BOG - Favorite Dinner Item

Oh Fudge, the only thing on menu my son would choose would be the cornish hen....I have it booked twice in Nov. may have to cancel one now.

Oh Fudge, the only thing on menu my son would choose would be the cornish hen....I have it booked twice in Nov. may have to cancel one now.

I wouldn't cancel it yet. As PP's and I mentioned earlier, there are conflicting reports about whether or not the Cornish Hen has been replaced. Josh at easyWDW tweeted a picture yesterday of the menu that still had it on there. It seems that they're still testing whether the Chicken Provençal will make the menu.

My family (me, dh, son 15 son 11 and my mom and dad) visited MK in April for the day (we were visiting my folks in New Smyrna Beach). I actually booked BOG at the 180 mark before we had our travel plans finalized hoping we would be able to drive up for the day. :goodvibes

So after a great day at the park we had dinner reservations for 5:45. We had a very short wait after we checked in and sat at a table for 6 in the main ballroom. Absolutely beautiful!

Two of us had the pork chop and the other 4 had the seafood puff pastry. We all loved our food and like many previous posters have stated, the macaroni side Dish with the pork was really amazing. My dh had the mussels for an appetizer, my two boys shared the charcuterie plate, and the rest of us had the salad. Again, everyone was very happy. Very fresh, hot and delicious and unique flavours. I would say of the three, the mussels were especially good!

For dessert I think we had 3 flavours - chocolate, strawberry, and another kind (I forget)! But they were all fantastic! Very fresh, moist and flavourful.

The coffee was the best coffee we've ever had (maybe with the exception of lue Mountain coffee in Jamaica) so that is saying a lot.

But really the restaurant is the star of the show. The food was wonderful and so fresh but the details of the restaurant, the snow falling outside, and meeting the Beast after our dinner all made the dinner extraordinary. It was expensive but absolutely worth it in our opinion as it was a special experience. My mom and dad have not been to Disney in probably 25 years soot was a very special day for all of us - topped off with one of the most memorable and special meals I have ever experienced! :cloud9:

My family (me, dh, son 15 son 11 and my mom and dad) visited MK in April for the day (we were visiting my folks in New Smyrna Beach). I actually booked BOG at the 180 mark before we had our travel plans finalized hoping we would be able to drive up for the day. :goodvibes

So after a great day at the park we had dinner reservations for 5:45. We had a very short wait after we checked in and sat at a table for 6 in the main ballroom. Absolutely beautiful!

Two of us had the pork chop and the other 4 had the seafood puff pastry. We all loved our food and like many previous posters have stated, the macaroni side Dish with the pork was really amazing. My dh had the mussels for an appetizer, my two boys shared the charcuterie plate, and the rest of us had the salad. Again, everyone was very happy. Very fresh, hot and delicious and unique flavours. I would say of the three, the mussels were especially good!

For dessert I think we had 3 flavours - chocolate, strawberry, and another kind (I forget)! But they were all fantastic! Very fresh, moist and flavourful.

The coffee was the best coffee we've ever had (maybe with the exception of lue Mountain coffee in Jamaica) so that is saying a lot.

But really the restaurant is the star of the show. The food was wonderful and so fresh but the details of the restaurant, the snow falling outside, and meeting the Beast after our dinner all made the dinner extraordinary. It was expensive but absolutely worth it in our opinion as it was a special experience. My mom and dad have not been to Disney in probably 25 years soot was a very special day for all of us - topped off with one of the most memorable and special meals I have ever experienced! :cloud9:

Wow! Great review! Thanks so much. I am more excited than ever. Sound like the pork chop is something I'd like!!

What is the gray stuff?

According to most reports it is a very small portion whipped cookies-and-cream flavored panna cotta. This is given to guests at dinner only (not at lunch) who are celebrating something. If you're not celebrating something, you can ask, but you may not get it.

Green Salad with the Champagne Vinaigrette and the Salmon with Leeks and Saffron Mashed Potatoes was fabulous! I dream about the salmon and I am going to try and recreate it at home. Bon appetit!

I had the salmon with leek fondue and it was excellent. Well worth the price even outside of Disney. I ate at a more expensive restaurant in DC last night and my entree at BoG was far superior. I will definitely rwturn to BoG for dinner.

The mussels appetizer and the cupcakes were high points for us. My daughter (24 y/o) really liked the salmon.

I had the cornish hen which was ok I guess. The meat was well cooked and moist but by itself it was bland. When I dipped it into the au ju it just tasted greasy and salty but did nothing to add to the flavor. My granddaughter had the kids steak which was waaaaayyyyyy over cooked.

OH, and my granddaughter said the grey stuff (given to her for her birthday) was as advertised...delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter