Bonnet Creek PAY IT FORWARD..PLEASE SEE LINK BELOW FOR NEW THREAD!

Put a little update, reminder on the original post.
Long story, short. Communicate with the people on either side of your vacation dates to make sure everyone has the information they need before they leave for their vacation. (In some cases this could be a couple weeks before your actual vacation) I know sometimes those last couple weeks before vacation can get a little hectic, so feel free to exchange names as soon as you know the official person after you/before you.

Thanks everyone!:)

I got the bin today. Thank you DCtootall!!! You rock. Just an FYI that it is not behind the desk and the front desk people know nothing about it. It is in the storage area which the service reception person manages. This is the guy by the podium at the shuttle stop. He was really nice.

Also, when full, it can be a heavy bin and it's quite large, so make sure you have room in your vehicle for it.

I got the bin today. Thank you DCtootall!!! You rock. Just an FYI that it is not behind the desk and the front desk people know nothing about it. It is in the storage area which the service reception person manages. This is the guy by the podium at the shuttle stop. He was really nice.

Also, when full, it can be a heavy bin and it's quite large, so make sure you have room in your vehicle for it.

No problem. I actually dropped it off with the luggage storage people at the front podium since with it's size/weight and the couple days till you checked in, I figured we'd have less problems. i'm glad to hear you were able to get it without any problems.

As for the weight, considering the items I left, i'm not surprised it was a bit on the heavy side. Obviously the overall weight can vary, but I wanted to make sure i got something large enough to be useful, but not large enough to be cumbersome.

Thanks for the update! I love it!!!:cool1:

Enjoy your vacation!!

we are in full countdown mode here!!!!...i see that noone has signed up for after us, i was wondering if it would be ok to post something ont he we loooove bonnett creek page and ask if anyone is coming in on april 23rd..oh i think i hear the lazy river calling my name!!!!

Hmmm... Any problems with me taking the 11/5-11/12 dates? It's looking like my next trip will fall that week so I can see the Festival of the Masters.

Hi all,

We are headed over on 4/24 and leaving 5/1:cool1:. I would love to participate, but there is a day between the family before us checking out (4/23) and us checking in. And 6 days between us checking out and the next family checking in (5/9). I am not sure if this will create a problem or not. :confused3

Hi all,

We are headed over on 4/24 and leaving 5/1:cool1:. I would love to participate, but there is a day between the family before us checking out (4/23) and us checking in. And 6 days between us checking out and the next family checking in (5/9). I am not sure if this will create a problem or not. :confused3

That's not a problem, the box will just sit in the storage area for a few days.
It doesn't have to be continuous for this to work. As long as the family in front of you has your name, and leaves the box with your name on it...it will be waiting for you when you arrive. Same goes for when you leave, just put the name of the person after you and they will pick it up when they arrive!

Hope that makes sense.:goodvibes

Hi all,

Here's another way to look at it.... Currently there is a 14day gap, so you are helping to shorten the gap.

That's not a problem, the box will just sit in the storage area for a few days.
It doesn't have to be continuous for this to work. As long as the family in front of you has your name, and leaves the box with your name on it...it will be waiting for you when you arrive. Same goes for when you leave, just put the name of the person after you and they will pick it up when they arrive!

Hope that makes sense.:goodvibes

The only possible problem with a gap MIGHT be one that exceeds 10 days. I think the claim ticket I got from the first drop off mentioned that after 10 days they could start to charge for the storage of the box. Honestly, i'm hoping that with as popular as this resort is becoming on the DIS, that we won't ever have to worry about a 10 day period without a single DIS'er staying there.

Lucky You!!! I put you down!!:thumbsup2

Double lucky.... I just realized that the dates, chosen because I wanted to see the Festival of the Masters, also happen to fall over the last week of the Food and Wine Festival. :)

Hi all,

I put you on!

Double lucky.... I just realized that the dates, chosen because I wanted to see the Festival of the Masters, also happen to fall over the last week of the Food and Wine Festival. :)

Aww Man...that's great! I really need to figure out a way to move closer to Orlando.:)

Hi, newbie here, we'll be arriving Fri Apr 29, and leaving Sat May 7 - can we get in on this great idea?

Hi, newbie here, we'll be arriving Fri Apr 29, and leaving Sat May 7 - can we get in on this great idea?

I was going to add you to group #2 but your travel dates overlap by one day with someone who has already signed up. :confused: I'm sorry. If you would be willing to bring the box back to the storage area on 5/6 (the day before you leave) in the morning for the next family, I could probably add you. I just don't want to change up things for someone who has already signed up.

Let me know what you think.

I was going to add you to group #2 but your travel dates overlap by one day with someone who has already signed up. :confused: I'm sorry. If you would be willing to bring the box back to the storage area on 5/6 (the day before you leave) in the morning for the next family, I could probably add you. I just don't want to change up things for someone who has already signed up.

Let me know what you think.
yes, that would be great - Thanks!

We just got back tonight from our trip - and added some things to the bin. It is quite heavy, so make sure you have a way to transport it to your room.

DCTooTall Thanks for getting the box - and the supplies to get started. The rubbermaid storage bin was a great idea. Thank you for being willing to kick start the pay it forward in grand style :goodvibes

It was fun to arrive at the resort and have a package waiting for us! We added several items so I hope the next person can use some stuff.

Thank you to the OP. We have stayed at timeshare resorts many times, and always have stuff left over that we wish someone could use. WBC does have boxes in the lobby of each building where they collect unopened, nonperishables to donate to a local charity. It's nice tho. to be able to pass it along to someone on the disboards.

We just got back tonight from our trip - and added some things to the bin. It is quite heavy, so make sure you have a way to transport it to your room.

DCTooTall Thanks for getting the box - and the supplies to get started. The rubbermaid storage bin was a great idea. Thank you for being willing to kick start the pay it forward in grand style :goodvibes

It was fun to arrive at the resort and have a package waiting for us! We added several items so I hope the next person can use some stuff.

Thank you to the OP. We have stayed at timeshare resorts many times, and always have stuff left over that we wish someone could use. WBC does have boxes in the lobby of each building where they collect unopened, nonperishables to donate to a local charity. It's nice tho. to be able to pass it along to someone on the disboards.

ok-stupid question-but HOW did you transport it to your room? do you just mean that you need a car to get it from the main building to your building? or will i need something with wheels to get it down the hall? thanks!

ok-stupid question-but HOW did you transport it to your room? do you just mean that you need a car to get it from the main building to your building? or will i need something with wheels to get it down the hall? thanks!

Hi Julie, we participated last year. I don't think it would be too heavy to carry since some guests don't have a car. Maybe some of the items have accumulated in the box and guests will begin emptying it soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter