Boardwalk or Animal Kingdom

forsberg21

Earning My Ears
We are planning a "rough it to luxury" visit and would like some advice/opinions. We will start in a tent for three nights and then upgrade to DVC for our final three nights. We are a family of 5: DD14, DD12, and DS7. Deciding between BWV studio or AKV 1 Bedroom. It would cost us about $600 more for the 3 nights at AKV as I don't think we can fit 5 into a AKV studio. Would we have a lot more space in a 1-bedroom? Which resort would you recommend as a step into luxury after FW tenting?

You cannot put 5 in an AKV studio, no. With 5, you MUST do a 1BR.

You have a ton more space, though, and a second bathroom at AKV Kidani. With 2 teen/tween girls, I'd go for a second bathroom without hesitation.

And with the DVC 1 bedroom, you have a full kitchen and laundry in the room - which to me would be very luxurious after camping!

We own points at both resorts and love the atmosphere of each one. If you were comparing resorts with the same accommodations, I would pick BWV mostly because of the location. However, with a party of 5, I would definitely go with a 1BR over a studio for the reasons already given.

Last edited:

And it's important to mention that if you do a 1BR at BWV, they do sleep 5, but only provide beds/bedding for 4. So, kinda awk-ward.

As far as which to do, I'd definitely go with AKV. Can't beat those giraffes! Boardwalk has beautiful boardwalk views, but I still recommend AKV, regardless of the size villa.

I did a similar split stay, but my first 3 days was a value, then AKL. I remember walking in to the AKL, stopping and going "Wow!" This was way back when AKL first opened, so I had no idea what to expect. Was I delighted!

Love BWV for the location, but if the choice is between a studio at BWV and a 1 bedroom at AKV for 5 people, I'd definitely go for the bigger space and take the 1 bedroom at AKV.

And at Kidani Village in the one bedroom, you'll have a lovely large standup shower in the master bathroom (as well as a large soaking tub) and a combination shower/tub just off the living room in the second bathroom. Might be nice after all that camping.

We are planning a "rough it to luxury" visit and would like some advice/opinions. We will start in a tent for three nights and then upgrade to DVC for our final three nights. We are a family of 5: DD14, DD12, and DS7. Deciding between BWV studio or AKV 1 Bedroom. It would cost us about $600 more for the 3 nights at AKV as I don't think we can fit 5 into a AKV studio. Would we have a lot more space in a 1-bedroom? Which resort would you recommend as a step into luxury after FW tenting?

When are you going?

I love both resorts but would probably pick BWV if available because of park access and ages of your girls.

You would have double the space in a Jambo 1BR and more than double the space with a Kidani 1BR. Sleeping arrangements will be fairly similar although you'll get a King bed, queen sleeper and sleeper chair at AKV 1BR and a queen bed, double sleeper and murphy bed at BWV studio. Double the space, kitchen, laundry, larger beds - I'd do AKV for more "luxury". It's also a beautiful resort and the animals add a uniqueness you won't find anywhere else on property.

For five people, three of them who are daughters, and after camping for three nights I would go for AKV in the 1BR. Two bathrooms and beds for all five you will look great.

$200/night more for a 1-bedroom at AKV sounds like a lot to pay but there's no way that I would cram 5 people in a studio with one bathroom. To me, there's nothing luxurious about it. I would book two rooms at a Value Resort before I would do that!

AKV is a lovely resort. Kidani is so peaceful and relaxing. You would never suspect that you were sitting on the doorstep of a major theme park. The only advantage that I can see that a BWV studio stay would have over an AKV 1-bedroom would be the proximity to Epcot and HS (and maybe the access to more dining choices). IMO, either spend the extra for the 1-bedroom or go the value route and get two connecting rooms there.

Are you big Epcot people? AKL is lovely and gorgeous but it's just soooo far. Walking to Epcot (and close access to MGM) can't be beat for us.

Are you big Epcot people? AKL is lovely and gorgeous but it's just soooo far. Walking to Epcot (and close access to MGM) can't be beat for us.
It's not any further than taking a bus from the Epcot resorts to the MK. I don't know why people talk about AKV/AKL like it's in another country.

And it's not MGM anymore. Hasn't been for years. It's Disney Hollywood Studios. And that name is going to change in the near future.

It's not any further than taking a bus from the Epcot resorts to the MK. I don't know why people talk about AKV/AKL like it's in another country.

And it's not MGM anymore. Hasn't been for years. It's Disney Hollywood Studios. And that name is going to change in the near future.

That's interesting, I've never timed it so I can't disagree with you, it just feels much further to us. OP, take my original comment with whatever weight you wish.

Awesome advice everyone! My heart is with AKV so it was nice hearing these opinions. There are some great clues here but my next question is where should I request to stay within AKV? I will search for previous threads on this topic as well!

Not big Epcot fans (yet) so the close proximity to Animal Kingdom at AKV cancels the close proximity to Hollywood from BWV I guess

$200/night more for a 1-bedroom at AKV sounds like a lot to pay but there's no way that I would cram 5 people in a studio with one bathroom. To me, there's nothing luxurious about it. I would book two rooms at a Value Resort before I would do that!

AKV is a lovely resort. Kidani is so peaceful and relaxing. You would never suspect that you were sitting on the doorstep of a major theme park. The only advantage that I can see that a BWV studio stay would have over an AKV 1-bedroom would be the proximity to Epcot and HS (and maybe the access to more dining choices). IMO, either spend the extra for the 1-bedroom or go the value route and get two connecting rooms there.
Thank you. Kidani sounds great, would you recommend requesting Kidani or have any other ideas about where to stay at AKV? Thanks!

Thank you. Kidani sounds great, would you recommend requesting Kidani or have any other ideas about where to stay at AKV? Thanks!
Kidani vs. Jambo are booking categories, not requests. A 1BR at Jambo does NOT have the second bathroom.

If a quick service is necessary every day then you might want to stay at Jambo House. But really with the buses stopping at Jambo House or the shuttle it is not that bad to get to Jambo House in 5 minutes. But if you walk it is only around 10 minutes to walk. I prefer Kidani in order to get a lower floor for a savanna view room as I think you can see more animals below the tree tops. And in the 1BRs at Kidani you have two bathrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter