Boardwalk or Animal Kingdom

We are planning a "rough it to luxury" visit and would like some advice/opinions. We will start in a tent for three nights and then upgrade to DVC for our final three nights. We are a family of 5: DD14, DD12, and DS7. Deciding between BWV studio or AKV 1 Bedroom. It would cost us about $600 more for the 3 nights at AKV as I don't think we can fit 5 into a AKV studio. Would we have a lot more space in a 1-bedroom? Which resort would you recommend as a step into luxury after FW tenting?
I'm trying to work out where your numbers are being derived from. BWV standard view? AKV savannah view? Private vs through a broker? Realize that the BWV standard studio will be tough to reserve in many cases. The largest spread I can see using Magic season 2 weekend nights (next summer) is 52 points at BWV standard view studio and 100 for Savannah view 1BR or 48 points differential, that'll put it at $600-700 differential. Moving up to preferred at BWV for a studio increases it by 8 points but at other times of the year the differential can be much higher. Standard view saves 15 points over Savannah view.

I agree with others that the kitchen, W/D and extra space are worth it if you swing it. Personally if you have enough lead time to do so I'd actually go with the 2BR AKV value in this situation but you'll need the full 11 month window to get it in all likelihood, it's cheaper than the savannah view 1BR but more than the standard view AKV 1BR.

We just completed a split stay BWV, Kidani Village stay.

Kidani Village: The 1 bedroom had two complete bathrooms (one with shower, toilet, sink, the other with soaking tub, toilet, sink) very nice. Having 2 girls the second bathroom was a plus. The eating options are limited. We walked to Jambo House (about 5 minutes) and ate at The Mara which was very good. From our perspective the other food options at AKL are pretty limited.

Boardwalk has smaller rooms, one bathroom has a sink and tub the other has shower, toilet and sink. There is a connecting door between the two bathrooms. Boardwalk has a bunch of restaurant options within walking distance. It has a quiet pool and a large pool with quite a water slide. You can walk or take a boat to Epcot. (which has a number of excellent eating options). You can bus, walk or take a boat to Studios.

It all depends on what is important to you. If eating is a priority, the Boardwalk wins hands down. Pool access also goes to Boardwalk. Seeing animals out your window AKL. Room space and bathrooms AKL (Kidani). Getting to the parks, my vote goes to Boardwalk. Having a great time ...... both.

I am working with Dave's so I think the differential in cost is coming from $2 extra per point at BWV outside the 7-month window for our April stay

I am working with Dave's so I think the differential in cost is coming from $2 extra per point at BWV outside the 7-month window for our April stay
If you're looking at standard view, that might be difficult for that time and this late, better plan for preferred view in your comparisons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter