Booked RPR for August

I just need a great deal on USF tickets and this is another surprise we will keep for the troops :goodvibes That is unless they read this :headache::rolleyes1

I have just booked 2 nights in Hard Rock Hotel in June for $410 it is usually around the $700 mark including taxes!
whoooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Thanks for posting!

I had already booked Fairfield Inn - Marriott village @ £53/night for 2 nights in Aug, before the DDP starts,
I checked availability this morning, after receiving a PM from Wayne, to find the online reservations not working :scared1:
After 3 or 4 tries I struck gold :rolleyes1..... so it looks like I may be neighbours for a few days with my Yorkshire travel agent! :rotfl:
Fortunately, when booking the Fairfield, for an extra £6.50, I took out the cancellation insurance, to get a full refund :thumbsup2

Great find Wayne, thanks for sharing! I've stayed at both RPR and HRH and I have to say I preferred RPR. I'm not the greatest fan of Universal but DBF is, so I might be nice and book us one night there again for next year!! :rotfl:

Excellent tip! - I just booked 1 night at HRH for next July :goodvibes
None of us are that fond of Universal but I know the kids will want to see HP land- so 1 night and FOTL passes will be perfect:thumbsup2

Good news indeed, following all this advice I have completely ignored it all ;) but....we have booked flights for 22nd August for 16 nights with MajorTravel , accomodation not yet sorted.

HRH looks fab for me but not Julie and Joshua's thing I suspect.

Something I have never done before, booked a hotel before flights but didn't want to miss the price error. Thanks to scottishgirl87 :goodvibes for posting. $152.29/night intead of $262.33 ($236.10 Annual pass rate)
Can cancel for full refund(1 night deposit) if a better rate appears.:thumbsup2
Didn't know which to go for, just spent about an hour looking at Royal Pacific or Portofino Bay, neither of us liked look of Hard Rock. Portofino was only about $30/night more but we liked look of Royal Pacific more so went for that, smaller room but not bothered about that, won't be in it much.
1st time at Universal hotel, after lines this August we said we would have a few nights onsite next year for front of line access, it will no doubt be even worse with Harry Potter land.
Royal Pacific August 5th-8th
Hi Wayne, Have you booked at the start of your hol or are you going to go during your OKW/SSR stay? We just booked RPR for the 1 night last year & just took an overnight bag. I suppose it works out a bit if an expense though for 3 nights. Love RPR stayed there twice now (just for 1 night) always say we'l stay for longer next time but we are very much Disney onsite people. Very tempted to book this though but would prefer in middle of holiday & to have flights.

Hi Wayne, Have you booked at the start of your hol or are you going to go during your OKW/SSR stay? We just booked RPR for the 1 night last year & just took an overnight bag. I suppose it works out a bit if an expense though for 3 nights. Love RPR stayed there twice now (just for 1 night) always say we'l stay for longer next time but we are very much Disney onsite people. Very tempted to book this though but would prefer in middle of holiday & to have flights.

Hi Sharon.
Hoping to get flights 4th-29th, this would work out 1st night at somewhere like Fairfield Inn or Country Inn etc. 3 nights RPR then 21 nights either OKW or SSR. If we get flight out on the 5th will then go straight to RPR. If return flight is before the 29th we can cut nights at Disney.

If you like the offer and it doesn't fit into your final plans you can cancel for full refund.

Thanks Wayne, I'm tempted but really unsure of the dates as it stands Norman can only get 3 weeks off (incl bank hol) I know the prices are usually cheaper Mon -Thurs so prob looking at Mon 16/8 - Thurs 2/9 but have seen some flights to be cheaper on Sat 14/8 giving us an extra couple of days in Disney & not taking any extra hols. Last year the AP saved us an $100 (incl tax) for the one night. How did you get the AP rate up it says promotion unavavailable when I try?

Just tried it & ap rate is $197 + tax, last year it was $129 + tax. The standard rate is still the same at $219. Looks like i better make some decisions, quickly.

I would expect the AP rate to come down nearer the time, they usually do. I will check every few weeks and re-book if any better rates appear.

We've also booked following the tipoff - 4 nights at the beginning of our holiday (end July/early August), then a week at OKW at the reduced rate and free DDP - just need somewhere for our final week.

Does anyone know when the actual 7 for 4 offer finishes??

I may be able to get RPR for a week, depending on our budget, as I could sacrifice on our hotel the other week! But it depends when this offer finishes.

Does anyone know how much they charge if you need to move the dates you book? I know disney usually charge £25 - anyone know if universal are the same?

Hi Wayne,

19th September for 7 nights.

Thanks

The price I get for 7 nights, although in May is around £730 for the week! Spoke to someone on The Dibb as well who has booked for July and it's the same rate for them too :)

Oh yeah when I search 19th September it says PROMOTION NOT AVAILABLE :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter