Boo to me! - Solo Halloween PTR 10/22-29 - Link to TR posted!

Yay for your trip being right around the corner!!! I knew those guys were from 101 Dalmations, but I probably would not remember their names! Glad your tooth is better, I am having minor tooth issues but I'm going to the dentist on Wednesday so fingers crossed, the issue will be solved! It's one of my wisdom teeth (I still have all 4, which is why I am extra smart... right??) but it was formed incorrectly so there is a hole which could become a cavity, so they have to "patch" it. It's supposed to be a quick procedure, but it has gotten worse so I don't know what will happen. I thought of you when I saw Clara Cluck in the Boo to You Parade!!

Yay for your trip being right around the corner!!! I knew those guys were from 101 Dalmations, but I probably would not remember their names! Glad your tooth is better, I am having minor tooth issues but I'm going to the dentist on Wednesday so fingers crossed, the issue will be solved! It's one of my wisdom teeth (I still have all 4, which is why I am extra smart... right??) but it was formed incorrectly so there is a hole which could become a cavity, so they have to "patch" it. It's supposed to be a quick procedure, but it has gotten worse so I don't know what will happen. I thought of you when I saw Clara Cluck in the Boo to You Parade!!

:lmao: That happens a lot :) I was just refreshing this Disney character wiki's random page and saving photos of characters who weren't fairly common.

My tooth is much better. The socket's healing over, and I'm eating normally. I took a Vicodin yesterday, but only because I didn't want to take a chance at being in pain when I went to Six Flags with my parents (which was fun). I have my follow-up on Wednesday, actually, so I'll be thinking of you while I'm there :) I hope that'll be a simple procedure :hug: Mine was fairly easy once I got to the oral surgeon.

Yay for recognizing Clara Cluck! :lmao: I seriously hated that chicken while I worked there. No one knew who she was!

I went to Six Flags last night with my parents for Fright Fest. Either because of the weather or the fact that there was a Chicago Bears football game, it was DEAD. Almost all of the rides were walk-on. We were able to hit all the major coasters, plus a bunch of other rides, in four hours. I have pictures and stuff, but my camera batteries are dead. I'm hoping to snag the batteries from the lobby TV remote (I'm at work) just so I can upload them and then put the batteries back, but we'll see :lmao:

So, as I mentioned in my last post, my parents and I went up to Six Flags yesterday to go to Fright Fest, which is their annual Halloween thing. It was a pretty good time :) Here's a mini-TR and some pics for you guys. Be warned, if any of you don't like clowns, there are a couple "scary" clowns in here.

The park was DEAD, so just about everything was a walk-on or less than 20 minute wait. Unlike MNSSHP or HHN, Fright Fest is included in general admission. It's not a separate ticket. But still, we got there around 3:30 or 4 and all cars were parked in the front parking lot with room to spare (there's the front "preferred" lot and then the back, larger "basic" lot).

We went on the carousel, as we'd just eaten and my dad didn't want to go on any roller coasters just yet.

P1050625.jpg

P1050626.jpg

P1050627.jpg

After that, we went to the bumper cars, which is normally named Rue Le Dodge. For Fright Fest, it's Rue Le Morgue and done up with black lights, curtains, and rock music :lmao:

P1050628.jpg

P1050629.jpg

P1050630.jpg

We kept walking and my parents decided to go on the Superman ride. I didn't go, as I think I'm too big for the harness. This was a recurring theme, but I was basically designated bag holder for the evening, which was fine. After they got off that, we went on The Dark Knight, which could have been a LOT better for the money they put into it. It's basically just a black light wild mouse ride (like Primeval Whirl) that doesn't spin with every turn.

P1050631.jpg

Toward the end of the line, there's a motion capture screen that does this to your face:

P1050633.jpg

I liked taking pictures of the decor and the characters.

P1050634.jpg

P1050635.jpg

P1050636.jpg

Roaring Rapids is exactly like Kali River Rapids. During Fright Fest, they used to dye the water red and keep the ride open. It wasn't open or dyed yesterday, so I don't know if it's open this year.

P1050637.jpg

My mom with some corn stalks.

P1050639.jpg

We were waiting for my dad to get off Ragin' Cajun, which is a true wild mouse coaster and identical to Primeval Whirl. Neither my mom nor I can do spinny things, so we waited for him at the exit.

P1050640.jpg

:banana:

P1050641.jpg

He looked really cool, but you could see the seams in his makeup.

P1050642.jpg

She was pretty cool, too.

At this point, my parents went on Batman (which I couldn't fit in high school and I know I can't fit now unless they redesigned the harnesses, which I highly doubt). I was designated bag holder again, and took some pictures while I was waiting.

P1050643.jpg

P1050644.jpg

P1050645.jpg

P1050646.jpg

They have this old-fashioned swing ride called the Whirligig, and my dad loves it, so he went on.

P1050647.jpg

I was asking if he wanted pop and he was trying to decide what he wanted, since they have these season-long refillable cups and subsequent refills are only a buck. I bought one in May :lmao:

P1050648.jpg

I think he may not be able to go on it again :lmao:

P1050651.jpg

After this, my mom stopped for a cigarette and then we wandered over to another part of the park.

P1050654.jpg

This ride used to be at a park called Kiddieland out in Melrose Park, which is about twenty minutes from my house. Great America bought it after Kiddieland closed last fall. My parents were THRILLED.

P1050658.jpg

P1050662.jpg

I didn't want to go on, so I was bag holder again.

This is one of the things I hate about Six Flags:

P1050663.jpg

The incessant advertising. There were actually three more ads to the right that I couldn't fit in the photo.

We wandered a little more, and my parents decided to go on Iron Wolf, which is a standing and looping coaster. I didn't want to go on (I was avoiding the major rides because I'm paranoid about being told to leave because of my weight), so I waited for them and got some popcorn and saw this guy roaming around.

P1050677.jpg

After Iron Wolf, my parents went on American Eagle, which is a classic wooden racing coaster. The last time I went on it, I could barely fit and decided not to go on it this time (since the last time was in May). That was the longest wait for them I had all day and by the time they came out, I was in search of hot chocolate. I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. Not even coffee!

After the Eagle, we wandered a bit more and I found a stand that had a tub of hot chocolate. It wasn't even hot. It was, like, lukewarm, but it was the last of it, so it was either that or nothing. My mom had a cigarette and I had my hot chocolate while my dad went on Giant Drop. I HATE Giant Drop. I went on it once and will never do it again. It's sort of similar to TOT, except that you SEE what's in front of you as you drop.

After that, my parents went on Raging Bull and I holded the bags and played a game on my iPod while waiting :lmao:

Then we all went on Viper, which is another wooden coaster. I had trouble fitting, but oh well. My hip hurts a little today :( After Viper, we slowly made our way back up to the front of the park. We passed this lovely lady outside of a Saw movie maze.

P1050678.jpg

P1050679.jpg

While my dad and I waited for my mom to come out of the bathroom.

P1050680.jpg

This guy was in their "town square-ish" area.

And then we wound up back on the carousel, because my dad wanted to ride this:

P1050681.jpg

P1050682.jpg

Yes, my dad wanted to ride the deer. When we'd gone on it before, he wanted to ride up top, then found out there was no deer, just horses. So we came back later and he got to ride the deer.

P1050686.jpg

And this is me when we got home. We left around 8:30, so we did all that in only about 4 hours. I'm planning on getting my hair cut before my trip, which is why I took it, because PrincessInOz asked for a before shot :lmao:

So that was our afternoon trip (since it wasn't even a full day) to Six Flags Great America's Fright Fest. It was fun, but so cold for early October, even in Chicago :(

Also?

17 days!

:yay:

Dana - Great shots! I love :love: the one of you at the end and your mom and dad are sooo cute!

17 day! :banana:

Hey, for those of you trying to lose weight, I just heard a snippet on the news about a new weight loss study!

Apparently sleeping 8 hours or more will help you lose weight! :lmao: Gee, I never would have guessed that! Must be why I'm having trouble losing weight! :lmao:

Dana - Great shots! I love :love: the one of you at the end and your mom and dad are sooo cute!

17 day! :banana:

Thanks! :goodvibes I actually really like how that picture came out! I normally don't like how I look in pictures, but I like that one :) They're not always that cute, believe me :lmao: They were both just having a really good time. Between my season pass, a free ticket from Six Flags' "Funatic Rewards" program for passholders, and a half-price ticket from the passholder coupon book, we only paid $50 total to go, including parking! Ordinarily, it would've been at least $110. They're currently running a sale on tickets, so they're $32 plus tax and processing when bought online, plus parking. Tickets at the gate were $56.99 plus tax.

Yes, 17 days!

I also just got off the phone with SW, because my fare for my second seat has gone up $140. I wanted to see if they'd honor the original fare or not, and the lovely lady I spoke to (considering it's 5am :rotfl:) said they would, I just have to call them and give them my original confirmation number from the first flight and they'll honor the $244 for the second fare as long as there's a seat available :yay:

Hey, for those of you trying to lose weight, I just heard a snippet on the news about a new weight loss study!

Apparently sleeping 8 hours or more will help you lose weight! :lmao: Gee, I never would have guessed that! Must be why I'm having trouble losing weight! :lmao:

Huh, I guess that's why I have trouble losing weight too, I sleep maybe 5 hours a night, 6 if I'm really lucky! :rotfl: :sad2: I actually just got finished with my elliptical, I only did 20 minutes, but I did intervals where I'd go really fast for 1 minute, then slower for 2 minutes...I'm going to continue to do that all week and hope something happens! :yay: I'm also going to get out my Pilates tape tonight and try to do that!

Loved the Six Flags little TR too! :woohoo: I keep wanting to go to Six Flags every year, but we never get there! :confused3 It looks like it would be fun to go around Halloween!

I'll bite!

Why do you need to have your eyes dilated?

ps. Weather is gorgeous in Melbourne. Sunny, 20 C, blue sky and balmy breezes. Nice acclimatising transitional weather from our winter to Florida!

They found a spot on the back of my eye when I went for my exam last year. They dialated my pupils then so they could take pictures of it and they had to do it again this year to compare this years pictures with last years. That way we can make sure it's not growing into something scary. We've decided it's just pigmentation, but I still have to get pictures taken every year. :rolleyes:

Wow, somehow I don't think that's the right answer! :laughing: We skipped the weigh in at work today and I'm so glad. I know I did horribly over the last week! I had Chinese food Thursday, a donut yesterday, a cupcake today, Friendly's on Sunday....I was a bad little Weight Watcher! :rotfl2:

Ahh, I've been so busy and I've missed so much! :guilty: I totally new Jasper and Horace, too! I love 101 Dalmatians!

Okay I was so far behind I had to take notes while I caught up...let's see...

I loved your top 10 rides list! :thumbsup2 HM is such a great ride. It has become one of my favorites! I could ride it over and over again.

Fright Fest looks fun! I'm not big on stuff that is actually scary though, so I don't think I could have handled all of those creepy people. That is why I LOVE MNSSHP so much. I really like Halloween, but I'm a total wimp so I don't get to celebrate it a ton. I don't do haunted houses or anything like that, so the Disney celebrations were perfect for me! :lovestruc

Okay, your parents are adorable and your dad looks like the coolest person alive. I love the picture of him on the deer! :rotfl:

Friendly's on Sunday....I was a bad little Weight Watcher! :rotfl2:

Oooooooh Friendly's, we don't have them out here we used to always stop there on our drives to Cape Cod when I was a kid! I used to love the frankfurter in that weird bun we don't have out West, I always thought it was really cool!

Huh, I guess that's why I have trouble losing weight too, I sleep maybe 5 hours a night, 6 if I'm really lucky! :rotfl: :sad2: I actually just got finished with my elliptical, I only did 20 minutes, but I did intervals where I'd go really fast for 1 minute, then slower for 2 minutes...I'm going to continue to do that all week and hope something happens! :yay: I'm also going to get out my Pilates tape tonight and try to do that!

Loved the Six Flags little TR too! :woohoo: I keep wanting to go to Six Flags every year, but we never get there! :confused3 It looks like it would be fun to go around Halloween!

I think it's bull, actually, since every other day there's some new study about weight loss and how no one can do it right. :confused3

We had a good time :) It was a fun few hours.

They found a spot on the back of my eye when I went for my exam last year. They dialated my pupils then so they could take pictures of it and they had to do it again this year to compare this years pictures with last years. That way we can make sure it's not growing into something scary. We've decided it's just pigmentation, but I still have to get pictures taken every year. :rolleyes:

It's good that they're keeping an eye on it, then! (pun intended :teeth:) But seriously, it's good that they're monitoring it! You just never know!

Wow, somehow I don't think that's the right answer! :laughing: We skipped the weigh in at work today and I'm so glad. I know I did horribly over the last week! I had Chinese food Thursday, a donut yesterday, a cupcake today, Friendly's on Sunday....I was a bad little Weight Watcher! :rotfl2:

Yeah, I don't, either. It seems too simple. And hey, you could have done worse :teeth: I had brought soup and a sandwich to work with me yesterday for my lunch and wound up ordering an Italian beef and fries instead :lmao: I kept the soup for tonight.

Ahh, I've been so busy and I've missed so much! :guilty: I totally new Jasper and Horace, too! I love 101 Dalmatians!

Okay I was so far behind I had to take notes while I caught up...let's see...

I loved your top 10 rides list! :thumbsup2 HM is such a great ride. It has become one of my favorites! I could ride it over and over again.

Fright Fest looks fun! I'm not big on stuff that is actually scary though, so I don't think I could have handled all of those creepy people. That is why I LOVE MNSSHP so much. I really like Halloween, but I'm a total wimp so I don't get to celebrate it a ton. I don't do haunted houses or anything like that, so the Disney celebrations were perfect for me! :lovestruc

Okay, your parents are adorable and your dad looks like the coolest person alive. I love the picture of him on the deer! :rotfl:

Hey, life happens :flower3: No biggie :)

I absolutely love HM. It's my absolute favorite ride at WDW :lovestruc

I love Halloween! I actually used to volunteer at a haunted trail :) I can do trails and hayrides, but I won't go in a haunted house. Long story as to why (pm me if you want to know). I just love the Disney party because it's cute and fun :)

My dad CAN be cool sometimes, but most often lately, he's a bit of a jerk. He was just having a really good time that night. I love my mommy, though :love:

Oooooooh Friendly's, we don't have them out here we used to always stop there on our drives to Cape Cod when I was a kid! I used to love the frankfurter in that weird bun we don't have out West, I always thought it was really cool!

You know, I've only been to Friendly's once? I went when I was living in Florida :lmao: A friend and I went for ice cream :)

I LOVE Friendly's but it's REALLY not good for you! There is hardly anything on the menu that is less than 800 calories. I always get the Honey Barbecue Chicken Supermelt (without the bacon) and it's 24 Weight Watchers points BY ITSELF. I'm allowed 28 points A DAY! Throw fries and ice cream into the mix and it's pretty much 2 days worth of points in one meal!

So, my tickers disappeared AGAIN, so I made new ones from MagicalKingdoms and won't be changing them unless those disappear on me. I actually really like the one for my DLR trip, so I think I'll keep that.

Also, I called Southwest about my other airfare. They said they can honor the original fare (it's gone up $140 in two weeks) as long as there's a seat available, which there should be. So I'll call them Friday morning and take care of that. I also have to stop by Walgreens and pick up a couple of memory cards and a strip of batteries. Since my laptop died, I have nowhere to transfer my pictures to, so I'm just going to get a bunch of memory cards. I might just buy rechargeable batteries instead of regular batteries, though. I think that would be better than just a regular strip of batteries.

My mom and I finished making my one costume, so I have a 50s-ish skirt and top to wear for one of the parties :)

I'm going to Six Flags again next weekend (not this weekend, but next), as long as Jacquie can get the day off. It'll probably be Sunday the 17th. Then a friend of mine from Ohio is coming through Chicago on October 30 on her way back from Iowa, so she's staying with a mutual friend that night and then the three of us and the other friend's boyfriend (I guess that's what I should call him, anyway) are going up to Six Flags on Halloween! So that'll be fun :)

Um... I think that's everything for right now.

17 days! I can do online check in next week, and then a week from tomorrow, I'll be doing a single digit dance!

:yay:

:lmao: :lmao:

So I just looked and guess where the closest Friendly's is?

Friendly's Restaurant - 179 miles
Defiance, OH 43512

I just Love :love: Friendly's, do they have them in the DC area? We're thinking of taking an April trip there, and I would love to throw them in the mix of the gourmet restaurants. DP would love it too! She has introduced me to all kinds of wonderful non gourmet foods. Corned Beef and Cabbage, Pot Roast, and a number of other Okie style dishes that I never knew existed, being raised by a highbrow Bostonian wanna be vegetarian! :lmao:

Glad it's NOT too serious!

Okay. I'm going to be really blasphemous now....I've NOT ever been to Friendly's. Just googled them and OMG....I wonder if it's too late to detour??

:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter