Boardwalk Bride's PJ Morocco/Canada/Attic/SCP updates 01/09!!

That's so fun you are doing a trash the dress shoot! As for the at home reception, I'm glad you will most likely get to have one. When Mike and I told my dad we were considering not doing one b/c we may not be able to afford it, he looked so disappointed. So we will definitely do one but it's going to be very casual and BBQ-esque. :)

Thats what we're doing too, just having a little out door party in our backyard with everyone who couldn't make it to disney. Not formalities like tossing the bouquet or speeches, just everyone celebrating the marriage. We didn't really want to do it either though but its worth it to make everyone happy... at least alittle bit! :thumbsup2 I'm glad you decided to do it

Thats what we're doing too, just having a little out door party in our backyard with everyone who couldn't make it to disney. Not formalities like tossing the bouquet or speeches, just everyone celebrating the marriage. We didn't really want to do it either though but its worth it to make everyone happy... at least alittle bit! :thumbsup2 I'm glad you decided to do it

That's what I really want to do, but we don't own a house. We live in a downtown apartment, so we are really limited in space! The place where we are booked at now (the Lamplighter) is a really fancy hotel, so it is a fancy plated dinner, and very formal. It is a good value though...but it will be an extra almost $10000 on top of the DFTW, and we are both grad students (so we have been in school FOREVER, and really don't have a huge cash flow).

On a good note....I'm going for my first round of dress shopping tomorrow or wednesday! YAY It feels weird cause the wedding is still 8.5 months away, but apparently I am already behind :rotfl:

That's what I really want to do, but we don't own a house. We live in a downtown apartment, so we are really limited in space! The place where we are booked at now (the Lamplighter) is a really fancy hotel, so it is a fancy plated dinner, and very formal. It is a good value though...but it will be an extra almost $10000 on top of the DFTW, and we are both grad students (so we have been in school FOREVER, and really don't have a huge cash flow).

Neither of our parents live in the same city as us either, so that is out too! My DF's brother and SIL just bought a huge old dt house close to us, with a big backyard, so I might try asking them. They offered to throw us a shower (yes we are having a joint one), so I wonder if a reception is an option too? I might look into is, since I am really uncomfortable with paying so much for the other option.

On a good note....I'm going for my first round of dress shopping tomorrow or wednesday! YAY It feels weird cause the wedding is still 8.5 months away, but apparently I am already behind :rotfl:

:scared: Another 10000$ not good! I would totally ask about having the reception at their house. We are thinking about renting some nice white tents and tables and chair to put outside for everyone and here it's only going to cost us about 500$ to do. It doesn't hurt to ask! :thumbsup2

And :woohoo: for dress shopping! take tons of pictures!

Hi there! :wave2: Just read through all your plans so far!

I love your candyland theme idea, and your shoes are positively amazing!! :thumbsup2 Also, I may be the weirdo here in my choice but I think dress 1 of the second post you made about gowns is beautiful!

Looking forward to reading more!

Thanks!! I love that one too, and it is good to know that someone likes it!:goodvibes

I'm going to London today to visit my MOH (ontario, not england, lol!) so I will try on some dresses today!! I heard a lot of these stores do not allow pics though, and I haven't lost the proper weight yet :mad: so we will see how it goes.

I"M SO EXCITED TO START TRYING ON DRESSES!!! YAY 5 hours to go!

Oh yay for trying on dresses!!! :banana:

You have to try and sneak in some pictures! Can't wait to read all about it!popcorn::

WOW! Dress shopping is wayyyy harder than I thought it would be!! The stores are so confusing, and the gowns are so heavy!
So I went to London (ontario) yesterday to visit my MOH and start shopping. It started out okay, than got bad, than worse, than amazing!

The first place we went too was okay, and it had dresses that I either posted on here, or looked similar to them. Now, I thought this type of dress (empire waist A-line) would be super flattering. It really wasn't, on me anyway. So I began to get really upset, because now I had to start over again with styles. Anyway, we went around London looking at different stores. Some were soooo brutal! At the third one, the lady picked out a bunch of gowns for me, put them in the change room, and told me to go try them on. My MOH and I walked in there, and looked at them, and I was like "these look like my grandma's curtains" :rotfl: SO we laughed for like 5 minutes than got the heck out of there!!

So we were about to give up, when MOH decided we should try one last store. I used to live in London, so I know which areas are good and bad, and didn't want to go to this one because I thought it was a sketchy area. Anyways, we pull up, and the window displays were STUNNING!!! There were 6 dresses in the window, and one stuck out to me that I had on my "dresses I like" page that I saved on my computer awhile ago. It was so gorgeous, but I figured it wouldn't look good on me, so we went in and picked out ther gowns.

After trying on about 4 of them, I was ready to start crying. None of them looked good at all. So while I was changing, my MOH asked the lady to get the dress I liked out of the window display, so I could try that one. Reluctantly, I put it on.....and it was MAGIC. I swear, I thought it would make me look like a fat balloon, but it did the opposite! It was seriously like that moment in the movies where we were all like "this is it"!!!!! I was sooo happy....until I looked at the price tag. The DEPOSIT alone was more than my ENTIRE budget!!!!!:sad1:

So we went back to her apartment to talk about it. We kept looking it up online, and I called DF to tell him about it (and how much extra I would have to spend). After many rounds of sparkling wine, we decided we would go back the next morning (this morning) and try it again. So we went back, I put it on, and I just KNEW i had to have it. It is THE dress. It is ME, it is girly, fun and different. My MOH took a few pics, but she hasn't sent them yet, so here is the ones from online (it is by Pronovias):

mydress2.jpg

mydress.png

mydress3.jpg

It was so expensive, but it makes me so happy just looking at it!!! The bad thing (well kind bad) is that it makes me want to keep the fancy reception! :rotfl:

Anyway, if anyone reading this lives in Southwestern Ontario, I definitely recommend going to this place! It is called Nicholas and Elizabeth Bridal, in London, ON. It is like a boutique from a wedding movie, it is so adorable, and the women there are soo helpful and friendly! Plus they have all the latest dresses (mine is from the 2010 line)

Anyway, I hope other people like it as well...sorry for the long explanation of dress shopping!!!

Only a few more weeks until I can finally book DFTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:eek: OMG that dress is AMAZING!!!!!

I LOVE it!!! :love: I can't wait to see the pics of you in it!!! Good job hun!

Wow that dress is stunning! I LOVE it! Can't wait to see the pics of you in it. I'm sure you will look just breathtaking! :goodvibes

Nice work! That dress is stunning!!! :love: Looking forward to seeing the photos of you with it on!! :bride:

:eek: OMG that dress is AMAZING!!!!!

I LOVE it!!! :love: I can't wait to see the pics of you in it!!! Good job hun!

Your dress is absolutely stunning! You'll look gorgous on your big day! :)

Wow that dress is stunning! I LOVE it! Can't wait to see the pics of you in it. I'm sure you will look just breathtaking! :goodvibes

Wow, love that dress!

That dress is gorgeous

Nice work! That dress is stunning!!! :love: Looking forward to seeing the photos of you with it on!! :bride:

Awww, thanks everyone!!! I hate that I can't see it again until like February:sad1: I guess most people have to go through that though!

Awww, thanks everyone!!! I hate that I can't see it again until like February:sad1: I guess most people have to go through that though!

Ouch! I know how you feel! :sad1: I've not seen my gown since March, and I probably won't be seeing it until... hmm.. October?? So painful! You feel like you're losing a friend! Lol!

That dress is stunning! I can't wait to see the pics of it on you:love: I also blew my budget with my dress but once you put on THE dress you just have to get it... I waited 6 months after I found mine searching for another but in the end I bought the overpriced dress I love and don't think I will ever regret it! Congrats!

You can do appetizers at a Dessert Party instead of dessert... maybe you can do the same at Sago Cay?

Don't despair! Lots of brides here get custom menus...from casual (hot dogs/hamburgers) to gourmet. They can recreate pretty much any dish you want (as long as you can pay ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter