BoardWalk Inn: Club Level Review and Photos

I haven't been getting the instant PM notices since the big DIS server migration of 2012:laughing:, but I did just see yours - thanks.

I just finished a WL/CL review for AllEars, but they haven't posted it yet. When it's posted, I'll PM you the link. Yes, we LOVE the food, service and lounge at WL. Once you stay there, you can't help but compare other lounges to it. Did you see the DIS WL/CL review I posted?

I think I did. Is that where you posted the meatballs and cherry cobbler? I love the resort, as a matter of fact I think it's gorgeous, the only thing we didn't like was the room. I think if they renovated the rooms a bit, I would stay there again. But the resort as a whole is GORGEOUS!. :)

Our room was the very last room at the end of the hall on the left, right before you turn right to go to the Innkeeper's desk and enter the Innkeeper's Club. It's in a little alcove of three rooms, closest to the CL desk, but outside the CL door.

I bet you're excited about your upcoming stay and I hope you have a great vacation!

:banana::banana: Oh yeah, we are really excited! Countdown mode at my house with DD. :goodvibes

And I didn't write my previous post very well, sorry. Yes, I know the little alcove you are talking about, but when you enter room 4259 you have a hallway inside of the room. It is easily 5-7 feet of narrow hall space in the room itself before you hit the closet on the right and the bathroom on the left. I was curious is 4261 had the hallway inside the room as well.

Does that make sense? I just am curious because I don't want 4261 if it doesn't. :sad2: I have seen 4257 open with Mousekeeping and I saw the hallway in that room too (the last of the 3 CL rooms before the Innkeepers desk).

I think I did. Is that where you posted the meatballs and cherry cobbler? I love the resort, as a matter of fact I think it's gorgeous, the only thing we didn't like was the room. I think if they renovated the rooms a bit, I would stay there again. But the resort as a whole is GORGEOUS!. :)
Yes, that's the review - venison meatballs and cobbler!

The WL room rehab started today and is slated to finish at the end of September 2012. All the rooms will get new bedding, bathroom fixtures, countertop, paint, flooring, drapes... :goodvibes

:banana::banana: Oh yeah, we are really excited! Countdown mode at my house with DD. :goodvibes

And I didn't write my previous post very well, sorry. Yes, I know the little alcove you are talking about, but when you enter room 4259 you have a hallway inside of the room. It is easily 5-7 feet of narrow hall space in the room itself before you hit the closet on the right and the bathroom on the left. I was curious is 4261 had the hallway inside the room as well.

Does that make sense? I just am curious because I don't want 4261 if it doesn't. :sad2: I have seen 4257 open with Mousekeeping and I saw the hallway in that room too (the last of the 3 CL rooms before the Innkeepers desk).
I'm sorry that I misunderstood you:flower3:. No, the interior of the room did not have a long entryway. It was a regular entry with the fridge/coffee maker immediately to the right and the sinks/bathroom on the left.

Time for you to get packin'!

Hi Kook We too just returned from BWI CL. We had a short 2 day visit - the other 2 days we were at PBH on the 'dark side' :)

We were in 4232 right next to the lounge. It was very quiet. I had requested this location because my DH was having some issues walking right before our trip (Gout!)
Pete who worked the outside desk was so nice and great with my kids.
The other CL CM's were too familiar as if they have worked together too long and chatted with each other so much we always had to interrupt them if we had a question. From your review it appears this is not uncommon!
Our view was of the quiet pool and courtyard - so serene. We love the BW location - walking to DHS and Epcot is great.
I liked how much more low key the Innkeepers Club was than the BC lounge - BC was always crazy and overrun - we had to sit at kiddie tables some times! At BWI even if we didn't get the big table we would still be able to sit at one of the small tables - but not one time did a CM ask if they could help us with an extra chair or move tables around to fit us. I expected more. It is still a good value for a family of 5 - breakfast and snacks and drinks make it just about even with a standard room and paying out of pocket for those items according to my calculations.
Time to start planning our next trip in October. DMIL would like to stay at WL - I'll look for your review!:)

Hi Kook We too just returned from BWI CL. We had a short 2 day visit - the other 2 days we were at PBH on the 'dark side' :)

We were in 4232 right next to the lounge. It was very quiet. I had requested this location because my DH was having some issues walking right before our trip (Gout!)
Pete who worked the outside desk was so nice and great with my kids.
The other CL CM's were too familiar as if they have worked together too long and chatted with each other so much we always had to interrupt them if we had a question. From your review it appears this is not uncommon!
Our view was of the quiet pool and courtyard - so serene. We love the BW location - walking to DHS and Epcot is great.
I liked how much more low key the Innkeepers Club was than the BC lounge - BC was always crazy and overrun - we had to sit at kiddie tables some times! At BWI even if we didn't get the big table we would still be able to sit at one of the small tables - but not one time did a CM ask if they could help us with an extra chair or move tables around to fit us. I expected more. It is still a good value for a family of 5 - breakfast and snacks and drinks make it just about even with a standard room and paying out of pocket for those items according to my calculations.
Time to start planning our next trip in October. DMIL would like to stay at WL - I'll look for your review!:)
Thank you, LisaCM614 for posting your review. It's always helpful to get different perspectives on the same resort. Yes, walking to Epcot and DHS is so convenient and easy. I'm glad they were able to put you close to the lounge due to DH's mobility issue.

Looks like you'll be staying CL again in the future. I hope you have fun planning your next trip. Let me know if you or DMIL have any WL questions.

Just for future reference there is an extra chair that sits right by the desk that you can grab at any time to add to a small table. I guess I don't know why a cm would be expected to do this. Just difference in opinion I guess. If it is something I can do, I do it myself.:scratchin Hopefully your next stay at a different resort will be better.

Yes for everyone's reference there was an extra chair to grab by the desk and it was always there for me to grab. I didn't think a cm would be expected to find me a seat but if they saw a guest with 3 young children juggling as mom's have to do - it would have been nice to help. That is all. Since my DH was limping around he wasn't too much help - maybe I was just a little on edge. :crazy2:

Kook - my DMIL has stayed a few times at WL with other grandchildren and would love to go back with us. The math sure does support WL CL (535 a night vs BC 605 a night!) We can't normally stay there with the 3 kids without a deluxe room but since we are getting 2 rooms for October that might be a nice choice! Still thinking we should rent dvc points. Tough decisions! :rotfl2:

LisaCM. Totally understandable being swamped. Hope your DH is doing better!:thumbsup2

I hope someone that works there puts a stop to it...that's not really a "Disney" thing to see...CM's talking and not acknowledging the CL visitors... Hmm... :confused3

I hope someone that works there puts a stop to it...that's not really a "Disney" thing to see...CM's talking and not acknowledging the CL visitors... Hmm... :confused3
I see that you're a first-time poster so :welcome: to the DIS!

I know you quoted someones else's post, but just to clarify my post that LisaCM614 alluded to... In my review, I mentioned that I had to interrupt two CMs who were chatting with each other near the kitchen. There weren't any plates or bowls and a line had formed of guests who were waiting patiently to serve themselves breakfast.

I see that you're a first-time poster so :welcome: to the DIS!

I know you quoted someones else's post, but just to clarify my post that LisaCM614 alluded to... In my review, I mentioned that I had to interrupt two CMs who were chatting with each other near the kitchen. There weren't any plates or bowls and a line had formed of guests who were waiting patiently to serve themselves breakfast.

Thanks for the welcome! :wave: I love Disney a lot and I hope I wasn't sounding TOO judgemental in my post! :worried: I love Disney a lot, and want to plan a cruise with them one of these years, since I have never been on a cruise...but I've visited Disney MANY times! :wizard:

I love the Boardwalk, and the fact that it's so convenient to travel to Epcot and DHS...and also the entertainment is amazing, too! I've always wondered how loud it could get for the rooms directly above the Boardwalk, though... :scratchin

I just read this and am so disappointed! We were planning on staying in the garden suites for our March 2015 trip. Maybe they will change the rules back!! One can hope.

I just read this and am so disappointed! We were planning on staying in the garden suites for our March 2015 trip. Maybe they will change the rules back!! One can hope.
The sleeper sofas were removed so there is only a king bed now. However, someone posted recently to the BWI thread that the sleeper was still in their GS, but you can't book more than two in them now. Could you book a Deluxe CL room? There are ten of them and they have two queens, two TVs and a sleeper sofa.

Thanks for your detailed review. We stayed in that exact room back in 2011. I agree with much of the comments, and it seems like things haven't changed that much. The staff were frequently talking, leaving one staff member to do most of the work. A group of them would dote over this one little girl (admittedly adorable), but it seemed to go on forever while tables weren't being cleared or food replenished. We also stayed at AKL club level which I far preferred and their staff were much more professional.

Thanks for your detailed review. We stayed in that exact room back in 2011. I agree with much of the comments, and it seems like things haven't changed that much. The staff were frequently talking, leaving one staff member to do most of the work. A group of them would dote over this one little girl (admittedly adorable), but it seemed to go on forever while tables weren't being cleared or food replenished. We also stayed at AKL club level which I far preferred and their staff were much more professional.
You're welcome:)

Just so there's no confusion, I originally posted this TR two years ago, one year after you stayed in the same room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter