BOG: Twice in one week?

Ian W.

Earning My Ears
So me, my DW and DD are going in January, doing the Marathon weekend and staying the following week. I've managed to get our ADR's in, including dinner at BOG for Wednesday 1/13.
My wife let me know this morning that some friends of ours will be there, also participating in the marathon, and wanted to invite us to join them for dinner after the run, on Sunday 1/10 ... at BOG!
Does everyone think that I should keep our 1/13 dinner reservation or not? I know we can cancel after our dinner with friends if we decide one BOG dinner was enough (or - heaven forbid - we don't like it); I just wanted to know what everyone else would do.

:thanks:

I wouldn't plan on eating at the same restaurant twice in one week.

It's a big world. Why repeat something when there are so many other choices?

Last edited:
I have a dinner booked already and I plan to book a breakfast if they are extended to my dates. I don't know if I'd eat twice at the same restaurant for the same mealtime though.

Lol. I have lunch and dinner scheduled at BOG in two weeks and breakfast and dinner at Grand FloridianCafe planned that same week as well. So my answer is yes I would do it twice.

I would do breakfast and dinner there for different reasons. Breakfast to get in early and dinner to have (somewhat of) a character experience and due to the table service setting at dinner. Like previous poster said, there are so many restaurants to choose from I can't see myself having dinner at the same place twice on one trip. I've actually considered extending our 6 day vacation because I can't fit in all the places we'd like to eat! I know - First World problems, eh? ;)

So me, my DW and DD are going in January, doing the Marathon weekend and staying the following week. I've managed to get our ADR's in, including dinner at BOG for Wednesday 1/13.
My wife let me know this morning that some friends of ours will be there, also participating in the marathon, and wanted to invite us to join them for dinner after the run, on Sunday 1/10 ... at BOG!
Does everyone think that I should keep our 1/13 dinner reservation or not? I know we can cancel after our dinner with friends if we decide one BOG dinner was enough (or - heaven forbid - we don't like it); I just wanted to know what everyone else would do.

:thanks:
We very much enjoy dinner at BOG. Not too expensive by Disney standards.

But the question kinda' becomes - are there two things on the menu you'd want to have if you went twice? Or is there something you want to have twice while on vacation?

But I do like you plan about dining on the 10th and canceling if you weren't happy….but then you'd need a last inure reservation for the 13th….unless you book thru Open Table or something.:rolleyes1

We ate there twice on our last trip, mostly because I like guaranteed seating for my kids at meal times.
And we experienced lunch and dinner...it was nice and definitely planning the same this trip

We are doing breakfast and dinner at BOG on our upcoming trip (55 days, yay!). Breakfast is mainly just to get into the park early for some empty park pictures. We're not HUGE breakfast eaters, so it was nice having an option besides the Crystal Palace buffet.

I certainly wouldn't do the same meal at the same restaurant multiple times on the same trip. I'd consider doing different meals at BOG, especially if one was a pre-opening breakfast.

In Our last trip We gone 3 Times (1 lunch, 2 breakfast). It was too much! 1 Time Will be ok. We going just 1 Time for the next trip (lunch).

I would eat there twice in one week. In fact I plan to eat there twice in one day on my upcoming trip (we have a lunch and dinner on the same day and have no times to switch it to yet). I'm hoping for a breakfast too but then all three meal times at BOG do have vastly different menu's.

I would probably jump at the chance to eat dinner there twice in one week though because I love the theming. It's been amazingly done there in my opinion. It does help that Beauty and the Beast was one of my all time favorites probably.

They made the offer this morning? Double check that they have an ADR that includes all of you before you decide anything. You can't just show up there with 3 extra people.

Here is what I would consider when planning. First you need to look at where your eating; do you want to essentially do the same meal twice? Yes or no? I could eat at the same place twice if I liked it enough, since you haven't been there yet you can't answer that question. I would keep both reservations and if you like it enough when you eat with your friends eat there again later in the week. If not cancel the reservation, you'd have plenty of time and you'd probably be able to snag a different reservation for something else you want or you could just eat a QS meal that night.

I have a late lunch (2:00pm) as well as a breakfast (before the park opens) booked for our next trip. That being said, we have free QS dining, so it sounds like a fun meal. And, we're not doing the same meal twice, not that there is anything wrong with that!
The dinner menu doesn't appeal to me, other than the fact that you can order wine. Too bad they don't offer that at lunch! So to me, twice is too much for dinner. If the menu sounds great to you, then by all means, it's your vacation! Otherwise, maybe just do it with your friends and choose another place to dine for the other dinner?

I would not want dinner twice in the same restaurant, so I would cancel one. I have breakfast and lunch planned in BOG, but to be honest, the breakfast is a prepark opening, and booked solely for that reason.

I will admit that I have booked Rose & Crown twice for lunch in August, but not for me! LOL! My DD and DSIL love it there, so since they wanted a break from the heat they sked for this one twice. I don't plan on going two times, but I can see that for many this is a practice that works.

I have a lunch and a dinner already booked for our trip in October and if by any chance Disney decides to extend the breakfast again, I will be looking for an ADR for that as well :goodvibes.

I certainly wouldn't do the same meal twice, especially with all the other great options out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter