Booked with Expedia

tinks_1989

<font color=teal>need a <b>like</b> button<br><fon
Hello,

For our next trip Disney would like our booking number well we booked through Expedia does that make a difference to what our booking number with them will be?

I'm not sure what you mean Tinks?
The reference number we've had for onsite through Expedia has been similar, but not the same, as direct with Disney (I think the first letter was different, for example).

You can still use it to contact Disney with any room requests etc, but the hotel will not have your specific name and room booking reference until 3 days or so before your check-in date, as you've booked through an agent.

DLPdaft said:
I'm not sure what you mean Tinks?
The reference number we've had for onsite through Expedia has been similar, but not the same, as direct with Disney (I think the first letter was different, for example).

You can still use it to contact Disney with any room requests etc, but the hotel will not have your specific name and room booking reference until 3 days or so before your check-in date, as you've booked through an agent.

Ah right thanks,

Disney asked for our reference number so they can make reference to our request and said the quality manager will ensure we have a great stay! :) but when I looked at the Expedia number it didn't look the same. Oh well I have sent it now.

Thanks

X

Ah right thanks,

Disney asked for our reference number so they can make reference to our request and said the quality manager will ensure we have a great stay! :) but when I looked at the Expedia number it didn't look the same. Oh well I have sent it now.

Thanks

X

Hope you got it sorted :thumbsup2.

Was this reference your complaint from previous trip (sorry, being nosey!)? I often wonder if they 'do' anything with these things as you hear of quite a few people having this almost standard reply about making the stay great/wonderful.... Didn't you say they did nothing last time.... :sad1: In some ways, it's better they just apologise than almost promise something and then don't follow through....

I wondered about this after our disastrous stay at the DLH in June.... I have horrible visions of us turning up again and having the same issues, despite my writing to them to inform them what happened.... It honestly wouldn't surprise me, BUT, I'm going to be positive and hope it is like previous stays at the DLH which have been great ;).

Anyway, hope you get some pixie dust pixiedust:.

Hope you got it sorted :thumbsup2.

Was this reference your complaint from previous trip (sorry, being nosey!)? I often wonder if they 'do' anything with these things as you hear of quite a few people having this almost standard reply about making the stay great/wonderful.... Didn't you say they did nothing last time.... :sad1: In some ways, it's better they just apologise than almost promise something and then don't follow through....

I wondered about this after our disastrous stay at the DLH in June.... I have horrible visions of us turning up again and having the same issues, despite my writing to them to inform them what happened.... It honestly wouldn't surprise me, BUT, I'm going to be positive and hope it is like previous stays at the DLH which have been great ;).

Anyway, hope you get some pixie dust pixiedust:.

Yes and Yes

Yes we have been offered something like this before. Hoping 3rd time lucky lol! I have mentioned that they have done something like this before etc.

Yes its from our previous trip the lady I have been emailing is the same lady I have spoke to after our last couple visits I always email to say thank you for the brilliant holiday we have had. Im hoping may be as she knows we have been so many times before and enjoyed our selves she knows Im not just a complainer expecting something out of them if you kno what I mean.

I hope you have a better time next time. It must be really disappointing staying at DLH expecting the most amazing trip and leaving unhappy with your stay there.

Yes and Yes

Yes we have been offered something like this before. Hoping 3rd time lucky lol! I have mentioned that they have done something like this before etc.

Yes its from our previous trip the lady I have been emailing is the same lady I have spoke to after our last couple visits I always email to say thank you for the brilliant holiday we have had. Im hoping may be as she knows we have been so many times before and enjoyed our selves she knows Im not just a complainer expecting something out of them if you kno what I mean.

I hope you have a better time next time. It must be really disappointing staying at DLH expecting the most amazing trip and leaving unhappy with your stay there.

Ah, I see! Fingers crossed for you. If they don't live up to their service standards then they should do something even if it's just give you a box of chocolates or something! Saying they will ensure you have a magical time next time and doing nothing at all is wrong! Even if they just made themselves known to you at the hotel and asked you to contact them were there any issues - personable, you know?

Totally agree though, I've never complained on previous visits and have actually sent two emails of thanks about CMs or characters who made our stays amazing/just went the extra mile and were polite etc. Even this time, despite the DLH issues, I thanked Snow White at the Auberge as she was just fabulous with my girls. I think praise where it's due is just as important!

As for the DLH this time, well, it has to be better than last time - I had to keep checking we weren't staying at Fawlty Towers :rotfl2:! It is really important that everything goes smoothly for us (I'm not talking extras or gilding but just standard, good old service) as it's a special Wedding Anniversary for us, and my parents are coming with us as well - so a family break :cheer2:.

Ah, I see! Fingers crossed for you. If they don't live up to their service standards then they should do something even if it's just give you a box of chocolates or something! Saying they will ensure you have a magical time next time and doing nothing at all is wrong! Even if they just made themselves known to you at the hotel and asked you to contact them were there any issues - personable, you know?

Totally agree though, I've never complained on previous visits and have actually sent two emails of thanks about CMs or characters who made our stays amazing/just went the extra mile and were polite etc. Even this time, despite the DLH issues, I thanked Snow White at the Auberge as she was just fabulous with my girls. I think praise where it's due is just as important!

As for the DLH this time, well, it has to be better than last time - I had to keep checking we weren't staying at Fawlty Towers :rotfl2:! It is really important that everything goes smoothly for us (I'm not talking extras or gilding but just standard, good old service) as it's a special Wedding Anniversary for us, and my parents are coming with us as well - so a family break :cheer2:.

Yeah I'm not expecting an upgrade, flowers, balloons or Mickey Mouse greeting. Just friendly service we expect from Disney.

We wont be arriving till almost 10pm so I really hope we dont have any problems with the room.

Im really excited about our trip now even DH has said he is the most excited he has ever been for Christmas and watching Christmas parades etc on Youtube has made him look forward to seeing Elsie on Main Street in the fake snow!

Im really excited about our trip now even DH has said he is the most excited he has ever been for Christmas and watching Christmas parades etc on Youtube has made him look forward to seeing Elsie on Main Street in the fake snow!

Aww bless him. My DH asked me last night "do you think the park will be done out for Christmas when we go?" :faint:.... He has NO idea.... but I've decided not to 'introduce' him to any photos or anything (he won't think to look for any!), and I think he'll be pleasantly surprised :thumbsup2.

Aww bless him. My DH asked me last night "do you think the park will be done out for Christmas when we go?" :faint:.... He has NO idea.... but I've decided not to 'introduce' him to any photos or anything (he won't think to look for any!), and I think he'll be pleasantly surprised :thumbsup2.

Aw the unplanned folk lol! Imagine if we did leave it to them? Shudder! :lmao:

tinks_1989 said:
Aw the unplanned folk lol! Imagine if we did leave it to them? Shudder! :lmao:

Lol imagine. Its the stuff nightmares are made of!

Lol it really is!

Yep! We'd probably not even end up in the Park if I left it to him. We'd be wandering round WDS thinking 'is this all there is to DLRP?' :rotfl2:

Reminds me of the Brit Guide (an old edition, not sure if it's still in new edition) where they quote one family who were on day 2 or something of their holiday and had thought the Village was all there was - they hadn't even made it into the Magic Kingdom :lmao:..... That would be us. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter