• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Book it. Buy it. BELIEVE it! - TR is started! link posted 8/11

:faint: What the.....?

The first couple of loops, I was surprised.

I was in stunned disbelief by the time I got to the "we'd get part-time jobs as CMs" comment!

But it sounds like a great plan -- all the way from Atlantis, to a cabana, to a Backstage Safari, to retiring in Florida and working part-time at the World!

That sounds like we were drinking the same stuff! After driving through Celebration last week we have decided to relocate down there. It will be just in the next few years though....

OK... think we are all now taking our significant others to whatever that restaurant was for those 'ritas and hoping for a similar effect! :rotfl:

I agree with Anita - Celebration sounds like a great place to retire!

I hope one day my husband says that to me. Just need to work out how to get a work visa :confused:

Good update! Love the SUNNY picture of Atlantis and the cabanas!! I am sick of the rain and it looks like it is sticking around for the next week too - which my kids have off for spring break!

Your Oregon coast and Wash coast trip report was fun to read too! One day, I need to do that Tillamook tour, for sure! Several years ago, we planned a long weekend trip to Ocean Shores and ended up heading home early as there really wasn't much to do there. Last summer sans tagged at Lake Quinault and while on the Pennisula visited the beaches at La Push. Amazing!! What a beautiful place!! Definitely recommend La Push over Ocean Shores. But neither one can compare to all the things the OR coast offers in the way of hotels, restaurants (Starbucks!!) etc. :)

P.S. Have you ever been to La Carta in Ballard? Awesome Mexican food and margaritas!

That sounds like we were drinking the same stuff! After driving through Celebration last week we have decided to relocate down there. It will be just in the next few years though....

Wow - I guess you weren't kidding about this when you posted it on FB. :rotfl:

Wow! That was one heck of a margarita!

Atlantis is nice but very over priced. Look into rooms at the Comfort Suites....usually its cheaper to get a room there to get the wristbands for Atlantis. It's super easy and cheap to taxi over to Atlantis from the dock.

Jill in CO

Sadly the Comfort Suites won't work for us. I looked into it several months ago actually and because we are 5 people, we'd have to get 2 rooms (they don't have any rooms for 5) so it ends up being more expensive than booking through DCL. Booking a room at Atlantis directly, which some have had good luck with as well, was more. So it's DCL or not at all. It does look very cool but it's a chunk of change. Jeff is typically far more frugal than that so we will see as it gets closer if that idea sticks.

There are a few other excursion options that look ok, just not as fun as Atlantis but they are less. If we do it, it will be a surprise for the kids that day so that way they don't get their heart set on it and then we decide it's too much $$. Besides, I love having a few surprises!

I just picked my jaw up off the kitchen counter. WOW!

Wait - maybe he's using some kind of backwards psychology on you!

:rotfl: maybe!

Or - Maybe he is really tired of cold, wet, rain, damp, snow, ect. OK - that can happen as you age.
no, it's not the weather, it's all about living somewhere he can dock his plane outside our window and take off at any time. His chances for that are much higher there. He has a very strong agenda of his own. Actually I guess in some ways it is the weather, the reality of weather being conducive to him flying more is dramatically higher down there for a large part of the year. Seaplanes obviously do best in better weather! His vision is 1/2-3/4 of the time there, the rest up here over the summer.

Well, looks like you have some booking to do missy. Wait - why did you say it would be hard to get a cabana? Are the very limited in availability? I did not know that. I think the cabanas looks awesome.

Yeah, there are only something like 38 or 48 of them? I forget the number. Not a lot for a cruise that size and likely that platinum and gold will have snatched them before this lowly silver can book it. But it's worth a shot.

:faint: What the.....?

The first couple of loops, I was surprised.

I was in stunned disbelief by the time I got to the "we'd get part-time jobs as CMs" comment!

But it sounds like a great plan -- all the way from Atlantis, to a cabana, to a Backstage Safari, to retiring in Florida and working part-time at the World!

You and me both! It was interesting to say the least and fun food for thought. Not sure how much of it will actually ever happen but it was a fun conversation and certainly eye opening to me! He's working his own agenda for sure but awfully cute he's factoring mine in too! Win Win.

A few years, that sounds lovely! We've got probably 8 more years of regular school and then probably staying put through college so 12-13 years at a minimum. Jeff would love it to be then, after Eric is done but after 4 tuitions...I think 18-20 is a much more doable number.

It would have to be on a lake that the seaplane can land on, and dock. That's what he's looking for and FL is a huge community for that. I admit, he probably won't have to twist my arm! Other than the fact that my family is all here...but who knows by then.

:woohoo: Lots of GOOD decisions by your DH!!! :thumbsup2

I hope you score a Cabana ...... they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! We had one last year and just absolutely loved it. Yip, they are costly, but SO worth it!!

I let Tom read your post and he was very impressed. :lmao:

sounds like that mexican joint will be your new go to restraunt when you want to book future trips.
:thumbsup2

Did you have to get a second margarita? I would have!
Then I would have given him another one too - maybe a new car is in your future - Hey, he's in a spending mood, why not???

I wish my DH drank. :laughing:

We intend to be snowbirds and spend winters in FL when we retire. I'd be willing to work PT as a CM too! I won't do summers there though. It's way nicer here!

Love the idea of the cabana! I don't know how pricey they are, but it would be nice to have some private space!
I hope you get the excursions you (and Jeff) want!

OK... think we are all now taking our significant others to whatever that restaurant was for those 'ritas and hoping for a similar effect! :rotfl:

I certainly wasn't looking for any of it, it was pretty bizarre!

I agree with Anita - Celebration sounds like a great place to retire!

I can't see Jeff choosing Celebration. Not that there is anything wrong with it at all but it doesn't include a house on a lake with a seaplane dock.

:rotfl:

I hope one day my husband says that to me. Just need to work out how to get a work visa :confused:

Darn paperwork!

Good update! Love the SUNNY picture of Atlantis and the cabanas!! I am sick of the rain and it looks like it is sticking around for the next week too - which my kids have off for spring break!
I hear you, my MIL comes next weds which is K's spring break (T's was last week and the E's isn't for a couple more weeks) and it will probably still be soggy. Evan is supposed to have his baseball jamboree tomorrow, ugh!

Your Oregon coast and Wash coast trip report was fun to read too! One day, I need to do that Tillamook tour, for sure! Several years ago, we planned a long weekend trip to Ocean Shores and ended up heading home early as there really wasn't much to do there. Last summer sans tagged at Lake Quinault and while on the Pennisula visited the beaches at La Push. Amazing!! What a beautiful place!! Definitely recommend La Push over Ocean Shores. But neither one can compare to all the things the OR coast offers in the way of hotels, restaurants (Starbucks!!) etc. :)

I love Kalaloch and Quinault and camping in the Hoh! Fun stuff for sure. Ocean Shores is ok, I think it was more fun in college. :rotfl: Jeff wanted to go there, I was ambivalent and after this trip, not in a rush to go back. It is closer though from a pure driving standpoint than LaPush. Quinalt is probably about equal I'd imagine. I want to go to Cannon Beach in the not to distant future.

P.S. Have you ever been to La Carta in Ballard? Awesome Mexican food and margaritas!

Nope, we don't get down to Ballard a whole lot. In fact the only times we have recently have all been to go to La Isla (Puerto Rican). LOVE that place! The pulled pork lasagna with the plantains as "noodles" is just to die for!

For Mexican there are 2 places not too far from us that we really like. There are more than that of course but 2 that stick out both in food and drink. This time was at Pasion Tequila in Bothell. Advantage it has over the other place is the bar, which the other one doesn't have at all.

Nope, we don't get down to Ballard a whole lot. In fact the only times we have recently have all been to go to La Isla (Puerto Rican). LOVE that place! The pulled pork lasagna with the plantains as "noodles" is just to die for!

For Mexican there are 2 places not too far from us that we really like. There are more than that of course but 2 that stick out both in food and drink. This time was at Pasion Tequila in Bothell. Advantage it has over the other place is the bar, which the other one doesn't have at all.

Ohhh..La Isla sounds good! For several years, DH had an annual business trip to Puerto Rico. He always came home telling me about how amazing the food was! We will definitely give La Isla a try! Thanks!

I enjoyed your Alaska trip report so much that I decided to read this trip report last night while I had a sick boy sleeping on me--plus I'm from the PNW too. Well, as luck would have it, we're heading to the Oregon Coast in a week for our annual trip. Looks like we'll be adding in a trip to a waterpark. The one in McMinnville looks awesome and it is new since our trip to Oregon last year.

Since it always (ALWAYS!) rains during our beach week, indoor activities are terrific...there are only so many days I can handle digging in the sand in the rain! Driving 1.5 hours to go to a waterpark works for me!

That would be perfect! We’d get part time jobs as CM’s!

WHO IS THIS MAN?

:rotfl: Love it!

Tim's the same way about trips - it drive him CRAZY when I say something like, "Only 99 days until our trip!" He's finally starting to get excited for our trip that's just over two weeks away. We went out to dinner (just us) last night & he had a bunch of questions and was actually asking about specific plans for each day. Not that it's a big expense, since we were already going to get groceries, but he told me to order Garden Grocer so we don't have to stop at the store on our way to Kidani. :thumbsup2

I love the idea of Jeff & K doing the Trek at Animal Kingdom!! (Or is it a safari? Or is it both?)

Amazing!
Seems like your DH has finally given in to Disney. :rotfl:

I hope you're able to reserve a cabana.

Too funny that Jeff was throwing so many curve balls at dinner. :lmao: Atlantis and the cabana? I wouldn't be able to say no to either of those. :thumbsup2 Charles has mentioned retiring to Florida as well -- the older he gets the more he hates the cold. Maybe we can buy houses near each other in the Keys. ::yes::

Just popping in to say I cannot imagine who difficult it must be to schedule a family vacation with 4 kids in 2 different school districts ... Not to mention everything else that goes into picking dates for a vacation.

I tried all weekend to put a Disneyland trip together but I just cannot make the dates work....very, very frustrating! Saturday it looked like we might be able to pull off a May trip but yesterday we realized that DS has his MSP tests right in the same time period we wanted to go to DLR. DS's birthday is in May and I would love to combine his birthday with a trip to DLR. We talked about June/July but with Grad nights and Carsland opening, that didn't seem like the best time to go either. I am going to Scottsdale in August for a girls weekend...of course, DH so nicely offered to take the kids while I was in AZ!:rotfl2: Uh, no way!! So our next opportunity is end of Sept/beginning of Oct because we have school conferences that week and I wouldn't feel as guilty pulling them out of school on a couple of half days.....

Anyway, I can appreciate how difficult it must be to figure out dates for 4 kids and 2 adults and not get discouraged!

Wow - I guess you weren't kidding about this when you posted it on FB. :rotfl:

Apparently not! :thumbsup2

:woohoo: Lots of GOOD decisions by your DH!!! :thumbsup2

Not sure what was in that margarita but he was on a roll to be sure!

I hope you score a Cabana ...... they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! We had one last year and just absolutely loved it. Yip, they are costly, but SO worth it!!

I let Tom read your post and he was very impressed. :lmao:

I hope so, we are only silver so I think our chances are fairly low but you never know, right? Doesn't seem to be many DISers on our cruise so maybe if it's a bunch of first timers we will get lucky...I can hope!

sounds like that mexican joint will be your new go to restraunt when you want to book future trips.
:thumbsup2

LOL! It's part of the regular rotation but I may need to plan to go there a bit more strategically from now on. :rotfl:

Did you have to get a second margarita? I would have!
Then I would have given him another one too - maybe a new car is in your future - Hey, he's in a spending mood, why not???

I wish my DH drank. :laughing:

We did have a second one, we were finally seated by the time we finished the first one so of course needed another.

We intend to be snowbirds and spend winters in FL when we retire. I'd be willing to work PT as a CM too! I won't do summers there though. It's way nicer here!

Love the idea of the cabana! I don't know how pricey they are, but it would be nice to have some private space!
I hope you get the excursions you (and Jeff) want!

It's nicer here too, at least July-Sept...most years...:rotfl: I'm not convinced the bang for the buck is there on the cabana but it does look supremely cool. I'll happily go along though!

Ohhh..La Isla sounds good! For several years, DH had an annual business trip to Puerto Rico. He always came home telling me about how amazing the food was! We will definitely give La Isla a try! Thanks!

We love it, it's just a fun little funky place with really good food and fun rum drinks :)

I enjoyed your Alaska trip report so much that I decided to read this trip report last night while I had a sick boy sleeping on me--plus I'm from the PNW too. Well, as luck would have it, we're heading to the Oregon Coast in a week for our annual trip. Looks like we'll be adding in a trip to a waterpark. The one in McMinnville looks awesome and it is new since our trip to Oregon last year.

Since it always (ALWAYS!) rains during our beach week, indoor activities are terrific...there are only so many days I can handle digging in the sand in the rain! Driving 1.5 hours to go to a waterpark works for me!

I hear you there on the rain! It's a fun waterpark, I didn't realize it was that new.

:rotfl: Love it!

Tim's the same way about trips - it drive him CRAZY when I say something like, "Only 99 days until our trip!" He's finally starting to get excited for our trip that's just over two weeks away. We went out to dinner (just us) last night & he had a bunch of questions and was actually asking about specific plans for each day. Not that it's a big expense, since we were already going to get groceries, but he told me to order Garden Grocer so we don't have to stop at the store on our way to Kidani. :thumbsup2

I love the idea of Jeff & K doing the Trek at Animal Kingdom!! (Or is it a safari? Or is it both?)

Actually it's the backstage safari which is all about the animal care at the park, meeting with the vets, etc! Pretty cool. I love garden grocer (and not deaing with going to the store lol).

How did I not know this was here?:confused3

I don't know :rotfl: Maybe because you've been a little busy? Or it's on the cruise forum...(yeah, we'll blame it on that).

Doesn't matter :cheer2: you're here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any bowling trips soon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter