

Obviously a popular week - It is presidents week so a lot of schools on the east coast are off, but I was still surprised the one-bedrooms vanished so quickly. Unfortunately, we have to go that week. We'll see what happens with the waitlist.

So on the 15th I tried to book the three nights starting on the 15th (we would either stay 3 nights the 15th-17th or 16-18th). Both 15th and 16th went poof at 8 AM on the 15th.
The on the 17th I tried to book the 17th and 18th. I actually got through the first screen, but then when I clicked to book, it disappeared. (this was the worst).

Obviously a popular week - It is presidents week so a lot of schools on the east coast are off, but I was still surprised the one-bedrooms vanished so quickly. Unfortunately, we have to go that week. We'll see what happens with the waitlist.

Got it - I had something similar with a BCV room a couple weeks ago when a lot opened up. I was surprised by the availability and dismissed it at first. Then started thinking it would be good for our group. I had looked at it multiple times over the day and then of course when I went to book not all the days were still there. Then while booking the remaining another one disappeared between finding it and selecting it. :(

Got it - I had something similar with a BCV room a couple weeks ago when a lot opened up. I was surprised by the availability and dismissed it at first. Then started thinking it would be good for our group. I had looked at it multiple times over the day and then of course when I went to book not all the days were still there. Then while booking the remaining another one disappeared between finding it and selecting it. :(

So, another question. Have you tried walking a reservation in advance thereby getting you first day of what you want on a 7 day in advance reservation? Have to have points to,do it, but does that work?

So, another question. Have you tried walking a reservation in advance thereby getting you first day of what you want on a 7 day in advance reservation? Have to have points to,do it, but does that work?

That could work quite well at 11 months but might not at 7 months since you could run into gaps between when you could start walking and when you really wish your reservation to start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter