• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Bride's PJ Morocco/Canada/Attic/SCP updates 01/09!!

I love love love that hairstyle. It's so beautiful

Thanks!! I just tried to do it on myself, but since I have straight hair, and I didn't feel like curing it, and the side ponytail is a bit high, I look like Napoleon Dynamite's girlfriend...lol. I would take a picture, but I haven't replaced my stolen camera yet :sad2:

That carnival theme idea is fabulous!! I love everything about it! It'll be so colorful and fun! :cutie:

NO! Its definatly not childish! Its fun!!! Honestly evertime i think about having a disney wedding i think... this is something people will remember. I love weddings that are unconventional and unique and themed. I mean honestly who remembers the ones that are boring and traditional? There isn't anything that stands out about them. They're all the same, just different color schemes really.

People are going to LOVE your theme! I was thinking your inviations could look like big raffle tickets! That would be so cool!

Oh wow!! I love everything!! That cake is fantastic. I love how bright and fun it all is...goes very well with the Boardwalk!! Great job!!

WOW! you have such great creativity! the themes you came up with are soo different and unique. really making me think of changing my theme. lol :idea:

but looking forward for more!!:surfweb:

So now that we are about two weeks away from booking, the major guest stress has begun.

Now all of a sudden, ALL of df's family is witching (with a b) that we are putting them in such a bad spot, since now they have to all budget for the wedding, blah blah blah.....WHY NOW??? Yes, this is happened here and there over the past few months, but now everyone is getting super mad!

We have said from the beginning that to us, this is an elopement, with invites (if that makes sense). Yes, it would be nice to have other people there, but we only care that WE are happy on OUR wedding day (this may sound harsh, but you must understand we are not very close with our families).

Now we don't know what to do. Do I want to cancel disney? No, of course not. But do I want to deal with all this stress leading up to it, and probably on the day with these people, no. I have no idea what to do!! Has anyone else been through this...any advice? Out of 17 ppl, we have only 5 supporters :sad2:

No you aren't the only one!! I am in a similar position (with my side, not Df's). I really only care that Df,our parents are there, my brother (our officiant!) and my grandmother. It's not that I don't care if anyone else goes, it's just not the end of the world.

You have to stick by what you want! If both Df and yourself want the DIsney wedding, then do it!!!:hug: We are to support you!

Thank you!! I don't wish bad things on other disbrides, but it is nice that others know what I am going through! This is the ONLY place I want to get married, and DF as well. It just feels right....I just wish everyone else could understand. (We were actually told we are "Canada-haters" by a school friend, since we are getting married in the US....people are crazy...it's not my fault WDW is not in Canada :rotfl:)

Oh Karen, I'm sorry you are going through this. :hug: If it helps at all, I'm pretty sure we've all gone through it. It took a while for DF's family to get on board and I was getting really upset and considered just doing something really small here at home. Also, my grandma still does not acknowledge DF's presence and refuses to believe i'm getting married. She says I'm making the biggest mistake of my life. :sad2: Oh and that I'm being selfish by considering getting married somewhere other than Chicago. Anyway, just please know we are all supportive around here and you need to do what will make YOU happy not your family. Once DF's family understood our reasonings they were on board. This is YOUR day, not theirs. They have had or will have their days that they can decide what's right for them. Also, consider this, if it was them considering a destination wedding and you were unsure you'd be able to make it, do you think they would change their plans? i know my family wouldn't. It will all work out, I promise. It always does!:hug:

Oh Karen, I'm sorry you are going through this. :hug: If it helps at all, I'm pretty sure we've all gone through it. It took a while for DF's family to get on board and I was getting really upset and considered just doing something really small here at home. Also, my grandma still does not acknowledge DF's presence and refuses to believe i'm getting married. She says I'm making the biggest mistake of my life. :sad2: Oh and that I'm being selfish by considering getting married somewhere other than Chicago. Anyway, just please know we are all supportive around here and you need to do what will make YOU happy not your family. Once DF's family understood our reasonings they were on board. This is YOUR day, not theirs. They have had or will have their days that they can decide what's right for them. Also, consider this, if it was them considering a destination wedding and you were unsure you'd be able to make it, do you think they would change their plans? i know my family wouldn't. It will all work out, I promise. It always does!:hug:

Oh, thank you so much!! And if something does go wrong, I least I can find you there to talk to!! :rotfl: I think we would REALLY regret not doing it in the end so I just need to find a way to not let the haters bug me! Thanks again:flower3:

you are NOT the only one!! I'm so sorry you're going through this... :hug: DF and I just got into a fight about how we're trying to do a home reception for the people in our lives who are being unsupportive and at one point i just said "ya know what lets just say forget it and get married here and make everyone happy." the second I heard myself say it i knew that was just terrible. I got really upset and DF said "nope this is about us and not only do you want it but i absolutly what it too! so we're doing it and (bad word) everyone else!"

You need to do what makes you guys happy. Honestly i feel like weddings have become wayyyy to crazy. its about the man and the women who want to spend the rest of their lives together. Not about the amount of money spent, or how big the guest list is, or inviting the friends of the friends of the family. Its about you and your DF and if a disney wedding is what makes you guys happy thats it. The only thing that changes after the wedding is last names (if you chose to) and that the ms. turns to mrs. I dont understand why so many people get freaked out about people who want to have an intimate wedding with just themselves and close family and friends. But i digress and i'm getting off of my soap box now. :rolleyes:

Don't let people get you and your man down sweetie! Keep your head up and make your wedding the nicest it can be for no one else but the two of you. :hug:

I agree with everyone. I love the way you described it as an elopement with people. If they are not there it's not the end o the world and just focus on that

Thanks again everyone!

Okay, for some good news. I won the cake cutter I REALLY wanted off ebay, and got it for about half the retail price! Here it is:

bPY-CSLBTRI.png

I have also worked up the courage to post pics of me in my dress. (but now it's taken off!!)

What are you talking about?! You look awesome in the dress!!! :goodvibes Whether or not you decide to lose weight or not, that dress looks absolutely beautiful on you. I love your creativity. What a cool cake cutter. You are my model for uniqueness and creativity. Ebay you say...what type of key words did you use? I hope you feel better and enjoy the celebration. Your wedding is going to ROCK! :thumbsup2

OMG you look amazing in your dress!! I agree with everyone else...you don't need to lose weight. BUT I Totally understand how you feel since I want to lose about 15 more lbs before our wedding. I love your dress though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter