BOG strategy

I didn't realize BoG breakfast books up right at 180 days too......i waited a couple days after 180 to look and now there's nothing. :(

I used Touring Plans and it worked very well. Yesterday we scored a lunch for 6 in early October. Now I'm just looking for a breakfast. It's weird though because if I use MDE to book it says it's not available. If I call instead it's available.

Just got BOG on 11/9 at6:25!!! I used the reservation app from touring plans and they texted me that the reservation was open! I immediately booked it!
Yay! That is such a thrill. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Can you expand on the C&D? I have one active watch right now and it looks like it's still live.
I just looked at all the 3rd party sites I could find and they seem to be all shut down. Has anything new popped up to take the place? And why oh why does Disney not have a wait list for reservations???

I used Touring Plans and it worked very well. Yesterday we scored a lunch for 6 in early October. Now I'm just looking for a breakfast. It's weird though because if I use MDE to book it says it's not available. If I call instead it's available.
Wait, does this still work on Touring Plans? Is it part of the subscription side? I'm on the website looking and I don't see how to do this. Sorry, I'm frustrated right now. Our 180 out was today for our quick stint at Disney before a cruise and we didn't get any of the restaurants we wanted. :(

Wait, does this still work on Touring Plans? Is it part of the subscription side? I'm on the website looking and I don't see how to do this. Sorry, I'm frustrated right now. Our 180 out was today for our quick stint at Disney before a cruise and we didn't get any of the restaurants we wanted. :(

Day before Thanksgiving, and tons of people still in a free dining window. Good luck with that.

Yes, touring plans works and it doesn't require the paid subscription. Go to the dining page and there is a link for reservation finder.

Last edited:
Day before Thanksgiving, and tons of people still in a free dining window. Good luck with that.
Yeah, I wish I knew that before going in. At least I wouldn't have had my hopes up. We need res for day before and day of Thanksgiving. I guess I'll just refresh, refresh, refresh!

Yeah, I wish I knew that before going in. At least I wouldn't have had my hopes up. We need res for day before and day of Thanksgiving. I guess I'll just refresh, refresh, refresh!
Try calling for Thanksgiving? I've read quite a few posts about people getting shut out for thanksgiving day but having luck calling and booking with a CM instead.

You are a life saver!! Trying it now. Wish me luck!!

My advice is to set it up and be patient. It hit for one of mine the day after I set it up...and then the other one didn't hit for another week or so. Also if you can, switch the alert tone on your phone to something totally different than your other ringers/alerts. This way I knew exactly when the message came from them and it was a mad rush to the app to grab it. I scored a PPO Akershus this way :)

I have a secured a lunch ADR for 1 person but there are two people in my party. Given that it's quick service, will they let both of us in? Can you order interested multiple entrees per person? If so, then I would be able to get food for two and my table for one would still leave at least one empty seat so it feels like a no-brainer. Or am I am oversimplifying?
Interested in this answer too.

Try calling for Thanksgiving? I've read quite a few posts about people getting shut out for thanksgiving day but having luck calling and booking with a CM instead.
To follow up, we were able to get Thanksgiving dinner res by calling, but still no BOG. The thing is on the phone they are able to break up the party into multiple groups to make it work. Will keep checking here about BOG though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter