BOG: Why order ahead?

Do you get the option to make substitutions for the kids meals? I want to let my daughters have fries, but am not sure that is even an option?

Can anyone answer this for me? My 2-year is not on the dining plan, but I will be ordering a meal for her. I want to pre-order, but is this going to be an issue when I go to pay since the rest of us will be using QS credits? Not sure how the separate payment would work with the whole pre-order process.

I'm picky as well. I just pre-ordered mine & noticed that the sandwiches all have options to remove the "extra" items (not the bread or meat). I was hoping the braised pork would have an option to not have the gravy poured on it, but it didn't give that option. I may ask when I'm there if they give me the option to change what I ordered.

You sound just like my DW. She just wants everything plain. I was hoping for a dinner ressie so she could just get the pork chop. So far, just have the lunch at the present moment. Hoping a dinner ressie comes through! :genie:

When we preordered our lunch, one of us requested that the dressing for the salad be served on the side, and it arrived on he side. I don't remember if that was an option or if we had to put that in a additional comments section. I would go ahead and preorder what you can and see if it will allow your requests. If not, when you review your choices when checking in at the restaurant, mention what you would like to do and see if they can accommodate it.

And yes, we had plenty of time before and after our meal to walk around and check out the different rooms.

And thanks for the compliment on our boys!

I've ordered ahead twice. Both times we were sent into different lines than those who needed to order. However, both times our orders were lost and we had to re-order anyway. So, I have no idea if it actually saves time.
I'd have replied sooner, but there's coffee all over my screen......

We pre-ordered our food for our November visit and had no issues with it being lost. By the time we walked up to the restaurant and were sitting down at our table waiting for our food, it was all of 30 seconds. A CM just checked us in, verified our order, and we were on our way. The food came out in less than 10 minutes after that. When it works properly like it did for us, it would save you the time in the line to order as well as the coordination/frustration of family members not knowing what they want.

Not sure how payment works though, we did the dining plan and selected that when pre-ordering and they just deducted credits for us.

Do you get the option to make substitutions for the kids meals? I want to let my daughters have fries, but am not sure that is even an option?
Yes. We just preordered last night and I was able to swap out the kids' sides and drink options. Both my kids wanted fries instead of what it came with and it was no problem.

I just pre-ordered for March 18th lunch. When you order the soup & grilled cheese they allow you to pick a side - either pomme frites or veg (I think it was beans).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter