BOG new test lunch res online?

We check in 11/23 and I haven't been able to get it yet. I've only seen people up to 11/22 be able to.

Ahhh, that's good to know. I knew I was within 60 days (looking at 11/24), but it says that nothing is available. I wonder if they'll open up those dates or block them out since it's Thanksgiving week?

So now that we have ordered our food when we get there where do we go to check in and get our food?

Also if anyone is back and they preordered their food how long did it take? And how did it go?

The other day when I logged into this, it asked for my resort reservation #, but now it just has me log in with my user name/email and password (like on the WDW website). Is it that way for everybody?

The other day when I logged into this, it asked for my resort reservation #, but now it just has me log in with my user name/email and password (like on the WDW website). Is it that way for everybody?

yes, after you put in the resort ressie# it "remembers" who you are :-). I set up accounts for me and my sister a month ago and then just kept waiting and checking to see if it became available for October.

Still no luck getting through on beourguestlunch website.

I tried both before and after doing online check for resort. (November 14 is our arrival day at All-Star Music.)

After doing online checkin, I called the 407-939-7765 number and picked #2 (for tech support). I was answered by the "Tech Helpdesk." I explained that I kept getting the "Guest Already Registered" message at the beourguestlunch website, and they said they couldn't do anything to help, but the resort concierge could help once I get to WDW.

Then I called 407-939-7849 and got a different menu from the one on the other call. I picked #1 (for "not yet at resort") and got a non-tech CM. He told me that in order to use the test beourguestlunch site, I have to receive an invitation to do so. He said the invitations were being sent out at random.

So I give up, unless someone can suggest something else to try.

sort of. Was able to customize our MBs today and actually got into the BOG ressie site! Unfortunately no times available on the 2 days we are looking at. I guess I just keep trying!!!

And I have neither checked in yet nor gotten an invitation so grain of salt with info from CMs

Still no luck getting through on beourguestlunch website.

I tried both before and after doing online check for resort. (November 14 is our arrival day at All-Star Music.)

After doing online checkin, I called the 407-939-7765 number and picked #2 (for tech support). I was answered by the "Tech Helpdesk." I explained that I kept getting the "Guest Already Registered" message at the beourguestlunch website, and they said they couldn't do anything to help, but the resort concierge could help once I get to WDW.

Then I called 407-939-7849 and got a different menu from the one on the other call. I picked #1 (for "not yet at resort") and got a non-tech CM. He told me that in order to use the test beourguestlunch site, I have to receive an invitation to do so. He said the invitations were being sent out at random.

So I give up, unless someone can suggest something else to try.

I've actually been wondering if this is why the BOG reservation site/system has been so glitchy. Has anyone actually received an invitation to use it recently?

No criticism intended to anyone, just trying to make sense of things, but there could be a reason why no one has been receiving invitations for a while. IT could be having problems with this system. They obviously wouldn't shut the site down while they are trying to work out the bugs and allowing a very limited number of people use it to see how they're progressing. It's a real possibility that people using the system when really they're not supposed to be - no one would have that URL without someone having shared it - that it's hindering IT's efforts. :confused3

I've actually been wondering if this is why the BOG reservation site/system has been so glitchy. Has anyone actually received an invitation to use it recently? No criticism intended to anyone, just trying to make sense of things, but there could be a reason why no one has been receiving invitations for a while. IT could be having problems with this system. They obviously wouldn't shut the site down while they are trying to work out the bugs and allowing a very limited number of people use it to see how they're progressing. It's a real possibility that people using the system when really they're not supposed to be - no one would have that URL without someone having shared it - that it's hindering IT's efforts. :confused3

Your trying to figure out if Disney has IT issues LOL and people using it are hindering their efforts to fix it?? LOL doubt that also doubt they are trying to fix it. There are reports that the front desk can also get you the FP by just asking ..

Your trying to figure out if Disney has IT issues LOL and people using it are hindering their efforts to fix it?? LOL doubt that also doubt they are trying to fix it. There are reports that the front desk can also get you the FP by just asking ..

Clearly Disney has massive IT issues. If you read what I posted I said I was trying to figure out why this particular system is so bad, eg. not recognizing people's reservations or accounts, locking people out of their MDE accounts, etc. And wondering if these issues are why no one is currently receiving invitations.

Not sure why you would think they aren't trying to fix something they bothered to develop and I don't know why you would think that too much traffic in a system that is not meant to be fully functional at this point, while they may be trying to debug it would be an issue ...

Clearly Disney has massive IT issues..

:thumbsup2

On both of my calls, they emphasized that the beourguestlunch website is in "testing" mode, and I think you hit the nail on the head regarding the site's glitches.

Getting the site to work right seems to be largely a matter of luck. (I've been lucky with having no MB and FP+ glitches, so I guess I can't complain about BOG. :))

Clearly Disney has massive IT issues. If you read what I posted I said I was trying to figure out why this particular system is so bad, eg. not recognizing people's reservations or accounts, locking people out of their MDE accounts, etc. And wondering if these issues are why no one is currently receiving invitations. Not sure why you would think they aren't trying to fix something they bothered to develop and I don't know why you would think that too much traffic in a system that is not meant to be fully functional at this point, while they may be trying to debug it would be an issue ...

While we are at it let's try to figure out why so many people can't link their UT tickets to their MDE to make FP+.....

Don't think you got what I was saying..

That bottom line they have IT issues not only on the BOG thing. I said nothing about traffic being an issue but again the untruths about needing invite and only monorail resorts working aren't true either.. Some are getting crazy over it not working when the can get the resort to do it for then.

While we are at it let's try to figure out why so many people can't link their UT tickets to their MDE to make FP+.....

Don't think you got what I was saying..

That bottom line they have IT issues not only on the BOG thing. I said nothing about traffic being an issue but again the untruths about needing invite and only monorail resorts working aren't true either.. Some are getting crazy over it not working when the can get the resort to do it for then.

Absolutely they are having issues with the MB's & FP+ system, but they don't seem to be of the same nature as the BOG problems (I haven't heard of anyone being locked out of their MDE account by trying to customize their MB's ...)

While it may be possible to get a BOG FP by asking your concierge, it doesn't mean that WDW wants full on access of the general public to the reservation site at this point. Clearly it isn't ready.

People are getting so worked up about the issues, but if it weren't for the DIS no one would be aware of the site (unless invited) . So it's not really an "untruth" that you need to have an invitation.

Absolutely they are having issues with the MB's & FP+ system, but they don't seem to be of the same nature as the BOG problems (I haven't heard of anyone being locked out of their MDE account by trying to customize their MB's ...) While it may be possible to get a BOG FP by asking your concierge, it doesn't mean that WDW wants full on access of the general public to the reservation site at this point. Clearly it isn't ready. People are getting so worked up about the issues, but if it weren't for the DIS no one would be aware of the site (unless invited) . So it's not really an "untruth" that you need to have an invitation.

Is also real easy if they wanted to shut down or fix the link so they so called invite list can only get in...

Last night I went to the Be Our Guest lunch link using my reservation number and email address (same one associated with MDE account). I was able to see plenty of availability but didn't book anything (wasn't sure what we wanted yet). Today, most of the day I was unable to log into my MDE account, saying not recognized email or password. Then suddenly it took me to a screen saying I needed to update my account info for the new system. I did that and that appears to have created a totally new MDE account for me from scratch! (same email and password though!) Which is a huge pain because I had a lot of information in my original account. Has this happened to anyone? Is there a way to get it back?

Is also real easy if they wanted to shut down or fix the link so they so called invite list can only get in...

If they are trying to fix the site, and test it (which, according to another poster is what they are trying to do at this point) it would make sense for them to keep the site active.

I'm sure they could fix the link to limit access (although we're talking Disney IT, so that may be a stretch ...), but they are having so many other issues with this system, why add to it by adding even more code to an already big mess? They likely weren't counting on people publishing the link all over the place and other people accessing the system the way they have been (maybe short-sighted on their part, but ...)

My point is just that people are clearly having a lot of issues, some getting really stressed about it, and it would seem that probably at this point WDW is not intending for the public to be using this site.

If they are trying to fix the site, and test it (which, according to another poster is what they are trying to do at this point) it would make sense for them to keep the site active. I'm sure they could fix the link to limit access (although we're talking Disney IT, so that may be a stretch ...), but they are having so many other issues with this system, why add to it by adding even more code to an already big mess? They likely weren't counting on people publishing the link all over the place and other people accessing the system the way they have been (maybe short-sighted on their part, but ...) My point is just that people are clearly having a lot of issues, some getting really stressed about it, and it would seem that probably at this point WDW is not intending for the public to be using this site.

You miss my point ... If they really want to make sure it gets fixed they could easily shut it down and fix it.. Don't you think listen I'm an IT guy and Disney is the worst at fixing problems that I have ever seen. Me in waiting for my ticket issue to get fixed.. Guess how many tickets they have or so I was told .... 3k. LOL is it true? Who knows I do know more tines than nit cms bad the IT dept. will tell you just about anything to either get rid of yo gas fast as they can or cause they have no idea

Not that I am defending IT, BUT they have stated clearly the FP+ is still in test phase. Sounds like the only people having problems are the folks that bought their tickets from UT.

I am in IT too and it sounds to me like perhaps UT has a bulk of tickets that they sell. It might be that the range of tickets that UT has is not considered activated in the WDW MDE system - just a guess.

As far as BOG FP+, if the site is saying you are already registered, try using the WDW site login for someone in your travel party and enter the all numeric reservation code which you can get in the URL when you click make a payment. BOG FP+ is definitely in the testing phase and I doubt many outside of this and a few other sites even know it exists.

BTW, it appears that it is only giving out FP+ up to 11/22.

Not that I am defending IT, BUT they have stated clearly the FP+ is still in test phase. Sounds like the only people having problems are the folks that bought their tickets from UT. I am in IT too and it sounds to me like perhaps UT has a bulk of tickets that they sell. It might be that the range of tickets that UT has is not considered activated in the WDW MDE system - just a guess. As far as BOG FP+, if the site is saying you are already registered, try using the WDW site login for someone in your travel party and enter the all numeric reservation code which you can get in the URL when you click make a payment. BOG FP+ is definitely in the testing phase and I doubt many outside of this and a few other sites even know it exists. BTW, it appears that it is only giving out FP+ up to 11/22.

IMHO it's not a test anymore when it's being rolled out it every resort while I'm down there.
The test thing does not hold water for me anymore.... How bad is the MDE app or web site.. Is that still in a testing phase..

Simply there is a linking problem between UT tickets and the system BUT these are the RFID Disney cards ... So being in IT you would think since they have fixed users already (one by one) they could fix the coding issues for all instead of one at a time..

Cone on how stupid is that.... do you fixed them one at a time or attack fix the whole problem..

Can't say I completely disagree. No doubt, I've had issues with the WDW website before and have been very frustrated with the way their IT handles things.

I can only guess they are fixing things one at a time because doing a global update may cause other problems (not very reassuring if that is the case, I know). The Help Desk people giving out information that we know is not accurate is also very frustrating. I'm sure they have a script and can't deviate.

I do hope you and the others having problems get them resolved quickly so you don't have to deal with this too much longer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter