Boo Hoo on CSR - not very pleased

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post is really confusing to me. I never expect my room to be ready when I have an early flight. And frankly, I think 1 time out of our last 5 trips was it ready. When we stayed at the poly we didn't get in till 6. We just go to the parks! I dot get this complaint at all.

Wow do you know how many times I have check in around 7am and my one single room not be ready? I feel lucky if it is ready! But expecting 30 rooms to be ready is just not realistic. That would be 30 families your wanting kicked out of their rooms early when check out time is 11am. Would you want a phone call telling you that you need to be out earlier when you PAID to be there until 11AM?

Im so sorry everyone is exhausted, hope your well rested soon and can enjoy WDW

Seems to me that the only person at fault here is the person who booked the rooms and didn't have a talk in advance with CSR about having 30 rooms ready early!

It maybe not have been able to be arranged, but then at least you could have had other plans in place for the tired people.

Just a thought!

Thank you for all the kind suggestions.. problem was solved promptly at 3:20 pm ..zombies are all resting in 30 rooms - yes 120 people - students - out to DTD tonight with happy smiles ;)

OP have a great time with the Mouse, I think we took your comments a little to literal LOL:rotfl2:. Yes If you new or did not know you where going to be in early and wanted to go right to your room, you might of wanted to book your room a day early so you would been guarantee your room being ready, live and learn right!. Dis folks, like your self take great pride in WDW, and when some one post such a contradiction to the policy it insights a stream of comments defending WDW. In this case WDW post the check in policy,3pm no mistake there. Maybe reword It??. At the end of the day have a great time. Please let us know how 120 people:grouphug: do on your park visit, now that will be interesting:rotfl2:

I used to work in the hotel industry. With a group of that size, I'd imagine this was coordinated through a Sales Manager? Often, groups can put special requests or special provisions in contracts done by Sales & Catering. If you booked this on your own, you are not considered a "group" and therefore there are no contractual obligations to you.

Either way, most Sales Managers will NOT put a certain check-in time in contracts. First, it puts a strain on housekeeping and may require OT. Most housekeepers in Florida are unionized so that may not be permitted, or it would come at a high cost. Second, check-out time is 11am so unless your groups paid for rooms the night before, there is no way the hotel could force guests out of their rooms prior to 11am in order to clean them for your group. A way to avoid this in the future would be to reserve rooms the night before.

it is not Disney's fault you had such an early flight in. How can I say this nicely--your group is no more special than anyone else at WDW. The family of 4 over there at the pool is just as special. And so is that older couple over there. And if you think booking 30 rooms means you deserve special treatment, you may be in for a rough stay. Time to adjust your expectations, lest your vacation be ruined.

I agree! I still remember an altercation I had a few years ago with a woman at MK. Remember when you rode the train around and could get off not too far from where Goofy's Barnstormer used to be, then there'd be a rope drop there and Goofy would come out and walk some lucky kid over to the coaster and ride with him? Well anyway, I rode over there one morning and was waiting right up at the rope with my GD, hoping she might be the kid chosen that morning and even if she wasn't wanted to be one of the first on the coaster. We'd been there for quite awhile, standing and talking there with quite a few other people, who were also waiting and hoping to be chosen by Goofy, when this group came running up and this woman literally pushed her way through us, yelling, "We're a Grand Gathering, out of our way, out of our way". The guy standing next to me, informed her we were all waiting for that rope to drop and had been there before her group and to not lay another hand on him or his kids. She loudly and sarcastically said, "Well, we're a Grand Gathering, so get special priviledges you people don't, so move out of our way. We get to go in front." Some CMs came walking up, about that time and she demanded they let her special "Grand Gathering" in ahead of us and also demanded to know where Goofy was, that he "HAD" to pick her son to ride with, since he was part of "the Grand Gathering". The CMs did not let the group in and also told her to stop pushing her group ahead of the rest of us. She then threatened to go to GS to complain about the CM, saying he obviously didn't understand how Grand Gatherings worked and she knew they got special priviledges because they were a group of 21.:rotfl: What's bad though, is that as soon as Goofy came up, she pushed her kid up to the rope and actually under the rope and Goofy did choose him to ride with. She and her group then literally physically pushed the rest of us out the way, saying it was their right to go first. The CMs did nothing but shrug and gave us an apologetic look and one made a comment, like, "Would you really want to be close to that bunch anyway, just let them go ahead".:furious: We saw that same group a few days later pushing their way through at the Stunt Show, again yelling, "get out of our way, get out of our way, we're a Grand Gathering so get ahead of all you people". Again they were getting by with it because people didn't want to confront their behavior. I still remember my irritation with that woman that was leading them, but was sure glad I didn't have to be part of that group listening to her yelling at other people all week to get out of their way. That would have been a miserable trip. I'm still not sure why she thought her family group was any more important than everybody else's who was there that week.

I agree! I still remember an altercation I had a few years ago with a woman at MK. Remember when you rode the train around and could get off not too far from wheer Goofy's Barnstormer used to be, then there'd be a rope drop there and Goofy would come out and walk some lucky kid over to the coaster and ride with him? Well anyway, I rode over there one morning and was waiting right up at the rope with my GD, hoping she might be the kid chosen that morning and even if she wasn't wanted to be one of the first on the coaster. We'd been there for quite awhile, standing talking there with quite a few other people, who were also waiting and hoping to be chosed by Goofy, when this group came running up and this woman literally pushed her way through us, yelling, "We're a Grand Gathering, out of our way, out of our way". The guy standing next to me, informed her we were all waiting for that rope to drop and had been there before her group and to not lay another hand on him or his kids. She loudly and sarcastically said, "Well, we're a Grand Gathering, so get special priviledges you people don't, so move out of our way. We get to go in front." Some CMs came walking up, about that time and she demanded they let her special "Grand Gathering" in ahead of us and also demanded to know where Goofy was, that he "HAD" to pick her son to ride with, since he was part of "the Grand Gathering". The CMs did not let the group in and also told her to stop pushing her group ahead of the rest of us. She then threatened to go to GS to complain about the CM, saying he obviously didn't understand how Grand Gatherings worked and she knew they got special priviledges because they were a group of 21.:rotfl: What's bad though, is that as soon as Goofy came up, she pushed her kid up to the rope and actually under the rope and Goofy did choose him to ride with. She and her group then literally physically pushed the rest of us out the way, saying it was their right to go first. The CMs did nothing but shrug and gave us an apologetic look and one made a comment, like, "Would you really want to be close to that bunch anyway, just let them go ahead".:furious: We saw that same group a few days later pushing their way through at the Stunt Show, again yelling, "get out of our way, get out of our way, we're a Grand Gathering so get ahead of all you people". Again they were getting by with it because people didn't want to confront their behavior. I still remember my irritation with that woman that was leading them, but was sure glad I didn't have to be part of that group listening to her yelling at other people all week. That would have been a miserable trip.

Wow. I bet that "Grand Gathering" had a Super Dee Duper Magical Time.:crazy2::sad2:

OH HECK NO!! See my DH and I both have too much of a temper to have let that go! I hope that lady got smacked in the face by karma!!!

We were at RD in EP to go to Soarin and the CMs walked us and a small crowd all the way to THe Land to avoid pushing and shoving when all if a sudden a group of elderly ladies walking very fast being led by one in particular trying to make their way past the entire crowd and CMs! They did tell them to get at the end of the crowd but they didn't listen they slipped in behind us and my DH very loudly told them this was not the back of the line they were cutting other ppl who had waited, other ppl joined him in the protest and the ladies moved down the line!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

Thank you for all the kind suggestions.. problem was solved promptly at 3:20 pm ..zombies are all resting in 30 rooms - yes 120 people - students - out to DTD tonight with happy smiles ;)

Students can't get up early and manage to stay awake? I have gotten up at 3:00-4:00am for a Disney trip and managed to make it through the day and I'm over 50.

I am thrilled when I get my room early but would never expect it. I would expect an early room even less when traveling with a large group. As magical as Disney is, they still have to clean the rooms after the other guests check-out so the original post just puzzles me. A lot of negative Disney reviews in general come from unrealistic expectations. Expecting 30 rooms before the actual check-in time is very unrealistic in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter