• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bonnet Creek PAY IT FORWARD..PLEASE SEE LINK BELOW FOR NEW THREAD!

julie1218 Right now, the box is pretty heavy. We had a rental car to transport it to our tower, and then used a luggage cart to haul it up to the room. Hopefully, some stuff will be used up, so it won't be so heavy when you arrive. If you need to, WBC can probably help transport it to your room. I did see staff helping transport guests luggage, etc to their rooms. I also saw people using luggage carts to transport stuff from tower to tower.

Hi Julie, we participated last year. I don't think it would be too heavy to carry since some guests don't have a car. Maybe some of the items have accumulated in the box and guests will begin emptying it soon.

ok thanks! we will have a car--just wanted to make sure i could get it from the car to the elevator!

Thanks for the update! Only "5 more sleeps" (thats how we count it at our house) and we will be there!!:cool1:

ClanHarrison - I can't reply to PMs, but thanks for getting in touch. You can address the box to A Gibbon. We're arriving on Apr 29. Have a great trip!

We just got back tonight from our trip - and added some things to the bin. It is quite heavy, so make sure you have a way to transport it to your room.

DCTooTall Thanks for getting the box - and the supplies to get started. The rubbermaid storage bin was a great idea. Thank you for being willing to kick start the pay it forward in grand style :goodvibes

It was fun to arrive at the resort and have a package waiting for us! We added several items so I hope the next person can use some stuff.

Thank you to the OP. We have stayed at timeshare resorts many times, and always have stuff left over that we wish someone could use. WBC does have boxes in the lobby of each building where they collect unopened, nonperishables to donate to a local charity. It's nice tho. to be able to pass it along to someone on the disboards.

It was my pleasure. I figured the rubbermaid bin would make things easier for everybody, and be sturdy enough to withstand the job. Ultimately... It's something to give everyone one less thing to worry about during the trip so you can concentrate on just having fun! :goodvibes:goodvibes

ok-stupid question-but HOW did you transport it to your room? do you just mean that you need a car to get it from the main building to your building? or will i need something with wheels to get it down the hall? thanks!

It's a typical 30 some-odd gallon rubbermaid storage bin from Walmart, so that should give you an idea on it's size. As the the weight, It really depends on what ends up getting packed into it. Obviously, if its full of cereal and uncooked pasta it'll weigh less than if it has soda and canned goods.

That being said, the resort does have luggage carts in each building, so if it's too heavy for you to feel comfortable carrying it to your room, just throw it on a cart. Also, since it's a rubbermaid type storage bin, it'd also be pretty easy to have 2 people carry it if needed.

And if push comes to shove.... the lid is a pop-off lid, so there is no reason you couldn't go through it and remove some heavier items that might be easier to bring up on their own (say a 12-pack of soda or something?).

Got the box with no problem. We checked out what was inside before we went to the store. All I have to say is. What a NICE surprise!!! Thanks to everyone who has participated so far!

Got the box with no problem. We checked out what was inside before we went to the store. All I have to say is. What a NICE surprise!!! Thanks to everyone who has participated so far!

Only one more week....can't wait! Have they updated any of the countertops or tv's in tower 2? Have a great trip!!

I'd love to participate. Our date might be overlapping a bit but we're checking in on 4/30 and checking out on 5/8. :goodvibes

We are arriving on 5/28 and leaving on 6/4.. looks like we fit in nicely for the gap.. looks like someone is checking out on 5/28? Let me know if we're in!

Thanks!!

Only one more week....can't wait! Have they updated any of the countertops or tv's in tower 2? Have a great trip!!

Nope, our room needs some updating and new furniture...slightly used feel to it. We are very happy though, resort is great!!

MommyG, - sorry I can't PM yet but can receive - can you PM me your name so I can leave you the box on May 6?

Thanks

Disneyforus....

It may not be a bad idea to add to the first post a mention of the 10 post requirement for PM's. It might end up making things easier for some people to communicate their information for the exchange.

I figure some people may expect a PM, and if the person before them can't PM (which is usually due to their not being aware of the 10 post minimum to send one), it could make it more difficult to connect. Every little bit helps! :)

Looks like I might need the bin for July or August. We are going to book flights tonight. Whooo hoooo!

I might beat ya back there too tall :laughing:

Looks like I might need the bin for July or August. We are going to book flights tonight. Whooo hoooo!

I might beat ya back there too tall :laughing:

Go for August. Looks like the main bin is booked thru July, but August is still completely open. :goodvibes

As for beating me back down there, that's ok. I'm really leaning towards a quick trip to the area in late September/Early Oct for the Universal Halloween Horror nights (and maybe the official Magic Kingdom 40th Birthday) before my next week down in November. That short trip however I'm probably not staying at BC though since I'm more likely going to try and do a stay onsite someplace since It's only for a couple days and i'll be able to avoid renting a car.

Go for August. Looks like the main bin is booked thru July, but August is still completely open. :goodvibes

As for beating me back down there, that's ok. I'm really leaning towards a quick trip to the area in late September/Early Oct for the Universal Halloween Horror nights (and maybe the official Magic Kingdom 40th Birthday) before my next week down in November. That short trip however I'm probably not staying at BC though since I'm more likely going to try and do a stay onsite someplace since It's only for a couple days and i'll be able to avoid renting a car.

Ah you are truly addicted. You know that right?:lmao: And no I am not booking my flights around the blue bin. I just want to see if the SC is still in there when I return.:laughing:

Ah you are truly addicted. You know that right?:lmao: And no I am not booking my flights around the blue bin. I just want to see if the SC is still in there when I return.:laughing:

:rotfl: If the SC is still there, I'm going to be quite disappointed in this group. :lmao:

And I think part of the problem is that I bought myself an AP for both Universal and Disney while down on my first trip since I knew I'd be taking at least a 2nd in the year. Now I'm getting a double dose of the "USE ME" yelling coming from the drawer and doing my best to resist the urge for more "long weekends"

:rotfl:

Bonnet Creek Pay It Forward 2011 #1
04/24 - 05/01 cjdj4
05/07 - 05/14 ~Mandy~

Can I be added to the Bonnet Creek Pay It Forward 2011 #1 box? I'll take the 5/1 - 5/7 dates. This will fill in the dates that are still open. This is so exciting. We've only ever stayed on-site but after reading all the BC threads I'm really excited about this trip. I think this will work better now that our kids are getting a bit older and need more space. Also, my youngest needs time to wake up in the morning and many times her and I would stay behind and eat a light breakfast in the room while my husband and older daughter went to the food court. We booked with Ken & Denise Price and so far it has been a very smooth and easy transaction.

Also, the kids (ages 11 and 6) don't know about the trip. We are going to try to keep it a surprise until we pick them up from school and head to the airport. I'm not sure if we'll be able to keep it from them but we'll try hard. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter