BOG new test lunch res online?

Can't say I completely disagree. No doubt, I've had issues with the WDW website before and have been very frustrated with the way their IT handles things. I can only guess they are fixing things one at a time because doing a global update may cause other problems (not very reassuring if that is the case, I know). The Help Desk people giving out information that we know is not accurate is also very frustrating. I'm sure they have a script and can't deviate. I do hope you and the others having problems get them resolved quickly so you don't have to deal with this too much longer!

Thanks ... I hope so LOL

I haven't been to Disney since 2011 and I have no clue what you are talking about! I followed the Be Our Guest link in this thread and it gave me dates out to April 2014 when we are going to be there. Can someone please explain what this lunch is and also what the Fastpass + thing is?

Also, we are renting points from an owner and are booked at Beach Club. We arrive 3/31. I called WDW Dining and they said I could only book one day at a time starting on 10/1. I'm assuming it's changed from when you could originally book out 7-10 days (can't remember what was allowed) for your entire vacation at once, correct?

Thank you! I am just starting my research and have to book my ressies next week. Stressed!!!

I haven't been to Disney since 2011 and I have no clue what you are talking about! I followed the Be Our Guest link in this thread and it gave me dates out to April 2014 when we are going to be there. Can someone please explain what this lunch is and also what the Fastpass + thing is?

Also, we are renting points from an owner and are booked at Beach Club. We arrive 3/31. I called WDW Dining and they said I could only book one day at a time starting on 10/1. I'm assuming it's changed from when you could originally book out 7-10 days (can't remember what was allowed) for your entire vacation at once, correct?

Thank you! I am just starting my research and have to book my ressies next week. Stressed!!!

To learn about Fastpass+, try the first posting on this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3177863

Regarding Be Our Guest lunch reservations: normally you make ADRs only for the table-service restaurants, not the counter-service restaurants.

Be Our Guest is a table-service for dinner. BUT it's counter-service for lunch. And Disney is testing out a reservation system for the counter-service lunch (and apparently you were one of the lucky ones to get into the site!).

I think WDW Dining told you wrong, but we don't do table-service ADRs, so don't quote me on that. ;)

Last night I went to the Be Our Guest lunch link using my reservation number and email address (same one associated with MDE account). I was able to see plenty of availability but didn't book anything (wasn't sure what we wanted yet). Today, most of the day I was unable to log into my MDE account, saying not recognized email or password. Then suddenly it took me to a screen saying I needed to update my account info for the new system. I did that and that appears to have created a totally new MDE account for me from scratch! (same email and password though!) Which is a huge pain because I had a lot of information in my original account. Has this happened to anyone? Is there a way to get it back?

I had the same situation with my account....just prior to the FP+. I tried signing in, and it created a new account...lost everything that i had previous. The IT dept. didn't see anything they could fix. I hope they can help you out.

Last night I went to the Be Our Guest lunch link using my reservation number and email address (same one associated with MDE account). I was able to see plenty of availability but didn't book anything (wasn't sure what we wanted yet). Today, most of the day I was unable to log into my MDE account, saying not recognized email or password. Then suddenly it took me to a screen saying I needed to update my account info for the new system. I did that and that appears to have created a totally new MDE account for me from scratch! (same email and password though!) Which is a huge pain because I had a lot of information in my original account. Has this happened to anyone? Is there a way to get it back?

This happened to me too. I called Disney and some how it had kicked me out of the account that I had been using and put my info into an old account. They could see everything, and once I signed in with my old account there it was. She couldn't explain it. I'm scared to even go back in now to try it again.

IMHO it's not a test anymore when it's being rolled out it every resort while I'm down there.
The test thing does not hold water for me anymore.... How bad is the MDE app or web site.. Is that still in a testing phase..

Simply there is a linking problem between UT tickets and the system BUT these are the RFID Disney cards ... So being in IT you would think since they have fixed users already (one by one) they could fix the coding issues for all instead of one at a time..

Cone on how stupid is that.... do you fixed them one at a time or attack fix the whole problem..

When I called I was told the problem was linking to Travelocity reservation, not that the RFID cards that I have were from UT (which they are). Only my son's paper ticket is linked.

Has anyone been "fixed" yet???

When I called I was told the problem was linking to Travelocity reservation, not that the RFID cards that I have were from UT (which they are). Only my son's paper ticket is linked. Has anyone been "fixed" yet???

Well they gave you a line ... I hate the fact they are just too dumb or don't tell you the correct answer... Yes people have been fixed but it seems you need to get them to put in a ticket for you. Also it seems that they wait till you are two weeks out before you get fixed..

What a joke a IT dept. that fixes issues that are all the same on a one for one basis.. The test line is bull now that every resort will be on line...

OK - does anyone have the number you call for help on this thing?

I have two resort reservations, a two-night room only followed by a seven-day package with free dining.

When I type in the number for the room-only on the website..I get the response "Guest is already registered". While I typed the number into the website before, I never successfully booked a lunch reservation. How am I supposed to see this?

When I put in the number for my package I get the following error message:
"Thank you for participating. Please try again later. If you continue to encounter this message, you can seek further assistance at the Lobby Concierge desk at your Walt Disney World resort or upon arrival at the Be Our Guest restaurant" So, in other words, they won't let me pre-book...

This has me totally confused and I assume I am not getting in.

When I called I was told the problem was linking to Travelocity reservation, not that the RFID cards that I have were from UT (which they are). Only my son's paper ticket is linked. Has anyone been "fixed" yet???

Call the IT dept. again have them put in a ticket for you... Complain nicely ... Cause at the end of the day you are at their mercy

IMHO it's not a test anymore when it's being rolled out it every resort while I'm down there.
The test thing does not hold water for me anymore.... How bad is the MDE app or web site.. Is that still in a testing phase..

Simply there is a linking problem between UT tickets and the system BUT these are the RFID Disney cards ... So being in IT you would think since they have fixed users already (one by one) they could fix the coding issues for all instead of one at a time..

Cone on how stupid is that.... do you fixed them one at a time or attack fix the whole problem..

I am sitting here with fingers crossed IT fixes the UT issues within the system as I do not see the one on one basis being a reality given the large scope of guests effected

I check-in in just 37 Days My MB's Are ordered I will keep trying MDE in hopes of seeing my tickets showing up but I am extremely doubtful of it actually happening

I am sitting here with fingers crossed IT fixes the UT issues within the system as I do not see the one on one basis being a reality given the large scope of guests effected I check-in in just 37 Days My MB's Are ordered I will keep trying MDE in hopes of seeing my tickets showing up but I am extremely doubtful of it actually happening

I'm 28 days out I got my MB and letter I believe they will fix me when I'm 2 weeks out. That seems to be how it seems to be going. Worse comes to worse I will get it fixed down there.. Which sucks.Why in the world can't they fix them all in one shot is still beyond me. Let's face it this is really out of the testing phase as it being rolled out it all on site resorts.. I call them every 5 days and ask politely for a status. Don't sit by call if you haven't..

We are appx 40 days out & magically we were able to customize magic bands & reserve FPP last night. It wasn't available yesterday morning. So, the point is, don't lose hope...keep checking. We had no emails telling us anything. Good luck

I am sitting here with fingers crossed IT fixes the UT issues within the system as I do not see the one on one basis being a reality given the large scope of guests effected I check-in in just 37 Days My MB's Are ordered I will keep trying MDE in hopes of seeing my tickets showing up but I am extremely doubtful of it actually happening

Well HAPPY DAYS .... I just went to do my daily MDE check to see if my IT ticket issue was fixed.. AND GUESS WHAT... It is doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!
I'm 26 days out and can finally make my FP+ reservations.. So. Don't lose hope... I hope they fixed everyone all at once and not one at a time....

Well HAPPY DAYS .... I just went to do my daily MDE check to see if my IT ticket issue was fixed.. AND GUESS WHAT... It is doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!
I'm 26 days out and can finally make my FP+ reservations.. So. Don't lose hope... I hope they fixed everyone all at once and not one at a time....

Congrats! I know you've been waiting forever. Let the fun begin! :cool1:

Congrates! I am happy all your calls were not in vain. I haven't tried calling back since my second call and the person I spoke to in IT told me I had to wait and fix it a guest services because I bought my tix from UT.

Congrates! I am happy all your calls were not in vain. I haven't tried calling back since my second call and the person I spoke to in IT told me I had to wait and fix it a guest services because I bought my tix from UT.

Not true as you can see... Call make sure they have you logged in to get fixed ... Never take the first answer they give you good luck hope they fix it got you..

Just thought I'd share my experience with this today...

We made last minute resort ressies about a week ago for this weekend. I had read about the Be Our Guest lunch ressie website on here, and decided to put in my confirmation number and see if it would work. It did, on the first try, without any issues at all. I picked our time slot, preordered our food, and double (and triple) checked that everything was confirmed.

Well, today we show up at Be Our Guest during our time slot, and they don't have our name in their system. We don't have magic bands, just our KTTW cards and our AP's. They seemed very confused, but the woman at the podium said just to go through the FP+ line anyways, but we would have to order our food again. As we were walking up the bridge, another CM stopped us and asked what we were doing. I explained the situation to her, and she was very reluctant to let us pass. I told her we made the reservation, told her the time slot, the things we ordered, etc and she eventually just let us go in. I didn't take a screen shot of our ressie (knowing what I know now, really wish I did!) and they never asked for our KTTW card or anything. We were in the restaurant, had our food ordered and were to our table in about 5 minutes. It was a super quick, efficient process. The regular line was all the way down the bridge, then turned and went back towards Gaston's Tavern. So, we were very thankful that we had made those reservations, and that they let us through without any concrete proof.

I just wanted to share this experience because I get the feeling that we just got lucky today, and usually, they are going to want some way to verify we actually had a reservation. It is very strange to me that the system allowed me to even make a reservation for this, and then we weren't on the list at all. They definitely have a lot of kinks to work out with this. I know a lot of people were worried about their reservations going through, so my advice is take as much evidence of your reservation as you can.

Sidenote: The food was SO delicious and the inside is BEAUTIFUL!

Just thought I'd share my experience with this today...

We made last minute resort ressies about a week ago for this weekend. I had read about the Be Our Guest lunch ressie website on here, and decided to put in my confirmation number and see if it would work. It did, on the first try, without any issues at all. I picked our time slot, preordered our food, and double (and triple) checked that everything was confirmed.

Well, today we show up at Be Our Guest during our time slot, and they don't have our name in their system. We don't have magic bands, just our KTTW cards and our AP's. They seemed very confused, but the woman at the podium said just to go through the FP+ line anyways, but we would have to order our food again. As we were walking up the bridge, another CM stopped us and asked what we were doing. I explained the situation to her, and she was very reluctant to let us pass. I told her we made the reservation, told her the time slot, the things we ordered, etc and she eventually just let us go in. I didn't take a screen shot of our ressie (knowing what I know now, really wish I did!) and they never asked for our KTTW card or anything. We were in the restaurant, had our food ordered and were to our table in about 5 minutes. It was a super quick, efficient process. The regular line was all the way down the bridge, then turned and went back towards Gaston's Tavern. So, we were very thankful that we had made those reservations, and that they let us through without any concrete proof.

I just wanted to share this experience because I get the feeling that we just got lucky today, and usually, they are going to want some way to verify we actually had a reservation. It is very strange to me that the system allowed me to even make a reservation for this, and then we weren't on the list at all. They definitely have a lot of kinks to work out with this. I know a lot of people were worried about their reservations going through, so my advice is take as much evidence of your reservation as you can.

Sidenote: The food was SO delicious and the inside is BEAUTIFUL!

Great info, thanks!

Now I don't feel too bad that I can't get through on the site to make a reservation.

I don't mind the tech hassle now, but once at WDW, I don't like to spend precious time trying to get tech stuff fixed.

Has anyone who has NOT gotten an invitation but WAS able to make reservations been turned away at BOG? I was able to make reservation and kind of nervous about being turned down once we are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter