BOG strategy

I have a secured a lunch ADR for 1 person but there are two people in my party. Given that it's quick service, will they let both of us in? Can you order multiple entrees per person? If so, then I would be able to get food for two and my table for one would still leave at least one empty seat so it feels like a no-brainer. Or am I am oversimplifying?

There is no guarantee they will let two people in for a one person reservation.

Thank you for that information! A thread on this board directed me to the site I was using, but I wish I would have researched it more submitting the request I made. It is just free service that notifies if an ADR becomes available, but I had no idea there was such a strong backstory to it.

If it is Touring Plans, Disney didn't stop them at this time. I used them and got 3 PPO breakfasts and 2 dinner reservations at BOG. I can't check for reservations during my work and commuting hours, so it was like having an extra person looking for availability for me. They don't hold the reservation or charge you for it. They just let you know if it becomes available. If you aren't paying attention, you miss it.

Can you expand on the C&D? I have one active watch right now and it looks like it's still live.

If you don't mind me asking, which site did you use for an active watch? I have used DisneyDiningBuddy in the past and didn't think they sold ADR's either.

If you don't mind me asking, which site did you use for an active watch? I have used DisneyDiningBuddy in the past and didn't think they sold ADR's either.

I was using the touring plans reservation finder. So yes, it was just searching on my behalf and then alerting me if it found what I was looking for. I set up the notification on their text (used that super annoying clown car noise) so when I heard that little clown car alert for their text I just bolted to the site and scooped up my ADRs. I found an 8am Akershus and a 5pm SciFi this way. Saved me a TON of grief :)

But back to the issue, I didn't realize there were sites that people were charging for ADRs, that's BS.

But back to the issue, I didn't realize there were sites that people were charging for ADRs, that's BS.

Oh yeah. They were wide open until about 6 months or so ago. Many here praised them highly for finding that coveted ADR for "only" $10 or whatever it was. They didn't realize that if it weren't for those services, ADR's wouldn't be nearly as hard to get. Most have noticed that it's quite a bit easier to secure ADR's since Disney put the squelch on them.

I have a secured a lunch ADR for 1 person but there are two people in my party. Given that it's quick service, will they let both of us in? Can you order multiple entrees per person? If so, then I would be able to get food for two and my table for one would still leave at least one empty seat so it feels like a no-brainer. Or am I am oversimplifying?

It depends on if the restaurant is at capacity or not. No way to know for sure until you show up for your ADR. Keep checking for an ADR for 2, that is the best thing to do.

My strategy is always to book the harder to get ADRs for the last day of our trip; fewer people have had access to those dates. We've never not gotten an ADR we wanted with this method.

I see that doesn't really help, as it's what you already had planned, but I did want to put it out there for others.

I was using the touring plans reservation finder. So yes, it was just searching on my behalf and then alerting me if it found what I was looking for. I set up the notification on their text (used that super annoying clown car noise) so when I heard that little clown car alert for their text I just bolted to the site and scooped up my ADRs. I found an 8am Akershus and a 5pm SciFi this way. Saved me a TON of grief :)

Thanks! That's great news you were able to find what you needed!

Just keep trying, on 180 day mark I had gotten no BOG for any of the days we are going this october. I kept trying and I check multiple times a day on the app and yesterday morning I got one at 171 days out. People change plans constantly and something opens up. I now actually have two and hoping I can get a better time closer to when we go.

Keep trying!

Alas, no luck this morning at the 180 day mark for BOG for us. I tried online at 6am and even called at 7am (waited 45 minutes). I even tried for the last day of our trip. We are going during Jersey week and we are a party of 6 so that may contribute to the difficulty.
What is the app that you used to check for reservation openings? I definitely need to download that!:worried:

And currently, I can't get onto My Disney Experience. It crashed when I was on it before and has not come back up.

Alas, no luck this morning at the 180 day mark for BOG for us. I tried online at 6am and even called at 7am (waited 45 minutes). I even tried for the last day of our trip. We are going during Jersey week and we are a party of 6 so that may contribute to the difficulty.
What is the app that you used to check for reservation openings? I definitely need to download that!:worried:

I used the MDE app and honestly kept checking multiple times a day. I think I had an easier time finding one because of our small party. There is also the reservation finder through touring plans but idk it didn't work for me. BOG I found you need to actively search many times a day on MDE to find anything. I do not lie when I say I checked hourly till I found one. I'm wishing you luck!

If youre staying onsite your 10 dates "should" have opened for you on your 180 morning at 6am. I've heard some people have trouble with this though. If you're not onsite I believe you have to book the days as they open (one by one)

I called and there was nothing available even a few days out. I am doing a split stay so can only access the first part. I am assuming then all will be gone with the 180plus ten by the time I can book for the second part of my reservation. Hugely disappointed.

I called and there was nothing available even a few days out. I am doing a split stay so can only access the first part. .I am assuming then all will be gone with the 180plus ten by the time I can book for the second part of my reservation Hugely disappointed.

Wouldn't surprise me, especially since the 2nd part of your trip will be during another FD period. People get all excited about FD, then are disappointed when they can't get the reservations they want because of the competition created by FD. It's a double edged sword. What used to be a quiet, pleasant time to go to the parks (fall) is now a free-for-all.

We did book lunch at BOG anyway. Can't really complain as the middle part between our split stay is a four day cruise, so we will get planty of Disney fare.

Just got BOG on 11/9 at6:25!!! I used the reservation app from touring plans and they texted me that the reservation was open! I immediately booked it!
Now to decide if the dining plan is a good choice for us.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter