BOG - Favorite Dinner Item

I am a fan of both at other eateries, and the only 2 credit place we are doing this trip is HDD, so I have to find "fancy" food at our other ADRs. I will most likely have steak at Coral Reef, as it is delicious there, and at Teppan edo. Is it better at BOG?

I'm just torn between the shrimp & scallop dish and the steak. Maybe I can convince DH to get one thing and I get the other and we share. :scratchin

I'm curious as to how the new chicken breast entree is. I had planned on getting the Cornish Hen in August so I'm a little bummed. But maybe that just means I should try the steak that I keep hearing great things about!!

I am a pork lover anyway, but I absolutely loved the pork rack chop. And the macaroni au gratin they served with it was divine, too. Probably the best food we ate this last trip - and I was mostly there for the ambience! :thumbsup2

I agree the steak was definitely great both times I ordered it. In order to get the "Grey Stuff" you need to be celebrating a special occasion. It is a tiny serving.

Well, we will be celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary on this trip! I might throw that in while we are at BOG! We spent our honeymoon at WDW!!

Is there a way to add a special occasion to an existing ressie or do you just tell them when checking in?

we ordered the french onion soup and the leek soup.

dinners: steak, seafood pastry and the cornish hen (kids steak too)

desserts: the grey stuff, the strawberry cupcake and a chocolate one

the soups and dinners were all really really good. we all shared meals just so everyone could try a bit of each.
(next time I go back I want to order the seafood pastry!! )

I wasnt a huge fan of the cupcakes.. but everyone else enjoyed them.

BOG was by far our best meal of trip!! :)

our server was great too!!

Can anyone confirm if the seafood puff pastry has mushrooms? It sounds delish but the one food I won't eat is a mushroom. It doesn't list it on the menu but thought I spied a few of the buggers in a photo.

While DD9 enjoyed her steak and I enjoyed the seafood puff pastry, what we still talk about it the potato leek soup. The soup was so good with the baguette!

I don't remember mushrooms in the seafood, but I'm not positive because I do like them and wouldn't have thought about it.

I've had the pork both times I've eaten there and it's been amazing both times, especially the mac and cheese that comes as the side dish, YUM! Best.
The French Onion Soup is pretty good
All of the cupcakes are to diiiie for, they're super sweet but boy are they good!!

I loved the salmon, it was delicious! I also ordered the salad for an appetizer, and the dressing was sooooo good!!

I would go back just to get the mussels appetizer. It was awesome. Plus beer.

The Cornish hen is off the menu. It's now a chicken breast. Wasn't crazy about the Cornish hen when I had it. It wasn't bad but it was kind of boring, needed seasoning.

I would go back just to get the mussels appetizer. It was awesome.

The Cornish hen is off the menu. It's now a chicken breast. Wasn't crazy about the Cornish hen when I had it. It wasn't bad but it was kind of boring, needed seasoning.

I hope the chicken is bigger than the Cornish hen. I actually laughed when it was put down on the table.

I agree the steak was definitely great both times I ordered it. In order to get the "Grey Stuff" you need to be celebrating a special occasion. It is a tiny serving.

This really depends on your server--- we were able to get the "Grey Stuff" the other nite (others around us did as well), just by asking -

:)

Regarding the Cornish Hen at BOG, Josh at easyWDW tweeted earlier today that it is still on the menu and the chicken breast is not. He said that you could order the chicken, though, and the server told him that they're testing it for a couple of weeks.

We only ate there once for dinner -this past Wednesday - and we were unimpressed. My daughter got the steak and it had a lot of gristle - she wouldn't eat it. I got the Cornish Hen and while the seasoning was fine it was a tad dry. My husband got the steak and didn't like it. He says we make better steaks at home. He actually sent his fries back because they were too salty and he can handle more salt on his food than I can.

Dessert cupcakes were fine though.

They were testing a chicken breast last week with what sounds like a puttanesca sauce (plum tomatoes, anchovies and black olives).

Well we have 31 days left! Guess I will just have to wait to see what the poultry selection is :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter