Boo Hoo on CSR - not very pleased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only flight out from our area was at 6 AM - makes an early arrival at MCO.

With that said - the tired zombies ate at Cafe Rix and the Pepper Market (spread the wealth) and are now patiently taking up the chairs around the pool.

Again - sorry for any issues our group has caused to CSR guests

Once the tired zombies get to their rooms - all will be better.

Your group is adults - yes? Then they shouldn't be causing problems just because they are tired.

If they are such that they cannot function since they didn't have a room right away, you should have booked the night before (and informed the hotel that you'd be arriving early the next morning).

Not the fault of the hotel.

I would suggest going to a park, though if your group is exhausted after eight hours of being awake, they're going to struggle the entire trip.

CSR did NOTHING wrong here. Check in time is 3pm. Why would you expect that a block of 30 rooms would be ready at 10am? I say if you want rooms ready on arrival, arrive after check in time.

x2 :thumbsup2

CSR did nothing wrong at all. I honestly dont think its fair for you to be upset since the standard checkin time across the board is typically around 3pm.

just to put it in perspective, are your 30 rooms going to be vacated a few hours prior to 11AM on check-out day? ;)

have a great time!

LoL the problem may not be getting all her 30 rooms out by 11Am , which we normally do. We normally get everything ready night b4 , do a quick check of the room in the morning , shower & head out to check bags in & grab breakfast. Then head to pool to RELAX. Now I realize this is tough to do with 30 rooms but it can be done. The problem is once those 30 rooms are cleared CSR will need plenty of time to properly get it ready for their group.

Unless of course they had 30 maids directly in that area where their block of rooms are. And we know that's not the case, so rendering this virtually impossible. Even at the slowest part of the season. I'm thinking.:confused3

CSR is a huge resort with 2100 rooms. Not really sure how 30 people wandering around would even be noticeable much less be an issue.

Really. It's a resort. I think people are accustomed to seeing other people around the resort.

I would suggest going to a park, though if your group is exhausted after eight hours of being awake, they're going to struggle the entire trip.

HaHa good point. We put in 8 hours even after dinner when at WDW.

WDW2012-3173.jpg

it is not Disney's fault you had such an early flight in. Check in time is 3 pm. If you counted on being in your rooms earlier than that, then you made a mistake. Disney has done nothing wrong.

How can I say this nicely--your group is no more special than anyone else at WDW. The family of 4 over there at the pool is just as special. And so is that older couple over there. And if you think booking 30 rooms means you deserve special treatment, you may be in for a rough stay. Time to adjust your expectations, lest your vacation be ruined.

Why hang out at the resort waiting for your rooms? You can check in, and go to the parks. If you don't have park passes go to DownTown Disney. Go mini golfing.

CSR knew the group was coming back in August 2012

Again, my apologies for the large group wondering around CSR.

Well you may have booked in August 2012, but check in time is still 3pm. It's unreasonable to expect 30 rooms to remain vacant for a night so you can have early check in.
I can only wish that when my 6 am flight leaves that I could arrive by 11:00 am. It would be a dream!! But flying from the west coast, that's never going to happen. And even after flying all day with 6am flights and not getting into wdw till 5 or 6pm, we still go out to a park that night after arriving. Really, I don't understand your problem. :confused3

B.T.W to the OP......in terms of perspective.... Everyone in Disney is virtually tired after running around all day.... or at least the majority is.

I've done the early morning flights, so I know what they're going through and done late nights as well where I checked in at midnight only to find out that my room was under repair while we were getting ready to go to sleep.

You want to talk about exhausted?

Try this the next t time.. Like I've done twice..
Roughly from Nj to WDW around 1000 miles. 18 hour trip.
What I did to make it work for my family was this.... Work a regular day shift 7-3:30, while kids go to school. Get home by 3:45 or so and hop into my already packed conversion van. On our way by 4:00. Drive straight through with only stopping for bathroom and gas fill ups. And 1 quick dinner break..(eat in car).. Kids get pj's on around 8 or so and sleep while I CONTINUE to drive. DW awake and riding shotgun.... Get into Florida roughly at 8 or so Arrive aT WDW resort at noon or so. Basically up for 30 hours or so at this point. Would've been my right to just crash there in the lobby but No, I didn't. Room wasn't ready either. And this was only 1 not 30. Proceeded to epcot and did what we needed to do had dinner and actually made Illuminations as well. finally made it back to resort by 10:30....No sleep now for 35 hours.... Wake up next morning for RD at MK......

I'm sure your so called ZOMBIES will be just fine...:rolleyes1.....One thing to remember, You're in Disney......Just be happy..:grouphug:

1 last thing....By no .means do I want any pity or sympathy for what I did. Its not for everybody buts its just what I needed to do to make it work for my family....I'm sure there are plenty of people that do the same.

The only way CSR could have had the rooms ready by 11 would be to not rent them out the night before - x 30 rooms I really don't think that is a reasonable request.

Exactly. It's MORE difficult to have more rooms ready vs fewer.

Perhaps for a future trip, you guys should book the rooms for the day before you arrive, then let the resort know your flights were delayed and to hold them. That way they are ready for you when you arrive.

With that said - the tired zombies ate at Cafe Rix and the Pepper Market (spread the wealth) and are now patiently taking up the chairs around the pool.

Again - sorry for any issues our group has caused to CSR guests

What are you guys doing that you're so worried about apologizing? There are big groups at Disney, at resorts, and using pool loungers, etc is totally normal. Unless you guys are truly doing something weird, you're not doing anything differently from anyone else.

Hopefully people were prepared with swimsuits, etc, in carryons so you can have some FUN, and not just sleep?

After all, we wake almost that early when we want an early flight to Disneyland, and when we arrive we drop bags at the hotel and go have FUN! We don't hit "zombie" level until late that evening if we've been silly enough to stay out all day.

I love CSR. I've been lucky with early check in, but I've only been one person. The only hope for 30 rooms would be that maybe a couple of them could be ready early. Otherwise the 3PM thing stands.

Don't sweat the check-in and enjoy the rest of your trip.

Uh oh.... I'm hoping they're not those same groups that all have those same shirts singing and having a good time.....LoL That's me n my family...:cool1:

I went with a large group to Wdw last spring--not 30 rooms full but maybe 15. Our rooms weren't ready but 2 were. So we took all the luggage and put it into those two rooms and left for a park. We got back late that evening, grabbed our luggage (tried to be quiet), and got into our rooms. No big deal. Yes we were tired but as many have already said, we are always tired at Wdw.

CSR knew the group was coming back in August 2012

In August 2012 you reserved rooms starting at 3 PM. If you don't get what you reserved, then you have cause for complaint. Until 3 PM, you have no reasonable expectation of a service that you booked for 3 PM. I'm sorry you didn't properly co-ordinate your travel plans, but nobody wronged you by not giving you what you did not order or pay for.

Not really sure how 30 people wandering around would even be noticeable much less be an issue.

Not 30 people, 30 rooms. At maximum occupancy of 4 per room it's 120 people. Still, it's a big resort.

We have done too large trips first one 12 rooms we got in about 12:30 but it took 4 hours for check in so by that time they were ready and bags in there. On the second trip we were not having a 4 hour check in. We were checking in on Tuesday so by Sunday we had our building and room numbers. We got there about 11:30 all rooms but 2 were ready. Most of the bags were already in the rooms. The ones that were not they just but in my as I was the group leader. They even had all of our room keys ready. It only took like 20 minutes to check in that was so nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!