• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Book it. Buy it. BELIEVE it! - TR is started! link posted 8/11

What a great couple of updates!!!

I love your plan at Kidani/AK. What a great add-on!

I like Jeff's style- a man who knows what he wants, and he wants some pretty cool stuff! The AK tour sounds really great. The cabanas sound divine. And I do recommend Atlantis!

We will be in Atlantis in a couple of weeks. We stayed at the resort in February 2009 and we are going back during spring break. This time we are staying at Comfort Suites. I plan on doing a mini-trippie after the vacation, so I will let you know when that is starting.

Now, is there any chance that you can hook up with a family of 3 that is going on the same cruise and is interested in a trip to Atlantis? You pay for one room at Comfort Suites, they pay for the other and you chip in a little for the 5th bracelet you need? A little risky, but with all of the pre-cruise meet and greet boards, perhaps something could work out.

PS- I forgot to log in a guess at where you will eat. Let's say Earl of Sandwich. With all the delicious cruise food you will be consuming, a couple of subs might just hit the spot!

:rotfl2: I'm all caught up again - this last update had me laughing! LOVE IT!!! And all sounds like wonderful plans to me!

I didn't read through the chit-chat; however, get a day room at the Comfort Suites right next to Atlantis and you will have access to all they offer. It's NOT through DCL (so there is that slight risk), but will be less than $200. :goodvibes A cab/taxi there will run you between $1.50 and $4.00 per person each way.

I hope you get your cabana!!!!! :banana::banana::banana: (if you don't, and you have an early port arrival time go STRAIGHT to wherever your Navigator says to go, do not wait for the times to open-go there straightway and get on the waiting list-you'll likely get one!)

What did you slip in Jeff's drink??? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

So funny that he spouted all those wants all at once. Sounds like he is really working the seaplane angle and seeing that you get something you want too. How nice.

Amazing!
Seems like your DH has finally given in to Disney. :rotfl:

I hope you're able to reserve a cabana.

Yeah, he's jumped in...or at least had a significant moment of it! We will see on the cabana, they do look pretty darn cool although I'm still having a bit of sticker shock.

Too funny that Jeff was throwing so many curve balls at dinner. :lmao: Atlantis and the cabana? I wouldn't be able to say no to either of those. :thumbsup2 Charles has mentioned retiring to Florida as well -- the older he gets the more he hates the cold. Maybe we can buy houses near each other in the Keys. ::yes::

Ooh I love that idea Jackie! :thumbsup2 Wouldn't that be fun?

Just popping in to say I cannot imagine who difficult it must be to schedule a family vacation with 4 kids in 2 different school districts ... Not to mention everything else that goes into picking dates for a vacation.

Technically 3 different districts if you count college as a district. :rotfl: It is a bit nutty. Jeff's mom is here for Easter and only 1 of the kids is on break during her visit.

I tried all weekend to put a Disneyland trip together but I just cannot make the dates work....very, very frustrating! Saturday it looked like we might be able to pull off a May trip but yesterday we realized that DS has his MSP tests right in the same time period we wanted to go to DLR. DS's birthday is in May and I would love to combine his birthday with a trip to DLR. We talked about June/July but with Grad nights and Carsland opening, that didn't seem like the best time to go either. I am going to Scottsdale in August for a girls weekend...of course, DH so nicely offered to take the kids while I was in AZ!:rotfl2: Uh, no way!! So our next opportunity is end of Sept/beginning of Oct because we have school conferences that week and I wouldn't feel as guilty pulling them out of school on a couple of half days.....

UGH! I totally hear you there, I'd really wanted to do a spring break trip this year and just no way to make it work. I spent a few hours not all that long ago trying to find a time that wasn't summer to do a giant family trip with my side and gave up, I had figured out dates and then realized the MSP would be a problem. Bummer as I was totally prepared to have kids miss school so we could do Star Wars Weekends. Which means it is now postponed until Dec/Jan 2013/14 which is an awfully long ways away! But at least it's not in July and I'll finally get to see the Osbourne Lights!

I may have to sneak down to DLR between now and then to give the kids a fix.

I'm mildly freaked out about the MSP, I realized in the 2nd week of testing he's got 2 track meets and 2 baseball games. Most concerned about the baseball game the night before the writing MSP as that's his biggest area of weakness. UGH.

Anyway, I can appreciate how difficult it must be to figure out dates for 4 kids and 2 adults and not get discouraged!
It can be frustrating to be sure!

What a great couple of updates!!!

I love your plan at Kidani/AK. What a great add-on!

I like Jeff's style- a man who knows what he wants, and he wants some pretty cool stuff! The AK tour sounds really great. The cabanas sound divine. And I do recommend Atlantis!

I am pleased about the AK day, the E's are going to end up with a huge gap in WDW trips. They haven't been since August of 2010 and now it looks like it will be late Dec 2013 before the next trip so the one day will be nice to sort of tide them over. They'll have had Disney between the Wonder cruise in 2011 and then this summer on the Dream and at Vero but awfully short on park time! I may need to figure out an escape to DLR next spring...but then again I'd kind of rather do Aulani! Wonder if I can get Jeff to go for Aulani for President's week and DLR for Spring Break. Of course how that would all work with rebooking a cruise is another question though I bet he's going to want a cruise break. Then again, you never know, he's full of surprises these days.

:rotfl:

I think the backstage tour will be fascinating. It's kind of cool that it's for 16 and up. She will just be old enough and it's easy to explain why the E's can't go. It lets it be soemthing just for her and Jeff which I think will be fabulous.

She and I will do the spa. :rotfl: Probably at Vero although there is a teen spa on the Dream....

We will be in Atlantis in a couple of weeks. We stayed at the resort in February 2009 and we are going back during spring break. This time we are staying at Comfort Suites. I plan on doing a mini-trippie after the vacation, so I will let you know when that is starting.

Now, is there any chance that you can hook up with a family of 3 that is going on the same cruise and is interested in a trip to Atlantis? You pay for one room at Comfort Suites, they pay for the other and you chip in a little for the 5th bracelet you need? A little risky, but with all of the pre-cruise meet and greet boards, perhaps something could work out.

That's actually a great idea although there appears to be nothing happening meet wise or FE wise. Kids are a bit bummed about the FE but oh well.

PS- I forgot to log in a guess at where you will eat. Let's say Earl of Sandwich. With all the delicious cruise food you will be consuming, a couple of subs might just hit the spot!

I think you are only the second guesser!

:cool1: love that retiring/ CM convo you had :thumbsup2 Matt and I have that convo quite often ;)

Honestly I don't think Jeff would have the patience for it but I guess they need backstage people too so...you never know!

:rotfl2: I'm all caught up again - this last update had me laughing! LOVE IT!!! And all sounds like wonderful plans to me!

It was such a bizarre night it's still a little surreal to me.

I didn't read through the chit-chat; however, get a day room at the Comfort Suites right next to Atlantis and you will have access to all they offer. It's NOT through DCL (so there is that slight risk), but will be less than $200. :goodvibes A cab/taxi there will run you between $1.50 and $4.00 per person each way.

Yeah, unfortunately because we are a party of 5 it doesn't work. Their rooms are only for 4, so only 4 wristbands. We'd have to get 2 rooms which would actually cost more than the DCL option.

I hope you get your cabana!!!!! :banana::banana::banana: (if you don't, and you have an early port arrival time go STRAIGHT to wherever your Navigator says to go, do not wait for the times to open-go there straightway and get on the waiting list-you'll likely get one!)

That's great to know. Our booking window opens on May 3rd so I'll be logging in at 9pm on the 2nd to try and snag on!

What did you slip in Jeff's drink??? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

So funny that he spouted all those wants all at once. Sounds like he is really working the seaplane angle and seeing that you get something you want too. How nice.

[COLOR][/SIZE]
sounds like that mexican joint will be your new go to restraunt when you want to book future trips.
:thumbsup2
Dan! You understand women well!:rotfl2:

Cynthia, Wow! I didn't realize you were having so much fun while I was off in the desert! It's wonderful you had such a nice getaway at the coast - I know the rain doesn't bother you at all!:thumbsup2

I love all the add-ons to your trip! Disney math is the best:yay: Staying at AKL will be such a nice relaxing way to end your trip!

[COLOR][/SIZE]
Dan! You understand women well!:rotfl2:

Cynthia, Wow! I didn't realize you were having so much fun while I was off in the desert! It's wonderful you had such a nice getaway at the coast - I know the rain doesn't bother you at all!:thumbsup2

I love all the add-ons to your trip! Disney math is the best:yay: Staying at AKL will be such a nice relaxing way to end your trip!

How was the desert? I'm so behind everywhere, my MIL was here for Easter weekend and it's been nuts. Off on a work trip tomorrow but will probably get some nice DISing time at night as a result to get caught up!

We are happy with the add ons. Not sure what will stick at this point but it's a fun plan for now!

Cynthia I am caught up and commenting backwards because I just LOVE LOVE LOVE how those margaritas seemed to have worked oh so well on Jeff :lmao::lmao:

That is awesome that he is really looking forward to enjoying family time on the cruise and afterwards. How funny that you had not realized just how much he enjoys AK! (BTW just noticed the picture of you on the rope bridge in your intro this morning. have to show that one to DH who is still trying to get his head around the bridge!) Can't wait to hear how they like doing the Backstage tour. That's the one we were going to do till DH saw the Wild Africa Trek.

Your President's weekend sounded like such a great refresher. no stress, just some fun time, hanging out, playing & enjoying a bit of adult time. How great that the E's are finally big enough to enjoy a little freedom. I am still working on reminding my DH that DD *CAN* be down the street playing without me being on top of her all the time. Hard to let our kids grow and be independent but the E's are handling it well - YAY!

The photos are awesome - I LOVE the airplane water park, and am chuckling that its a big shock :rolleyes: that Jeff planned your trip around an aero-space theme. :lmao:seems like he's getting pretty good at planning these mini trips!

After our 2nd trip to WDW, my DH also has talked very seriously about retiring in FL. He would LOVE to be a PT CM at WDW! (ok, so would I LOL) If we didn't have elderly family members, I think we'd be heading there sooner.

Yeah, unfortunately because we are a party of 5 it doesn't work. Their rooms are only for 4, so only 4 wristbands. We'd have to get 2 rooms which would actually cost more than the DCL option.

Ahhhh...LAME! :headache:

Have you checked the price of a day pass only? I think it's pretty close to what DCL charges though..

I think I read this a few days ago and had meant to reply... :rotfl: Anyway...the excursions sound great, although there still seems to be so much about cruising I have no clue about. And retiring in Florida....that sounds nice, too...if a bit more abstract. :goodvibes Your day in AK will be great, too.

How was the desert? I'm so behind everywhere, my MIL was here for Easter weekend and it's been nuts. Off on a work trip tomorrow but will probably get some nice DISing time at night as a result to get caught up!

We are happy with the add ons. Not sure what will stick at this point but it's a fun plan for now!

The desert was beautiful! Warm and sunny - still snowing here. :mad: We are finding it will be better for us to be in the area before we try to purchase, so we picked out a nice apartment (small though) that is pretty much it's own little resort - we may rent there while we look for a home. Should be a nice little break.

i certainly due

how else do you think i married up

You two make a great couple! :hug:

:goodvibesand lucky

Cynthia I am caught up and commenting backwards because I just LOVE LOVE LOVE how those margaritas seemed to have worked oh so well on Jeff :lmao::lmao:

That is awesome that he is really looking forward to enjoying family time on the cruise and afterwards. How funny that you had not realized just how much he enjoys AK! (BTW just noticed the picture of you on the rope bridge in your intro this morning. have to show that one to DH who is still trying to get his head around the bridge!) Can't wait to hear how they like doing the Backstage tour. That's the one we were going to do till DH saw the Wild Africa Trek.

I knew he liked it and was frustrated the last trip with not having enough time there but favorite park status? Not a clue. Didn't know he had a favorite park at all.

The bridge is no big deal, definitely manufactured to appear rickety in classic disney style. I bounced on it (which did annoy a couple of folks behind me lol).

Your President's weekend sounded like such a great refresher. no stress, just some fun time, hanging out, playing & enjoying a bit of adult time. How great that the E's are finally big enough to enjoy a little freedom. I am still working on reminding my DH that DD *CAN* be down the street playing without me being on top of her all the time. Hard to let our kids grow and be independent but the E's are handling it well - YAY!

The photos are awesome - I LOVE the airplane water park, and am chuckling that its a big shock :rolleyes: that Jeff planned your trip around an aero-space theme. :lmao:seems like he's getting pretty good at planning these mini trips!

After our 2nd trip to WDW, my DH also has talked very seriously about retiring in FL. He would LOVE to be a PT CM at WDW! (ok, so would I LOL) If we didn't have elderly family members, I think we'd be heading there sooner.

No surprise that the trip had a theme, more of the surprise was that he handled all the bookings and route!

Have you checked the price of a day pass only? I think it's pretty close to what DCL charges though..

Yeah, it is close and can sell out so DCL is a better option to guarantee space. Headache is right!

I think I read this a few days ago and had meant to reply... :rotfl: Anyway...the excursions sound great, although there still seems to be so much about cruising I have no clue about. And retiring in Florida....that sounds nice, too...if a bit more abstract. :goodvibes Your day in AK will be great, too.

It will be interesting ot see what we end up with, booking isn't until 5/2

The desert was beautiful! Warm and sunny - still snowing here. :mad: We are finding it will be better for us to be in the area before we try to purchase, so we picked out a nice apartment (small though) that is pretty much it's own little resort - we may rent there while we look for a home. Should be a nice little break.

we smart to just rent first and figure out where you want to be. We've been all over the board with the weather, Easter weekend was perfection but then it's been cold and windy and rainy again. I'm in Vegas (on my way home today) for a work seminar and it's cold here! Well, cold for Vegas anyway, really not that bad but the winds are out for sure.

:goodvibesand lucky

I knew he liked it and was frustrated the last trip with not having enough time there but favorite park status? Not a clue. Didn't know he had a favorite park at all.

The bridge is no big deal, definitely manufactured to appear rickety in classic disney style. I bounced on it (which did annoy a couple of folks behind me lol).

No surprise that the trip had a theme, more of the surprise was that he handled all the bookings and route!

Yeah, it is close and can sell out so DCL is a better option to guarantee space. Headache is right!

It will be interesting ot see what we end up with, booking isn't until 5/2

we smart to just rent first and figure out where you want to be. We've been all over the board with the weather, Easter weekend was perfection but then it's been cold and windy and rainy again. I'm in Vegas (on my way home today) for a work seminar and it's cold here! Well, cold for Vegas anyway, really not that bad but the winds are out for sure.

Cynthia, sorry I'm behind (again!). The engaged couple and my sick boss have been keeping me very busy the last three weeks.

What did you put in Jeff's drink? I sat with my mouth wide open as I was reading this last update.

That is great that he wants to do the excursion and get the cabana. And even greater he suggested retiring to Florida. But, as you said, you have a while before that happens (if luck is with us, we'll be there in three of four years in a nice condo in Naples or Orlando).

Hi Cynthia! :goodvibes I have just recently gotten back on the Dis and I saw that you started a new PTR. So, I had to finish your TR from your cruise (which looks like it was fabulous!) and now I am digging in on this one. I haven't made it that far yet, but wanted to say hi! Hopefully I will have more time to be back on the site and even more hopefully start to resume my old TR that has been waiting for me to finish. :confused3

I will comment again once I'm caught up. It looks like this is going to be an interesting trip for you! I also had one question for you...You mentioned that you had sinus surgery. Could you give me some info? I just found out I have to have a sinus surgery too, and I'm interested in hearing your story about it (if you don't mind sharing). You could PM me about that, I would be grateful!

Cynthia, sorry I'm behind (again!). The engaged couple and my sick boss have been keeping me very busy the last three weeks.

What did you put in Jeff's drink? I sat with my mouth wide open as I was reading this last update.

I am in the same boat busy wise, between my MIL visiting, hosting Easter and a 4 day work seminar in Vegas it's been nuts! I had my mouth pretty far open too.

That is great that he wants to do the excursion and get the cabana. And even greater he suggested retiring to Florida. But, as you said, you have a while before that happens (if luck is with us, we'll be there in three of four years in a nice condo in Naples or Orlando).

I can tell you after this week's trip, no way will be it be anywhere in AZ, NM or NV. My eyes cannot take the dryness. Not that they were ever on the list but OW!

Hi Cynthia! :goodvibes I have just recently gotten back on the Dis and I saw that you started a new PTR. So, I had to finish your TR from your cruise (which looks like it was fabulous!) and now I am digging in on this one. I haven't made it that far yet, but wanted to say hi! Hopefully I will have more time to be back on the site and even more hopefully start to resume my old TR that has been waiting for me to finish. :confused3
Hi Alison!!!

:welcome: so happy to "see" you!!!

The Alaska cruise was absolutely fabulous.

I will comment again once I'm caught up. It looks like this is going to be an interesting trip for you! I also had one question for you...You mentioned that you had sinus surgery. Could you give me some info? I just found out I have to have a sinus surgery too, and I'm interested in hearing your story about it (if you don't mind sharing). You could PM me about that, I would be grateful!

I will absolutely update you on the surgery, I'll PM you probably on FB as that's so much more user friendly. I had septoplasty and something else (forget what it's called) but basically additional rerouting beyond the deviated septum and then roto rootering. LOL!

3 months later now I can REALLY see the benefits of it, very glad I did it. Started really seeing benefits about 2 months after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter