Booking Disneyland?

acomasdiaz

DIS Veteran
We would like to go to Disneyland in January. Unfortunately, VGC is already full for studios and 1-bdrooms for the dates we are looking at. Considering transferring our points to one of the Disney hotels. I was told availability is not open yet. Any idea when they will open up?

We would like to go to Disneyland in January. Unfortunately, VGC is already full for studios and 1-bdrooms for the dates we are looking at. Considering transferring our points to one of the Disney hotels. I was told availability is not open yet. Any idea when they will open up?

After Disney forecasts if they have empty rooms. They will always sell the rooms to cash guests first, make them available to DVC if there is plenty of inventory.

:earsboy: Bill

I think it would be sometime in Aug or maybe Sept. It should happen once the set prices for next year on cash rooms and release inventory.

I booked a week at VGC yesterday and today. (Started yesterday and had to finish up today.) Just curious--What dates were you looking for?

Is it possible to book VGC at 7 months for Sept? Or do you absolutely have to own there to stay there. I would like to do probably just a once in a lifetime trip to see Disneyland, something I've always wanted to do, but live close to WDW so have always gone there.

Is it possible to book VGC at 7 months for Sept? Or do you absolutely have to own there to stay there. I would like to do probably just a once in a lifetime trip to see Disneyland, something I've always wanted to do, but live close to WDW so have always gone there.
I live near Disneyland and book the Grand Cal inside 7 months fairly often. If you don't get all the nights you wish on the first try -- USE THE WAITLIST.

It's surprisingly possible to stay at VGC even if you don't owm there. You do want to be online right at 7 months and if for some reason you don't get it waitlist. Or if you can have some flexibility you'll most likely get something without a waitlist. 1 bedrooms also make it easier.

I'm 4 For 4 at 7 months for VGC, including next month Sunday-Wednesday nights before D23. Then we are moving to Paradise Pier in a cash room for the weekend.

Hmm, this sounds encouraging everybody, thank you! Maybe I will try for next year's trip then and see what's going on at 7 months.

We've booked there at the 7 month mark before. So, hopefully you'll be able to get in.

We are looking for availability in January for the Star Wars marathon weekend. At the 7 month mark everything was already booked up.

We've booked there at the 7 month mark before. So, hopefully you'll be able to get in.

We are looking for availability in January for the Star Wars marathon weekend. At the 7 month mark everything was already booked up.

Did you waitlist? I had one come thru for that weekend this past year but then we ended up canceling too so then someone else got it. :)

we booked a 1 bedroom at 7 months for october. studio first day was not available but 1 bedroom was for our length of stay so we decided to pick it up and not wait list studio.

I live near Disneyland and book the Grand Cal inside 7 months fairly often. If you don't get all the nights you wish on the first try -- USE THE WAITLIST.

Definetly.
I booked two nights for November but decided to add one. I created a waitlist and got it today, just three days later!
I wasn't expecting it to be so fast!
Don't expect to get a week long waitlist, maybe try two one-night waitlists and expand from there night by night. And stalk the website.

I have gotten a 1 bedroom 3 times at exactly 7 months. This year we didn't know our plans until 5 months out and need a studio for 2 nights. I was able to grab 1 night by stalking and WL the other night (and I keep stalking). We have 2 months left, I am hoping someone cancels but not counting on it.

Congrats Zavandor for only being on the WL for 3 days that is awesome!!

So just got a last minute work trip to San Diego so I am going to stay one night up at Disneyland on my dime.

Is it an exercise in futility to even attempt a wait list for a studio at one month out? I mean, I did it, but I was wondering if it is even a remote possibility.

Jennifer

So just got a last minute work trip to San Diego so I am going to stay one night up at Disneyland on my dime.

Is it an exercise in futility to even attempt a wait list for a studio at one month out? I mean, I did it, but I was wondering if it is even a remote possibility.

Jennifer

Might as well try. I'll see days open up a week or even a day ahead of what would be check in.

I usually use points for a DLR hotel stay and had never heard of this response from MS before. More or less that " they were all booked up either this one or that one but never not open yet."

I usually use points for a DLR hotel stay and had never heard of this response from MS before. More or less that " they were all booked up either this one or that one but never not open yet."

Disneyland doesn't set their prices for the next year for a good while, though. It's possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter